1. ¿What happened here?

Today something happend when I was doing my daily HC FoS.

I've been looking for the scorpion trinket that Is dropped by The Devourer of Souls since more than a week ago and today It was dropped, and I was so excited because I was the only one who really really need that trinket and obviusly I rolled for need, surprisingly for me, the tank -who have so much gear than me- roll need too and she won It, I kindly try to speak with him to see If he could trade It to me and he just stayed "AFK", after I leaved dungeon she relogged, I wrote her again and she told me that she doesnt loot the trinket, I told her that I took an screenshot, Lhale still saying that she doesnt have It.

I dont know what to do, Its not fair I think. ¿Its that legal? I have the screenshot, but I dont know how to post It.

Please submit your comments about the experience that I had.

Server - Icecrown.

2. there's no rule against rolling and winning item you want but someone else needs so your best bet would be to keep farming

3. To give them the benefit of the doubt, perhaps they were full on inventory space and are kicking themselves for missing that item - however after they ignore you beyond several methods of communication I'm sure it feels like it's adding insult to injury. It's a shame, but sometimes people go out of their way to screw others for the laughs around here.

Pics related: http://imgur.com/a/11mJx

While leveling my Warlock a while ago, I came across a Hunter who was waiting for a common group quest monster to respawn. We joined a group, and patiently waited to kill the monster together - it's a quest item drop, whether there are 1 or 5 in the group everyone will receive the item. While waiting, an elemental shaman showed up and was invited. He joined the party and immediately exited, refusing to communicate in any method. Soon after, a level 80 fully geared paladin showed up and begins spamming Consecration on the spawn location of the monster. I could only spam Rain of Fire so much before running out of Health via Life Tap, and the Hunter was trying to communicate and group up with them, as they are of the same faction. Needless to say, we clearly lost out on this battle. A regular white hit from a level 80 fully geared ret paladin does more than any of us could muster in any rotation at our current level, and we were unable to "tag" the monster.

As Islingr said, your best bet is to keep farming. There's no rule against being a douche as a player provided you aren't breaking any rules - on retail there was a Hunter on my server that would camp the Spectral Beasts (particularly Loque'nahak in Sholazar Basin) and would wait until a member of the opposite faction went to tame it and kill the player, or wait until someone of his own faction would come to tame it and kill the beast. Some people just want to see the world burn, eh? There's definitely worse out there, however I am very glad to see the consistent "BANNED FOR NINJA" going through chat. If you're a Priest taking a new pair of Plate shoulders from your Warrior tank because "I need abyss crystals for enchanting stfu kid" then I trust that you won't be here very long, or at the very least will be promptly removed from the group and will have an incredibly difficult time finding others.

Also, if you seek vengeance, I would highly recommend making a toon on the opposite faction or transferring one of your already strong toons over there and camp them. Being able to open multiple clients to track someone is a gem often overlooked by the run-of-the-mill trolls and you can essentially force someone to play from inside Stormwind/Orgrimmar or Dalaran, unable to leave. If you truly feel they screwed over a lot of your gaming experience and time, I would highly recommend returning the favor for as long as you feel necessary. Literally force them to not be able to play World of Warcraft, and if they message you feel free to send them the screenshot of when they screwed you over to remind them. Kill every flight master they try to get out with, if they are successful in getting close DoT them so they die in the air. Pick up engineering and kill people in Storm Peaks with your parachute and force them to spirit rez or use unstuck on the site (30 minute cooldown). Ruin every aspect of the game for these players that you feel necessary and are able to without violating Terms of Service. Hell make them quit entirely; who cares - they obviously don't care about you. Don't go around making level 19's to whisper people to kill themselves or to uninstall, as it's quite tacky honestly (and I assume would get some form of punishment at some point). Allow your character to do the talking, and kill their level 19's in town on a Rogue and Vanish away...over and over again. Just remember it's only a game, and what happens in the game isn't always a representation of who that person is in real life. You can kill them in-game, but you can't kill them in real life, as people don't resurrect (report spirit healer afk pls). That's the joy of a PvP server in my eyes, I prefer the swift and deadly vengeance nowadays vice the 8 hours of chatting back and forth with someone. It's much easier to reply with your abilities, as there are far less keystrokes required for me to kill someone's character than type a message out explaining why I am in dislike of their actions. Bonus points for every additional character they bring to try and stop you - add them to the list and keep on killing - Free HKs, anyone?

