1. Unholy Tank

Hello,
    is it viable? I havent seen any posts about tanking with Unholy. Looks great for AOE, but has less survival CDS.

For example this build:

2. http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0xZhgZcghI00bxcztduIqo

For Glyphs you want Ghoul, Disease and the third is optional, it can be AMS, Deathstrike or DnD.

This is the tanking spec I used on retail back in the day. Unholy tanking was prob the most fun experience I had in PvE.

3. @op
    It is viable.

@dreddman
    You're offering really bad advice. The two mandatory glyphs that unholy has are Go Bone Shield and Go Dark Command with GoDC being mandatory for all dk specs since it frees up a lot of item slots that would've otherwise been items with hit. The third glyph is optional with candidates being:

Go:
    Disease, AMS, Deathstrike, DnD, Ghoul

4. @op
    It is viable.

@dreddman
    You're offering really bad advice. The two mandatory glyphs that unholy has are Go Bone Shield and Go Dark Command with GoDC being mandatory for all dk specs since it frees up a lot of item slots that would've otherwise been items with hit. The third glyph is optional with candidates being:

Go:
    Disease, AMS, Deathstrike, DnD, Ghoul
    What's the really bad advice? That I forgot about Bone Shield Glyph? Are you autistic? You told him to use the exact same glyphs that I suggested as well... so what are you talking about?!?! If anyone's offering bad advice is you, Glyph of Dark Command? God damn you're dumb.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there's a reason that I forgot about Bone Shield glyph. It's forgettable because it's not that good. A combination of Ghoul, Disease and AMS is best.

I don't know how everyone else uses Bone Shield but I only use it when I know the boss is gonna hit me harder than usual, it's a flat 20% dmg reduction on demand. 1 extra bone means nothing because by the time your 3 bones expire your healers are already focus healing you.
    Edited: August 16, 2016

5. Alright, I won't even bother wasting my breath trying to counter you. Anyone reading can judge for themselves.

6. [ .. ] If anyone's offering bad advice is you, Glyph of Dark Command? God damn you're dumb.

[ .. ].
    :^]
    I wonder how many raid and guild leaders will kick you for wiping the raid

7. :^]
    I wonder how many raid and guild leaders will kick you for wiping the raid
    0 raid and guild leaders. I did PvE for SM back on retail. I wiped the raid exactly 0 times. But go on, tell me more oh private server elitist.

8. You must not have OTd at the LK then

9. OP, that spec is most certainly viable. As long as you pick the main tanking talents from the tree in which you wish to go down, mostly everything is viable.

I prefer to go further down the Blood tree for some extra cooldowns and health. I do not claim to be an expert, but I like the spec and I enjoy it. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. Here is my spec: http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0ER...cgGh00bgsuz0uM

Alternatively, if you prefer an Unholy spec coupled with Frost, you can go with this: http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0tZ...cgGh00bgsuz0uM

Glyphs: I suggest going Dark Command and Bone Shield as a must. The third is personal preference. You can use DnD, Runestrike or Death Strike. For heroics, I will be using DnD.

10. dreddman
    Maybe you could give us, private server peasants, some more information?
    Why is AMS good, name some situations in raid where those extra secs help?
    Why wont tank use glyph of Dark Command, if without it taunt spell WILL miss sometimes, that is a fact?
    Why Glyph of the Ghoul is good for tanking?

We all here like to understand things, that's why we are here, so help autistic dumbos out.

11. 0 raid and guild leaders. I did PvE for SM back on retail. I wiped the raid exactly 0 times. But go on, tell me more oh private server elitist.
    You should probably wake up, this isn't retail, this isn't the same, your knowledge is about as useful as training wheels.

12. @op
    It is viable.
    I'm glad for the approval, because http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/talents
    (The op's screen is probably a screen of my armory. http://imgur.com/a/sXqPm )

My glyphs are funky at the moment, though, due to the frequency at which I switch specs (between dps and tank) and haven't given any ****s to updating my glyphs.
    Hello,
    is it viable? I havent seen any posts about tanking with Unholy. Looks great for AOE, but has less survival CDS.
    I guess I can write one since people have been asking about the spec.
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0xZhgZcghI00bxcztduIqo

For Glyphs you want Ghoul, Disease and the third is optional, it can be AMS, Deathstrike or DnD.

This is the tanking spec I used on retail back in the day. Unholy tanking was prob the most fun experience I had in PvE.
    Imp. Unholy Presence and Ghoul Frenzy? Why?
    What's the really bad advice? That I forgot about Bone Shield Glyph? Are you autistic? You told him to use the exact same glyphs that I suggested as well... so what are you talking about?!?! If anyone's offering bad advice is you, Glyph of Dark Command? God damn you're dumb.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there's a reason that I forgot about Bone Shield glyph. It's forgettable because it's not that good. A combination of Ghoul, Disease and AMS is best.

I don't know how everyone else uses Bone Shield but I only use it when I know the boss is gonna hit me harder than usual, it's a flat 20% dmg reduction on demand. 1 extra bone means nothing because by the time your 3 bones expire your healers are already focus healing you.
    kek
    0 raid and guild leaders. I did PvE for SM back on retail. I wiped the raid exactly 0 times. But go on, tell me more oh private server elitist.
    You're so rude. If you know what you're talking about, why don't you tell us why you made the choices you made, instead of saying "used this on retail, therefore it is better than anything anyone here has to say", hmm?
    You're either here to help people, or you're here to flex your ****. You can't have both, now make up your mind.