1. Alright so after all what gear score you think is req. to play a battleground ?

2. This depends on class, spec and battleground type, I think. Like stealth class can hold flag in Arathi Basin, completely naked, most of the time, as people will usually just tag it and leave. I saw some 16k hp mages doing great cc and helping their team in team fights. Also saw 16k hp holy paladin and BiS warrior supporting greatly each other in WSG. 18k hp hunter burning enemy base in AV, and so on. That being said, I think that average player should aim for around 5k gs, not to impress teammates, or get their blessing, but to have fun.

3. I think the fundamental problem, that makes BGs so unbalanced and uncompetitive on Icecrown, is the crazy gear gap between newcomers and veterans.
    Bgs on Blackrock for example are much more challenging because teams are equally geared and one team isnt able to badly outgear the other team like it is always on Icecrown the case.

What we need is a cheap pvp starter pack which is acquirable through the vote and coin shop.
    A complete pvp starter pack consisting of deadly gladiator set, offset, jewellery and weapon for like 30 vote points or 23 coins.
    If everybody in Bgs had at least such a gear the experience would be much better.

4. What we need is a cheap pvp starter pack which is acquirable through the vote and coin shop.
    A complete pvp starter pack consisting of deadly gladiator set, offset, jewellery and weapon for like 30 vote points or 23 coins.
    If everybody in Bgs had at least such a gear the experience would be much better.
    People do not bother to buy AH blue pvp set.
    Do you really think they will waste honor on old pvp gear when they can slack more and buy really better gear aka furious set ?

5. Do you really think they will waste honor on old pvp gear when they can slack more and buy really better gear aka furious set ?
    What we need is a cheap pvp starter pack which is acquirable through the vote and coin shop.
    If such a starter set is very cheap i think that newcomers would definitely get it because its also frustrating for them to run naked around in a bg and get globaled.
    Edited: August 11, 2016

6. I totally ignored the shadow fury :D

I feel like you could do better on the edit part , as for the competition in BGs it's always been like this on Warmane / Molten since the very begining .

7. If such a starter set is very cheap i think that newcomers would definitely get it because its also frustrating for them to run naked around in a bg and get globaled.
    Im supporting your idea,but to be honest i dont think that it will help that much:
    1.To vote you need 1000 achivment points - there is no way for fresh 80 to have vote points to buy this starter pack when he reach max level.This is going to help only to people who are making 2nd,3d alt.....
    2.No1 will donate to buy items that he will replace after 1-3 weeks,when he can buy bis weapon or trinket.
    3.Many players will probably use this free starting pack in pve to increase gs.
    4.Pve players will want starter pack too.
    5.This isnt Blizzlike,witch isnt what Warmane is aiming for i guess.

8. Just let them gear up trought bgs if u dont like it well whatever myself tryed tested how much time u need to gear up trought bgs and combined with doing weekly wintergrasp quests ,boes.. So i started my first lock ever and started from heirlooms and after 1 week Full Wrathful of set, 4/5 furius with relentles shoulders, now time for arena ez bots + belt soon then voa (where im damn lucky) and its not hard at all just joining in premades and getting caryed well its sad yep. but as i say if u dont like u dont play? or dont care? idk
    Edited: August 12, 2016 Reason: and yea /played close to 2 days

9. What we need is a cheap pvp starter pack which is acquirable through the vote and coin shop.
    This would be a great idea! I feel that this could also help alleviate the eyesores of seeing people with green (or none) armor buying the item level 232 Furious Gladiator Weapons with their Vote Points instead of just buying a Battered Hilt (IL-251 BoE) or any better alternative. It could perhaps help out those who don't have a deeper grasp on the WotLK content - i.e. people who aren't grinding reputations while leveling for shoulder enchants and the like. Maybe set them up with a full set of mid-level gems/enchants or something, I honestly don't know how to get the point across about the importance of gems/enchants to the PvPers (and everyone, really). It's rather awkward watching someone with full Wrathful try to comment on someone's gear when they themselves don't have a single gem in their items.

OP: Nice video! I've definitely ran into you a few times in BGs, it's rather frustrating when potatoes decide to show up on our side half-naked and half-afk. It wouldn't be such a problem in my eyes if their was an effective system to kick the AFK members from the team, however there are individuals (I believe Lillith the rogue(?) is one) that are absolute cancer and join the battleground to not move one inch from the spawn. Not just one game, many...many games. Also, some players genuinely don't understand the objective of the game, no matter how simple it may be. For something the scale of AV I honestly don't have any suggestions on how to "coach" players to perform well. It's hard to tell them "no, don't go into the crowd of 39 others and stand there for 600 reinforcements, for the love of god I want to finish this and eat sometime tonight." Either I go to Stonehearth and cap it myself and hope nobody from their pile drags me in and CC's me, or I die 12 times over and over again right outside of spawn waiting for one side's reinforcements to waver.

