1. Mages in Arena

Looking at the Arena Ladder i noticed that there are just 1 or 2 mages in the top 30 Teams. Is there any reason why? because normally everyone says mage is THE pvp class.

2. maybe cus malaco removed double solace, who wants to play a nerfed already bad class rofl

3. It doesn't have anything to do with solace. It's just because, it takes an outstanding mage to compete with less outstanding casters of other classes.
    Theyre the most squishy class in the game and it takes coordination/communiation to setup kills (against good teams) and coordination/communication to stay alive (again, against good teams). In SQ this is hard. Other casters just outshines them and do more burst whenever needed. Also, they oom quite fast, but i don't think that's the main reason.

4. maybe cus malaco removed double solace, who wants to play a nerfed already bad class rofl
    Ye, solace is reson...

5. hello! mages are not played because there are no mage players left (doooh). that's the only reason. class is not appealing to new players because EVERYBODY praises it as the hardest class and all the bull**** the average player believes.

It's just because, it takes an outstanding mage to compete with less outstanding casters of other classes.
    Theyre the most squishy class in the game and it takes coordination/communiation to setup kills (against good teams) and coordination/communication to stay alive (again, against good teams). In SQ this is hard. Other casters just outshines them and do more burst whenever needed. Also, they oom quite fast, but i don't think that's the main reason.
    "its the most squishy class in the game" because every mage player plays it with 1000 resilience and 1000 haste. it worked when actually good mages played and knew how to deal with everything but since then everybody's copying this and fall even more deeper in the 'squishiest class' thing.

and besides Elemental Shamans who are the only God Tier class in Solo Queue, the other classes are on the same level as difficulty, only with Rogues sitting at the **** Tier SQ Classes :D

6. hello! mages are not played because there are no mage players left (doooh). that's the only reason. class is not appealing to new players because EVERYBODY praises it as the hardest class and all the bull**** the average player believes.

"its the most squishy class in the game" because every mage player plays it with 1000 resilience and 1000 haste. it worked when actually good mages played and knew how to deal with everything but since then everybody's copying this and fall even more deeper in the 'squishiest class' thing.

and besides Elemental Shamans who are the only God Tier class in Solo Queue, the other classes are on the same level as difficulty, only with Rogues sitting at the **** Tier SQ Classes :D
    I see your point, but the reason that they're the squishiest class, isn't because of that. It's because they are cloth and don't have anything through talents or abilities (other than ice barrier which is instantly dispelled) that reduce damage they take. Locks has SL and priests has either shadowform or disc-talents that reduce damage. Don't get me wrong, theyre still squishy, but mages are top squishiest class. - Rogues are as you mention, are also very squishy, again because they usually play so low resi.
    But the real reason that both are not represented as much in SQ, is because both have a high skill cap (and that isn't just something the avarage player believes, that's actually not completely wrong) and take coordination and high awareness to play.
    Going higher resi on mage or rogue, wouldn't change that fact.

7. maybe cus malaco removed double solace, who wants to play a nerfed already bad class rofl
    So the nerf hammer was not for paladins alone ! xD