1. Trading/Buying/Selling characters. Doest it makes sense?

Hi guys,

First of all sorry if there is thread like this, but i really wanted to give my and hear your opinion about this char buy/sell thing. I have a really decent mage on Lordaeron with a 4.4k GS and 2 full profesions, some titles ,etc. The thing is that i want to sell him for coins.

First problem is that Warmane gives you the minimal price (for this char its 512 coins). Who would really give ~500€ for a virtual character in game on private server? Does it make sense to you? I understand that Warmane puts the minimal price to avoid things like selling for 1 coin and stuff. But putting a 500 coin price on a character makes him literally unsellable.

Second, why there isnt option when you can trade characters with other person without needing to spend money for coins? I understand, there is no money for Warmane in that case.

I wonder to see how your opinions on this topic are? Have anyone actually sold any character so far and what do you think about this guys?

Again sorry if this is re-post.

Cheers

2. Hi guys,

First of all sorry if there is thread like this, but i really wanted to give my and hear your opinion about this char buy/sell thing. I have a really decent mage on Lordaeron with a 4.4k GS and 2 full profesions, some titles ,etc. The thing is that i want to sell him for coins.

First problem is that Warmane gives you the minimal price (for this char its 512 coins). Who would really give ~500€ for a virtual character in game on private server? Does it make sense to you? I understand that Warmane puts the minimal price to avoid things like selling for 1 coin and stuff. But putting a 500 coin price on a character makes him literally unsellable.

Second, why there isnt option when you can trade characters with other person without needing to spend money for coins? I understand, there is no money for Warmane in that case.

I wonder to see how your opinions on this topic are? Have anyone actually sold any character so far and what do you think about this guys?

Again sorry if this is re-post.

Cheers
    4k decent , get out of here lol .

3. 4k decent , get out of here lol .
    I mean, or you could've tried to tackle the question instead of being a straight doof.

To OP, I haven't got even a clue as to the logic behind these practices. Maybe one day it'll be "balanced" in a sense.

4. The system is made as a legal ability to buy/sell characters, but NOT to in any way encourage it. Their goal is not to promote character selling in any way.

5. At times I wish there was a way to enforce that people use Search before creating threads... I have personally stated where the price comes from about half a dozen times already...

We have a Marketplace where you can get items and services for coins; character prices on trade are based on the Marketplace costs, as they should be; there is already a discount on the Marketplace cost applied, so it's cheaper to buy a character than to get every single "component" that makes the package up individually. If you try to sell a character with 1000 coins worth of items and perks, that's how much the minimum price will be (less, because of the discount, but still very high). It's that straightforward and simple.

All the arguments that "it's my character, I should be able to decide the price" are imploded by two facts: there's no implication that you should be allowed to sell characters by default, this is something we are offering, under our conditions for it to be used; and in the end of the day all characters technically belong to Warmane, not to you (if you think that's incorrect, get yourself permanently banned on retail and then try to get them to "give you your character because it's yours").

6. They've made the trade system absolutely worthless, it is near impossible to sell a character on it.

Complete utter total waste of time and effort by Warmane staff, and a waste of time and effort from every player trying to use it.

It's trash. Complete. Utter. Trash.

7. They've made the trade system absolutely worthless, it is near impossible to sell a character on it.

Complete utter total waste of time and effort by Warmane staff, and a waste of time and effort from every player trying to use it.

It's trash. Complete. Utter. Trash.

Not really, I have made a net 300+ coins from that "worthless" system. lel

8. I made around 500 or so
    How many char did you sell and how many were you selling? Also, how long did it take you?

9. I had 5x toons,1x is left (fully bis but no luck to sell it (even when wanting so hard,no friggin luck)took me from day system opened to about 2 weeks last one.

10. I have tried to sell a character on FrostWolf, no luck. I hate the fact that you can't lower the amount of coins as there is no way I am selling my character for 171 coins. Honestly, I just wanted 120-140 coins. I switched servers and no longer play. I've been trying to sell this character for weeks now, no luck. Thanks Warmane.

11. Yee i know that felling im trying to sell 2 Bis Chars on Neltharion their min price is over 400 coins with no inventory.. sadly its dieing realm and noone needs them.. and i want atleast only 190 coins for each.. Because i don't play cata anymore.
    Edited: August 14, 2016