1. Don't wish to be overpowered :P.
    You are playig 30 windows in the game where you are supposed to be 1 window.
    You are gathering class wich has highest potential as boxer - shaman.
    You have donated for bis gear avaliable and you got best eoe healing class - druids.
    And you tell to some1 to not wish to be overpovered ?

I bet if miracle happens and alliance will que as 30 man premades so farm u on daily basis, you will increase your autism to 60 windows.
    Yeah, thats because you do not want to be overpowered, mr challenger.

2. i have played as single unit enough to claim that its not hard to wipe boxer with comunication. the last time i wiped a boxer, with 10 man premade in AV and other totally randoms who were informed to just simply attack. all you need is a couple of priests that do mindsear, a shaman, who doesint get buthurt and goes balls deep to thunderstom shaman, ofcource, a prota warr for sutn, and like 2 balance druids with typhoon/hurricane and starfall.
    I have not started boxing without knowing what the class itself is capable of. i chose this comp becouse i love playing shamans, and druids are just OP at raid healing, tho it could be replaced with Resto shaman or disc, but i like to keep things simplyer.

If i turned out to make a melee class, the outcome wuld be almost the same, you cant really kill a multiboxer without preparation.

Who said wow is supposed to be played with 1 window? if u got an interview with blizz dev's, post it here :o
    Edited: August 27, 2016

3. Who said wow is supposed to be played with 1 window? if u got an interview with blizz dev's, post it here :o
    Because at the time WoW was made, people would even struggle to run a single client. This in addition to no suitable software left the choice at 1 client. Nowadays hardware has been updated, but the policies did not. And since retail multiboxers pay for each of their accounts, Blizzard is willing to take a little bad publicity for the bigger profits.
    The only issue is when free realms just simply rely on Blizzard's policy. But in terms of multiboxing, retail and free servers are 2 completely different environments. Retail multiboxers pay for their fun with a lot of money and resources. Free multiboxers pay for their fun with the mischief of others, as the only thing they need to invest into, is sufficient hardware.
    And might I remind you that I am not talking about a simple group of 5 clients? I mean, even as Rogue I could CC more than half of the group via sap, CS, Gouge, Blind, etc.
    But the thought of one kid being allowed to run around with 20x manpower, free of charge and at the cost of other people's nerves, just seems wrong.

You want a quote why Blizzard allowed multiple clients?
    Spoiler: Show
    The decision to allow multiboxing has much to do with a person's ability to be registered to multiple accounts. If we did not allow it, you would only be able to have one World of Warcraft account, ever. That would cause a number of complications that we sometimes still see today, due to a misunderstanding of our policies, but the issue would be exacerbated greatly if we were to limit things to a single license per user.
    Once the determination was made the allow a person to have multiple WoW licenses registered to a single Battle.net or even multiple licenses under the same name, how many becomes entirely irrelevant.

Two, ten or thirty, or more, the rules still apply. As long as the person registered to the account is the one in direct control of those characters, it is not against our policies to do so.

Vrakthris – Support Forum Agent 6/29/2012

4. Sorry, but i was referring to my side and my team of mbx. which im sick of playing AV for 2 h + and on the end lose. thanks you "mr boxar" i would rather lose a AV within 20 mins and get some killing blows or gank some gnomes then play for 2 h or afk for 2 h losing bg.

5. In my 5 years of playing WoW, 90% of time I spend on my 80 lvl chars are bgs, total over 500k HK easy, and I have seen multiboxers only like 4 or 5 times. Each time it was amusing and fun to watch, and I just can't get it how there can be so much hate from some people.

6. Each time it was amusing and fun to watch, and I just can't get it how there can be so much hate from some people.
    Because they lost against a boxer and now their pride is wounded.
    Nearly all boxer play on horde side and 99℅ of the haters here are allys.
    As long as the multiboxer is low geared and a noob there is not a single ally player complaining but when the boxer gets stronger the drama begins.
    Edited: August 28, 2016

7. Blizzard is willing to take a little bad publicity for the bigger profits.
    The only issue is when free realms just simply rely on Blizzard's policy. But in terms of multiboxing, retail and free servers are 2 completely different environments. Retail multiboxers pay for their fun with a lot of money and resources. Free multiboxers pay for their fun with the mischief of others, as the only thing they need to invest into, is sufficient hardware.
    Multiboxer on Warmane need to donate on all their accounts in order to skip the queue.
    In case of a 25 boxer thats already 250 euro.
    Additional there are many multiboxer here that buy gear for each char, some of them even donate for a complete BiS geared team.
    One multiboxer gives Warmane significant more money than the average single boxer, thats for sure.

Also this whole argumentation is invalid because single boxer can also play here for free if they want to. Following ur logic all non premium normal player have also no right to play here.
    Edited: August 28, 2016

8. Multiboxer on Warmane need to donate on all their accounts in order to skip the queue.
    In case of a 25 boxer thats already 250 euro.
    Additional there are many multiboxer here that buy gear for each char, some of them even donate for a complete BiS geared team.
    One multiboxer gives Warmane significant more money than the average single boxer, thats for sure.

Also this whole argumentation is invalid because single boxer can also play here for free if they want to. Following ur logic all non premium normal player have also no right to play here.
    You realize that those are all optional BENEFITS, not requirements??? Also 25 clients aren't going to have to wait that much longer than a single client, since you queue at the same time. And donating for gear is also just to skip a lot of time you'd need to invest otherwise, which anyone else with money can do. I'm not here to complain about Donators since I don't care and they contribute to the server.

