1. Returning player, lvl 80?

Hey guys it's been awhile since I played, few years.
    I came back and saw some characters merged on icecrown a bunch of them lvl 80 no gear and 3k gold.
    So what do I do with such a character to progress?
    It's been so long that I forgot dungeons actual nicks like FoS and PoS for the most part thou I'll get back into it probs.
    Any suggestions what to do cuz now I'm just floating lol would feel bad to join a rdf normal with no gear as well,
    checked AH not much I can buy to increase my gs at all lol ... help?

2. Start questing and getting your rep up, then buy some of their gear. Do some normal Northrend dungs to get some gear as well.

3. As Ramkec get some basic gear, also run some IceCrown Citadel reputation farm runs, in which kill whole trash before 1st boss. From the Ashen Verdict reputation you'll get there you can get BiS (for most specs) ring + some boe which may or may not be good for you depends on your class. Then farm Forge of Souls and Pit of Saron which are instances where you get thru another entrance in Icecrown Ctiadel building. Farm emblems there, get as much gear from emblems as possible (you can also change triumph emblems to all emblems but frost, so can buy gear from those vendors as well (like belt)). If you like gold farming, you can farm some gold and also get some high-end gear from auction house. Then you can go Trial of the Crusader, get all gear you need from that instance's 10/25m modes and finally IceCrown Citadel boss runs (normals ofc). Tho you might have some trouble with ICC as people dislike taking pugs w/o achievements from ICC, so you might need your guild to carry you at first.