4. this is exactly why i made a thread on how we as a community can avoid such things from happening
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=337010

there's no rule against rolling and winning item you want but someone else needs so your best bet would be to keep farming
    and this type of response is just sad, its shows just how ppl allready given up, trying to do the right thing and just farm away and hoping for the best

if a character can need whatever he/she can wears that means a Paladin can Need on "almost everything" he/she wants be it Mail, Cloth, leather, 1 hand weapon, 2 handed, shield, any type of trinket and rings ( dps heal tank)

in my opinion : if a Player enters a group with a certain Role (this is Role Playing game i believe?) they should only roll Need for gear approriate to their Role.
    Imagine this scneario a player joins a group with his Paladin and he enters the group/dungeon as a Tank.

after the boss is dead it dropped an Epic Necklace with this stat :
    - 51 stamina
    - 51 intellect
    - increase spell power by 78
    - improves haste rating by 34
    - restores 25 mana per 5 sec

the Healer is wearing Green Necklace and this is his 5th run of the dungeon and praying for that Epic Necklace to finally drop, and it did !
    but alas the Tank also click need and won the roll
    the Tank simply says "i need that for my Holy Spec"
    the group disband leaving the Healer with a bitter taste of this game, feeling hes cheated of all his effort re-doing the dungeon

now i know some of you would argue
    "well its the game mechanic, if the game didnt allow it, he cant even click need"
    but heres the thing
    in vanilla up to TBC i think, every class can click need on whatever stuff they want, cloth, mail, leather, etc
    There are NO limitation based on what ure class can wear
    u can read more about those here : http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Need_Before_Greed
    and WOTLK onward they changed the Looting rule a bit, so we can only click Need on stuff we can actually wear
    but this changes is not enough (in my humble opinion) they shouldve apply a secondary filter if were going to Need for our Off Spec (this is just an idea from me)
    so judging from this changes Blizzard does care about Loot Rules regarding ppl taking stuff they cant even wear, but they also have problem if all the group Main Spec do not need the said item, rather than let the item wasted the member of the group who need it for Off Spec can also roll on it and blizzard decides to let the community handles this "Secondary Need" aspect, thus the term Ninja is born
    u can also read about Ninja here : http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Loot_ninja

and to help the community with this kind of problem please visit my thread :
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=337010
    and share your experience and opinion there

5. Is it considered ninja if the guy that needs the drop, for example, is a tank-plate and the item is for DPS-plates? Of course the case would be that there is a DPS-plate needing it too.

6. Is it considered ninja if the guy that needs the drop, for example, is a tank-plate and the item is for DPS-plates? Of course the case would be that there is a DPS-plate needing it too.
    i agree, if there are nobody else in the group wearing plates example group ( Pala tank, mage, hunter, rogue, priest heal ) then yes, all the Plate drop belongs to the Pala tank since nobody else can use it.

this is why im promoting Karma addon
    with this addon the community can keep tab of ppl with bad behavior how do we do this ?
    simple, when u meet someone with bad behavior (rude, ninja racist etc) u simply give a rating to him/her inside your addon and maybe some notes as to why u give such score.
    and the addon will takes care of the rest, everyone using the same addon (and joined the same channel) will receive that person's rating.
    Edited: August 15, 2016

7. From my perspective you should do fos hc again with guild or with friends.

8. From my perspective you should do fos hc again with guild or with friends.
    what youre saying is 1 way to increase the likelihood of getting the item
    i agree that one of many ways to increase your chance to get the item is to go look for a more trusted group of ppl such as Guildies, and re-try the dungeon
    but in my perspective, the main problem is not the
    How to get the item
    but the
    Why do ppl behave like that, is it acceptable ?

ive met a lot of Ninja and i asked them why did they ninja the stuff, the majority simply did not understand and just copying behavior from other player, some just dont give a **** (usually they are also victim of being ninjaed in the past and simply say : Fuk it, i dont care anymore ill just take whatever i want) and a small number of the true NInja, they enjoy and relish griefing other ppl (also known as internet troll) they deliberately took stuff to grief ppl and get attention, this is the group that i want to avoid no matter what.

to answer is it acceptable or not, i do believe it is not acceptable, why ?
    1. Blizzard history of handling this matter
    2. Warmane / Molten policy regarding Raid NInja

but the problem is, the system in place cannot deal with every little incidence in 5 man dungeon, thats why the community as a whole should actively prevent this, that is why im promoting this Karma Addon

9. I thought ninja in dungeons is bannable as well, 5days or so

10. Ninja Looting is banable for a couple of days. Other than that, I would farm FoS over and over. That's what I do :)
    Let me know if you want to run it sometime, add Jerzex