1. Love it when people think they know everything and get shot the **** down. Sweet justice.

2. Havanaclub why dont u go back in hellfire penisula and gank those lvl 60 twinks on ur lvl 80 rog. Ty bb.

3. Havanaclub why dont u go back in hellfire penisula and gank those lvl 60 twinks on ur lvl 80 rog. Ty bb.
    There are noobs alive ? I thought i've raped all.

4. I see no good reason to allow it. Couple weeks ago, Horde had WG. Ally was attacking and had walls down with 20 minutes to spare. Multi-botter parked himself at the end and took out siege after siege after siege - Ally lost.

And all of these botters are automated. What's the difference between that and having a fishing bot? Nothing. The guy behind the curtain isn't controlling each toon individually, which is what multi-boxing is, or should be. The second you target, half the toons will heal automatically, the other half will dps you. I had 7 flame shocks going on me the other night just flying over the cauldron in WG.

Nah, I don't care what they do in pve, but pvp, I'd rather play against skilled players. I'd even rather LOSE against skilled players than sit an play against Mr. Roboto.
    Oh god here we go again. They're most certainly not automated btw otherwise they wouldn't all be chained together. The difference is, if they weren't chained they'd be wrecking havoic in BGs like EoTS and AB by capping all the bases simultaneously instead of moving from base to base. If they were automated the anti-cheat (despite its flaws) would've banned them a long time ago.

I'll just re-post the same reply I made in a thread on the PVP section of the forums.

Have you tried going around the multiboxers or avoiding them? You can apply counter zerg tactics to make the multiboxer's life harder (or more boring).

Biggest drawback to multiboxing is they're stuck in one place and have to move together.

People who complain about multiboxers are like people who complain about ending up in the hospital after playing in the traffic.
    If you know you're about to run into a meat grinder, turn around? Go around? Bring friends? Fear bomb? Knock backs? Hello? Is there a brain up there? Don't just willingly walk / run into your death then complain about getting killed.
    Edited: September 13, 2016

5. LOL, you are a multiboxer aren't you?

There was a reason that multiboxing with keyclone wasn't allowed on retail.

On the other hand, I'd hate to see them banned. Just imagine the feeling of inadequacy of a boxer, the same feel those slightly slower kids display when they play chess against computer and replace peons with queens. it's absolutely delicious to see them. The effort, the inevitable despair when they get lolraped by someone with more bots.

As for the traffic analogy, that was so beyond stupid. Still funny.
    If it was up to me, I'd keep them in game.

6. You join a bg with 17k hp and you complain about a multiboxer ... priceless. A warlock's imp can kill you lol. A multiboxer should be the least of your worries.

Let me remake and improve your post :

Nowadays battlegrounds on Icecrown
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    17k hp people
    I was literally going to say the exact same thing lol. 17K in PVP, that should not be your priority. Gear. Gear should be your priority lol.

7. LOL, you are a multiboxer aren't you?
    No actually I'm not a multiboxer but I'm not a complete potato when it comes to computers, programs, and the kind of effort it would take to set up multiboxing. Addionally, I also consider what some of the annoyances would be in having to control so many damn characters at once while also balancing system resource usage (although a headless client solves this problem).

I'm glad you found it amusing. At least you understand the point, it's supposed to be stupid. Hence my rant about the people who come here to complain about it who haven't even bothered to consider the effort it takes to not only setup but the disadvantages that come from having so many characters linked together :)

Edit: Adding in here that if people spent more time coming up with anti-multiboxer tactics that exploited the disadvantages of it people might be less inclined to multibox in the first place.
    Edited: September 26, 2016

8. LOL, you are a multiboxer aren't you?

There was a reason that multiboxing with keyclone wasn't allowed on retail.

On the other hand, I'd hate to see them banned. Just imagine the feeling of inadequacy of a boxer, the same feel those slightly slower kids display when they play chess against computer and replace peons with queens. it's absolutely delicious to see them. The effort, the inevitable despair when they get lolraped by someone with more bots.

If it was up to me, I'd keep them in game.
    Keyclone, ISBoxer, AHK were always allowed on retail and are to this very day. The only thing ever changed on retail in regards to multiboxing was actually a side effect of Blizzard disabling the follow command in battlegrounds for a specific wave of bots that would just follow random people and heal themselves or something to avoid the anti-afk mechanism. I believe that was during the MoP expansion.

Software for multiboxing is more similar to the drivers for your keyboard than they would ever been to some sort of automation scripting.
    Edited: September 27, 2016

9. lmfao yeahhhhh, i don't exactly remember boxing of this level ever since i started playing in 2014. this is recent (the last few months or so). how bout someone deals with it by flay hacking or speed hacking since that is basically just as an unbalanced, and unfair tactic as multi boxing with 15 ele shamans, and 15 resto druids.
    True...this a very recent thing, all of the horde baddies are multiboxing now because they are raging that they can't win anything.

10. True...this a very recent thing, all of the horde baddies are multiboxing now because they are raging that they can't win anything.
    I am not sure who or if anyone else are older players here. But I have been multiboxing here since 2011. On the old Lordaeron Server (pre-moltdown) and then this server since I came back, just because I didn't want to risk investing time into leveling and gearing so many characters again (by the fives) at x1 rate. Although, since I mainly enjoyed PVE and my teams now are mostly PVP oriented and geared, I am thinking of possibly going back to Lordaeron or the Cata server for a bit to spice things up again.
    Edited: September 27, 2016

11. all of the horde baddies are multiboxing now because they are raging that they can't win anything.
    Multiboxing has gotten more common and rage has turned to laughter as a new generation of raging has transpired on the forums. Complaining on the forums isn't going to change it and all the salty tears is exactly what makes multiboxing so satisfying even if it does have its boring moments.

