1. Best and fun rogue PVP spec for 5.4.8?

Hello guys,

What do you concider to be the best and fun to play PVP spec for rogue in patch 5.4.8?

And what is the best spec to start with in BGs with crap gear? Do rogues benefit from PVE trinkets in PVP atm?

I have noticed that after releasing of patch 5.4.8 there is a lot of combat rogues around.
    Is it because combat is easy spec to play and nub friendly or is it because combat is just better than subtlety in this patch?
    I have tried combat spec while leveling but it seems to be bit boring and also somewhat slow to regen combo points.
    Thanks!

2. in pvp all rogues are good, in pve you can play only combat on this server and its one of the best dps classes atm

3. Hello guys,

What do you concider to be the best and fun to play PVP spec for rogue in patch 5.4.8?

And what is the best spec to start with in BGs with crap gear? Do rogues benefit from PVE trinkets in PVP atm?

I have noticed that after releasing of patch 5.4.8 there is a lot of combat rogues around.
    Is it because combat is easy spec to play and nub friendly or is it because combat is just better than subtlety in this patch?
    I have tried combat spec while leveling but it seems to be bit boring and also somewhat slow to regen combo points.
    Thanks!
    Generally, here is how rogue specs work in MoP:

1. Assassination - The most commonly used spec amongst rogues; relies on poisons heavily, it's main damage source is a DoT (Damage Over Time) rather than a direct attack, which makes it pretty easy to play (as you can freely run around stunning people and dodging bullets while your target dies slowly). It is also the least gear dependant spec of the 3, so it should be your go-to as a starter rogue. I recommend it for all kinds of PvP until you get high end gear (then switch).

2. Combat - A very commonly used spec amongst rogues now (especially on here) because it is insanely easy to play (yes, even easier than assassination); you have 2 real bursts, outside of that you are a sitting duck. Your main burst is a one-button press, which is great if you're a new(er) player, but because of it's simplicity, it can be countered by good players. Combat has the best kill potential of all 3 specs (unless you are very skilled as a rogue, then subtlety has the upper hand), and when your cooldowns are ready, a kill is guaranteed. However, you won't be able to rack up more than one kill every couple of minutes, which is the biggest disadvantage a combat rogue has. This spec rellies heavily on stuns and avoiding fights until you are ready to strike with your cooldowns; Great spec for BGs to counter flag carriers (honestly no other spec can kill a flagger as nicely as you can), tends to have a problem with Hunters ocasionally though, or other classes with pets / minions, because Killing Spree (your main ability) sometimes bugs on the pet. I recommend this spec for trolling / fun plays and for world PvP (cause of the one shot one kill potential), but not for endgame arena or serious BGs when you have high iLvL. Abit more gear reliant than assassination, but still a lot less than subtlety.

3. Subtlety - Ahh, good old subtlety. This is the spec where gear matters, skill matters, positioning matters. By far the hardest of the 3 specs to play properly, but don't be afraid to pick it up. You can learn it easily, but it is just more situational. If you master this spec, you'll be nothing less than a menace on the battlefield; you can kill anything and anywho easily as a subtlety rogue, if you know when to strike and how to strike. It is the most gear dependant spec of the 3, so do not pick it up until you're 525+ iLvL imho. You need daggers for it; one shot kills are a possibility on top gear levels. Also the most annoying spec of the 3 to play against if you ask me, cause it is so versatile. I recommend subtlety for everything, but get good gear first and learn the ways of the rogue. A poorly played subtlety rogue is exactly what a druid in travel form is: a darn kitten.

I hope I helped, if you have more questions, do ask. :)

Kind regards

4. Hello guys,

Thanks!
    There were more combat rogues after the patch because the spec was broken before. Sub will still be the best spec in PvP but is indeed harder.

5. Sub definitely, like guys before me said , it has a more steep learning curve. But if you stick to it you will be a lot better off with it.

6. If you swant bg with starting gear, then i suggest playing sub. Your goal is just to harras, cc, create chaos, and reset to win objective based bg such like arathi basin, gilneas, etc. With Shadow dance on 1 min cooldown and shadowstep/cloak and dagger you can garrote/cheap multiple enemies. Once you got better gear you can switch to assassionation/combat if you didnt like sub playstyle. Assassination offer more pressure and easier gameplay compared to sub/combat, while combat with red bandit guile, trink proc, on use trink and 8 sec kidney damage can make u smile :)

7. I don't know about what's better when gearing, but in high rated 2vs2 combat is the way to go!! The 8sec stun just destroys you, and it's a death sentence if you don't have trinket... Sub is also good but it never gave me troubles as the combat did!! For Bg's I guess Sub is more fun and better to play than Combat and Assassination, but I think you should try them all, and see what best suits you!!
    Assassination is the easiest of them all, in my prespective, and the reason I say that is: Sub has a good burst potencial but requires a lot of practice and skill for a good dmg and cc output, combat is about micro management (Get Red Buff with your trinket proc, Full Stun the target and Killing Spree) and if it sounds simple, it isnt agasint good players that will try to shut you down (but as Anqel said it has a simple rotation). I guess Assassination is about get constant pressure and get a burst with your vendetta, but it doesnt has the cc of the Sub spec nor the Burst potencial of the Combat spec... Good Games!!