Perhaps if there was a method of providing a sort of "bonus" honor for key points in Battlegrounds or something of the sort - maybe make a short internal cooldown to prevent abuse. Something such as capping a base in AB instantly awards 500 Honor with a 1 minute cooldown (could be vastly different) to prevent 2 people from standing and capping back to back for honor. Grabbing a Flag in WSG instantly nets 250 Honor, defending/assaulting a base in AV 500 Honor, etc. The whole gist behind it being to make players be active in battlegrounds and encourage teamwork for a common goal of winning. Note: This is just a random suggestion. I understand Warmane is Blizzlike and I am only trying to provide constructive thoughts on methods of alleviating the issues discussed here.

EDIT: HATE ROGUES TOO :)
    Edited: August 12, 2016 Reason: HATE ROGUES OMG

10. Im supporting your idea,but to be honest i dont think that it will help that much:
    1.To vote you need 1000 achivment points - there is no way for fresh 80 to have vote points to buy this starter pack when he reach max level.This is going to help only to people who are making 2nd,3d alt.....
    2.No1 will donate to buy items that he will replace after 1-3 weeks,when he can buy bis weapon or trinket.
    3.Many players will probably use this free starting pack in pve to increase gs.
    4.Pve players will want starter pack too.
    5.This isnt Blizzlike,witch isnt what Warmane is aiming for i guess.
    1. True that. I forgot about the minimum achievments to be able to vote.
    Maybe the vote shop should be reworked in a way that only a certain character level is required to be able to vote on the acc.
    2. If the starter pack is cheap enough then ppl will donate for it. If it cost only 10 coins then a new player could make the minimum donation to be able to skip the queue and get the starter pack for the coins.
    3. They would definitely use it in pve but the question is if thats a bad thing. Deadly gladi gear is quite low and for pve purpose the gear from pos/fos is already better.
    4. Pve players could also get a starter gear of item level 213 at max.
    5. Well, it actually isnt against the blizzlike concept since u would accquire the starter pack from the coin and vote shop and not from a ingame custom Npc.

11. Just let them gear up trought bgs if u dont like it well whatever myself tryed tested how much time u need to gear up trought bgs and combined with doing weekly wintergrasp quests ,boes.. So i started my first lock ever and started from heirlooms and after 1 week Full Wrathful of set, 4/5 furius with relentles shoulders, now time for arena ez bots + belt soon then voa (where im damn lucky) and its not hard at all just joining in premades and getting caryed well its sad yep. but as i say if u dont like u dont play? or dont care? idk
    So it took you one week to gear by being carried in pvp. OMFG. in 2 days by doing fos - pos - toc you reach 5k gs. After those 2 days you can actually help your team not just be a one spit kill carried person. And 1 week cos you got lucky both in bgs with some of your teams being geared and in voa. In a lot of days, some bgs are 90% made out of under 3k gs people. Good luck getting gear in a week with a team like that. If you had at least 5k gs from dungeons, you could help your team and you would win more bgs.

But hey ... being carried is way better than actually doing something right ?

12. Yea ofc its better.. and now its time for arena

13. So yeah, I think i need to vent a bit here too.

I started to play on Warmane about 1 1/2 weeks ago and i was just completely flashed. I loved nearly everything about wotlk, and as a PvP player it felt like coming home. I was super happy and dedicated until I entered my first battleground.

Now listen. I even took the advice a lot of people gave me and qued my first battleground when i allrdy had 4,5 k gs. Thats still complete **** tbh, but at least i could so some form of damage.

Problem is, that i cant farm PvP gear because i basically never win a BG. Ever. I know there are a lot of threads of this kind like "Alliance/Horde never wins" but I can just tell what I have experienced these last 3 days. I qued about 30-40 Bgs and I've won 3. All 3 wins were made in Alterac Valley where Horde somehow seems to perform well. The other BG's on the other hand are a complete utter mess. Horde doesnt even put up a fight, most of the BG's we get all graveyard camped after the first 2 minutes till it is all over.

What I especially observed is that Alliance mostly had groups with complete BiS Gear. Premades most likely I know, but i literally cant understand the reason why 10 full wrathful BiS players are farming low-mediocore geared people in BG's.

Well I can say im still in love with this server, simply because i love WotLK. But the gearing up process as a PvP player is hell on earth. I was allrdy planning on lvling alts and gearing them up, but i think i rather drink bleach than losing one thousand bgs in a row again.

14. No clue why but when ever i am in bg`s (and i am in like 10-12 bg`s daily) usually horde wins.
    I do not really think that one side is better or worse... its just about luck and premades and how good all work together. (and about how many afk`s you have *lol*)

15. i dont want to add anything constructive to this wow pvp meme topic i just wanna say i would delete it just because you used some keemstar bull**** at the start

First 123 Last