It's also not that recent, I've seen multiboxers since I first started playing here back in 2012 before the project changed names.

12. That said, retail has how many servers, how many players? Likely you will rarely encounter a multi-boxer in retail - even at that, people are pissed about it. Warmane has a few servers and limited players.
    I played retail from vanilla to cata and I don't ever recall running into a multi boxer. I didn't even know that was a thing until I started playing on Warmane. I say give them their own server and let them have their tiny d*** measuring contests there.

13. I played retail from vanilla to cata and I don't ever recall running into a multi boxer. I didn't even know that was a thing until I started playing on Warmane. I say give them their own server and let them have their tiny d*** measuring contests there.
    Same. Played from beta 2004 to 2011 continuously, I don't ever recall seeing a multiboxer - and I've been almost exclusively PvPing.
    Surely in some scenarios multiboxers are at a disadvantage as they can only be in 1 spot, which is a weakness, they are stupidly annoying to fight against nonetheless.

And to all those who say it's not automation, please explain to me how you call something that performs N actions upon a click - yes, even a macro is automation, but that's an integral part of the game and *officially* supported.

Anyone with a brain realises that allowing 1 guy alone to lock down a capital city is quite ******ed - especially in a server where you can buy BIS gear - and the only reason for which it's not prohibited is $$$.

So yes, it's allowed here; keep multiboxing as much as you want, but please don't come up with such stupid excuses to defend a hobby that most people find nothing but pathetic.

And no, time / money invested and the difficulty of multiboxing (which I certainly respect since automation is my RL job) do not jusitify it - the same arguments could be made for activities that are notoriously complicated yet illegal (money laundering, complex robberies etc).

14. And to all those who say it's not automation, please explain to me how you call something that performs N actions upon a click - yes, even a macro is automation, but that's an integral part of the game and *officially* supported.
    Just some of the tons and tons of quotes from discussions and explanations over the years in regards to multiboxing for you.

IS MULTIBOXING BOTTING (Automated Game Play)?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Botting and Multiboxing are two different things. Botting is the act of automating various functions of game play, to such an extent that little to no human interaction is required to progress in the game. Multiboxing doesn't inherently automate game play, and human interaction is required at all times whilst multiboxing. It is entirely possible for a botter to write a script or program to automated multiboxed characters, but this is no different to how they would do this for a single character. The IMPORTANT thing to note is that multiboxing is NOT inherently automated, in the same way you playing a single character is not inherently automated.

Personal Note: Those that argue multiboxing should be banned because it can be automated should also be arguing for single character play to be banned because it can be automated. Logic fail.
    IS MULTIBOXING HACKING?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Multiboxing does not inherently involve accessing or editing the game's code base outside of normal boundaries, and as such is not hacking. Hacking is the act of going into the game's code base, and manipulating it in a way that would not normally be possible. This can involve altering the game clients behaviour, or editing the packets of information the client sends to the server, to achieve "unspecified" aims. Common hacks include: map hacks (where the full map is displayed before physical discovery) or speed hacks (where the players moves at a faster speed than would otherwise be possible.
    Semantics issue #3:
    Does multiboxing give a player an in-game advantage?
    “Yes–and so does grouping.”
    Therefore, can multiboxing be considered an exploit?
    “No. We consider it be an alternative playstyle; not everyone can do it, but if a person is willing to devote the concentration and capital to such a venture–legitimately–we’re perfectly fine with it. Five multiboxed accounts can be feared and CCed just like five solo accounts.

-Belfaire, Blizzard Poster
    “Here’s the thing though. That multiboxer queues, and waits, just as a 5-man arena team would (to use an example). They take up the same queue time, and the same number of slots on the opposing team. There is nothing to differentiate them from one of the very common groups of ‘pre-made’ players, aside from slightly more effective focus fire, and less strategic flexibility in dealing with threats, much greater vulnerability to crowd control and that being ‘split’ by resurrection is devastating.

The less organized battle ground participants you describe will typically have a much harder time facing that arena team or pre-made than they would a multi-boxer.

Aside from which, occasionally running up against more organized opposition is simply a fact of the battlegrounds. Just as is facing more skilled or more well equipped foes. Factually, while we do our best to structure the queuing system such that players will meet equivalent opponents, there are limitations on that system if we still want to keep the queues at a reasonable length. As a result, sometimes a team will run up against a ‘superior’ opponent (please note the quotes), and have a greater challenge, whether in the form of a pre-made group, multi-boxer, or merely highly skilled or knowledgeable opponents.

Simply because an opponent is ‘superior’ does not mean that a ‘pug’ team isn’t able to adapt and overcome. Having a pre-made group or a multi-boxer doesn’t even necessarily mean that a given battleground team truly is superior. There are a great many variables to take into account.”

Malkorix, Blizzard Poster
    The main reason more people have been complaining recently about the same thing people have complained about for years on retail and here, is that there happen to be a few large scale (larger number of toons) multiboxers present in our community now. It has mostly if not completely been complaints from Alliance, because these large-scale boxers are mostly on the Horde side.

If there were a couple of large-scale boxers that came to the Alliance side, you would most likely see the same types of posts from some Horde players.

The main reason you see most of the Multiboxers that PVP being on Horde side here is one simple factor. Queue times
    Edited: September 29, 2016

15. multiboxers /clap
    4 ppl on WG nice fun and thx i cant go to wg cose you played

First 1234 Last