Where did I contest the fact that any normal player can't play here for free? What I meant with that argument was that on Blizzard, there's another restriction aside from hardware. On Blizzard, multiboxing 20 clients will cost a lot in the long run. And I doubt a majority of multiboxers will invest so much just to secure more manpower for themselves. On free servers, multiboxers are only limited by how many clients they can run with their PC. There's nothing else that could discourage someone from hooking up 25 clients for a few months and then proceed to waltz through SW (since basically all multiboxers are Horde lol) based on one person's effort. Don't even try to compare it to "anyone could just create a raid group and be much more effective in a town-raid". With the Queue times and 25 individual possible rooms for error, creating a raid requires a lot more effort than just starting up a program and basing everything on one person.

9. (...) since retail multiboxers pay for each of their accounts, Blizzard is willing to take a little bad publicity for the bigger profits.
    The oldest of the old arguments against multiboxing. Let me ask you, if it was for the money only, why would blizzard ban gather bots, but allow multiboxing when you have to pay for bot accounts, too? Gather bots do not farm people at quest hubs and 'ruin' bgs for the oppposite team. Gather bots might worsen the economy, but same can be said about multiboxers. Still, gathers bots are not allowed while multiboxing is. I doubt money plays any role in this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against boxing more than 5 toons (although I'm multiboxing on frostwolf myself, but with a normal amount of toons) as it's just spamming one button to eradicate everything in a radius of x yards. But saying 'blizz allows it cuz money' smells like a big chunk of bullsh*t to me.

10. The oldest of the old arguments against multiboxing. Let me ask you, if it was for the money only, why would blizzard ban gather bots, but allow multiboxing when you have to pay for bot accounts, too? Gather bots do not farm people at quest hubs and 'ruin' bgs for the oppposite team. Gather bots might worsen the economy, but same can be said about multiboxers. Still, gathers bots are not allowed while multiboxing is. I doubt money plays any role in this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against boxing more than 5 toons (although I'm multiboxing on frostwolf myself, but with a normal amount of toons) as it's just spamming one button to eradicate everything in a radius of x yards. But saying 'blizz allows it cuz money' smells like a big chunk of bullsh*t to me.
    It's more because of the quote I posted under it. They mainly don't ban multiboxers because they can't draw a clear line on what could be considered a legitimate reason to use multiple licenses at the same time, so they just allowed it in general.

I'm not ret*rded pls, I know exactly what reaction I would receive if I were to spout things like "omg donators are p2w" "omg multiboxing is cheating" "omg people with better gear are unfair" "omg blizzard is money hungry and doesnt care anymore"

11. All my accounts for example have 14-25 usd donation minus the 2 which one has roughly 80 usd and first main has 2700 usd.
    Do the math how much more i spent then average donator :P

I got 7 accounts.

12. Anyone ever considered multiboxing more than 25 characters?
    So we got the industry standard 20 shaman 5 druid 25 man mbox raid.
    Let's not add more firepower to the raid as the dps is fine but raidwide buffs would be nice, some more thoughness is often what is needed when under heavy AoE.
    Let's say we add another 4 paladins for buffs,aura's and whatnot, one hunter for aspect of the pack and flare (kek).
    Now the last 10 spots belong to "shadow"priests, they spam mind sear and holy nova for nice raidwide heals (looks very pretty too btw)
    The great thing when running a 40 man raid is that you don't have to deal with randoms when doing 40 man BGs, this way you can keep everything under your control (no randoms killing themself on purpose to lose/afkr's getting farmed at the GY)

Who has the hardware to give this a try?

13. Anyone ever considered multiboxing more than 25 characters?
    So we got the industry standard 20 shaman 5 druid 25 man mbox raid.
    Let's not add more firepower to the raid as the dps is fine but raidwide buffs would be nice, some more thoughness is often what is needed when under heavy AoE.
    Let's say we add another 4 paladins for buffs,aura's and whatnot, one hunter for aspect of the pack and flare (kek).
    Now the last 10 spots belong to "shadow"priests, they spam mind sear and holy nova for nice raidwide heals (looks very pretty too btw)
    The great thing when running a 40 man raid is that you don't have to deal with randoms when doing 40 man BGs, this way you can keep everything under your control (no randoms killing themself on purpose to lose/afkr's getting farmed at the GY)

Who has the hardware to give this a try?
    Today I ordered parts for a dual xeon build to 40 box.
    Already have 20 shams and 10 rdudu's, will add 3 pala's, some priests and a mage.

14. Today I ordered parts for a dual xeon build to 40 box.
    Already have 20 shams and 10 rdudu's, will add 3 pala's, some priests and a mage.
    40 box on a single system?

15. I feel like some people forget, or didn't even bother to read what I disclaimed in the very first post.
    This is not a f*cking threat to your hobby or something. No one in this thread is going to take away your ability to multibox, so please, for the love of whatever, stop acting like an immature kid. I'm not calling names, since it's fairly obvious who joined this thread to just point fingers and laugh, without giving any meaningful contribution to the discussion.
    I'll say it again for the slow or ignorant people: This is not about a reasonable 5 man client. This IS about cases of excessive multiboxing, and as such arguments should stay related to this specific branch. I'm tired of seeing the same people just mocking in the same way over and over in this thread, like "lol multiboxrs are the nubscrushers kek" "just another whiny b*tch who got 000wned" "u know nothing about the game m8" "multiboxers are ez u just suck" "if u cant beat them, join them ez". I wish I had mod rights just for this thread, so I could filter out empty banter and instead promote contribution like Monkey's.
    This is a Subforum around the CONCEPT of multiboxing. This ISN'T a place to worship the act of multiboxing and condem any "whining loser" who dares speaking out against it.

The last 3 replies (excluding mine duh) are not even trying to be in any way related, but instead disrespectfully try to tear down the thread with pointless banter.

First ... 2345 Last