1. Alliance or Horde on PvP ?

Hi,

I want to know if Alliance is better than Horde like Icecrown realm ?

Thanks for answers. :)

2. Horde has instant bg queues during the day. And alliance has the Human Racial which is better for arena's. In terms of winning and losing battlegrounds, it's an illusion that one side is better. Premades win bg's and both sides have them, if you have low gear you probably lose more often.

3. Facts:

1. Avg aliance pug > avg horde pug.
    2. No premade ownage => Less horde pug joining => Instant horde queue.
    3. Aliance queue time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Horde queue time.
    4. It's more common (or epic) for horde to revert the score than for aliance, although both cases are weird (this point is the only really debatable, but I'm talking from my own experience).
    5. Horde have more guilds who do premades than aliance, so in aliance global you'll see more people asking for premade than in horde global.
    6. Difficulty to sync premades (ie, double premade) for aliance >>> Than for horde.
    7. Thank to Goblin Glider flag carrier bug (since patch 5.1), horde benefit more than aliance. (Eventually, this point could change in future).

If you don't believe any of the above points, create 1 char on each side and do a lot of bgs (like myself) and experience them by yourself.

*This is only PvP perspective. PvE is probably other reality.
    Edited: August 5, 2016

4. Hi,I want to know if Alliance is better than Horde like Icecrown realm ?
    Thanks for answers. :)
    Generally speaking yes. It is like that since Wotlk, because of the OP Human racial good PvPrs go Ally.
    As conseguence ally has more PvPer= longer que for BGs ( on Horde side is almost instant instead)
    Edited: August 7, 2016

5. 7. Thank to Goblin Glider flag carrier bug (since patch 5.1), horde benefit more than aliance. (Eventually, this point could change in future).
    100% agree.
    Horde is heavily benefit for this bug in Twin peak and Warsong, two maps whose design already benefits the horde (Alliance can't do the same).

6. Facts:

7. Thank to Goblin Glider flag carrier bug (since patch 5.1), horde benefit more than aliance. (Eventually, this point could change in future

*This is only PvP perspective. PvE is probably other reality.
    Goblin gilder fixed at 5.4.8
    I don't think goblin gilder is only for horde
    It's for alliance too, you can also jump with it in warsong as alliance players by the same way
    Only a real advantage is twin peaks since alliance base is at the top

It's easy to break aswell
    One stun or root or even slow effect Break goblin gilder

Alliance got advantage because of double pvp trinket dps with bug amount of pvp power ( 7% pvp power for each prideful trinket which is 14% pvp power in tottal)
    Where horde are forcing to use medalist except these classes who has trinkets in their spell ready like monk and uh dk and beast mastery hunter

I say it's 50/50. My advice is to gear up fast from bg at horde
    Then switch to alliance for arena rating and rated bg
    Edited: August 6, 2016

7. Goblin gilder fixed at 5.4.8
    What? Where? https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/27778

I don't think goblin gilder is only for horde
    Where did I say it's only for horde?

It's easy to break aswell
    One stun or root or even slow effect Break goblin gilder
    I, as well as others, know how to break it, but it doesn't deny the fact that it's still an annoying and advantageous bug.

All my alliance chars are around 70/30 win/lose ratio (and before the premade fashion, it was even higher).

As I said before, the best way to check if what I'm telling is accurate or not it's creating chars on both factions and do a lot of bgs. (Ofc if you play almost only with premades (like some people which I've never seen without them), the personal ratio will change).
    Edited: August 6, 2016

8. It's for alliance too, you can also jump with it in warsong as alliance players by the same way
    Only a real advantage is twin peaks since alliance base is at the top
    Goblin gilder is still bugg in warmane, and alliance can't do it in warsong, because horde roof is gabled, and you can't walk over it, while the alliance has a great beam:

9. [QUOTE=Kron;2715622]What? Where? https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/27778

goblin gilder were working as parachute way. and it fixed by making you able to control it at 5.4.8 so u don't need speed buff before using it like in 5.1 patch at warmane. so thats the part i meant. not the fly with the flag :P

10. goblin gilder were working as parachute way. and it fixed by making you able to control it at 5.4.8 so u don't need speed buff before using it like in 5.1 patch at warmane. so thats the part i meant. not the fly with the flag :P
    I thought you were talking about that, but nobody is arguing that part, so what's the point?
    The point 7 has always been about the flag carry bug, and the advantage/disadvantage it generates in BGs.
    Edited: August 7, 2016

11. U can walk on both.
    You can't walk over the horde roof, I tried 10000 times.

12. These are not "facts" because these are only your observations and your experience. The only facts would be from a GM with actuall BG ratings for both factions in general. Also you can look at the 2v2 ladder if you think that is relevant for you (ie. some people don't play arenas).

1. Avg aliance pug > avg horde pug.
    Not true. From my experience horde pugs win more times against alliance pugs. But as I said before, this is only "my" experience not a fact.

2. No premade ownage => Less horde pug joining => Instant horde queue.
    In general horde has a lower player count and doesn't have that much serious pvp guilds. Also horde has more pve guilds or pve players. On any given day you can check the pvp vendors on both sides and you can see that there is always more alliance players on the vendors.

3. Aliance queue time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Horde queue time.
    True.

4. It's more common (or epic) for horde to revert the score than for aliance, although both cases are weird (this point is the only really debatable, but I'm talking from my own experience).
    I am not sure, I think this depends on the premades mostly. Also a common thing on horde is that some people who consider them selves "pro" players join solo and only do stupid mid pvp. After they see they are losing they blame it on everyone else and leave. Then if you are lucky a person who is an actuall pro player joins and that sometimes can turn the tide of a fight.

5. Horde have more guilds who do premades than aliance, so in aliance global you'll see more people asking for premade than in horde global.
    I am not sure if this is because horde guilds make more premades, but the alliance global is full of people asking for full geared premades and arena partners.

6. Difficulty to sync premades (ie, double premade) for aliance >>> Than for horde.
    Not sure how you do it. My guild makes a premade and then we count down on guild chat for anyone who wants to join. On "1" you pres join. It works 60-70% of the time. Also it works more in the evening hours (european time).

7. Thank to Goblin Glider flag carrier bug (since patch 5.1), horde benefit more than aliance. (Eventually, this point could change in future).
    As someone said - only on Twin Peaks. On Warsong alliance can walk to along the fence to the left of the upper entrance. There is a small hill peak just at the end of a fence. Most allance players I have seen use glider they jump from there. Maybe you don't get as far a horde, but it only a matter of a few feet.

If you don't believe any of the above points, create 1 char on each side and do a lot of bgs (like myself) and experience them by yourself.
    I agree with this 100%. Just to add - if your choice of faction is only based on who wins more pvp games than that is just sad. Grow a pair and play where you like, not by who wins more.

13. I agree with this 100%. Just to add - if your choice of faction is only based on who wins more pvp games than that is just sad. Grow a pair and play where you like, not by who wins more.
    I've always played alliance (And will never play horde), but my requirement to play in a realm is that alliance win most of the bgs. What is the point of playing to lose?

I see legitimate that people want to play in the winning faction.
    Edited: August 9, 2016

14. Was fun last year for me beating alliance in bgs almost everytime..BTw horde was my winning faction when i was active..Sorry haters..Plz dont cry when losing bgs because ure bad or not having right ppl..<3

12 Last