1. Mass entanglement best for resto/boomie bgs

I spent most of my Frostwolf time doing bgs on my 90 resto druids (Laithea, Khiren and Raylenn), so I've been able to pick up some tips that work well in bgs.

One of the biggest is using the Mass Entanglement talent, which is ridiculously overpowered if you learn how to use it to its full potential. I see a lot of resto druids and boomkins using typhoon, but I think AB is the only bg where you could even make a case for that being the better choice, because of LM knockoffs and also being able to stop flag caps with typhoon. Other than AB, I don't think the choice is even close. It's probably best for feral as well, but I haven't put much thought into using it as feral so I won't discuss it.

For one thing, latency messes up typhoon a lot on Warmane, and the slow typhoon puts on the targets is removed by a ton of abilities (e.g. rogue burst of speed, ww monk roll because of their pvp glove bonus) in MoP. Roots, by contrast, are more powerful. A warrior can spell reflect roots and a rogue can cloak them, but those are significant cds, and once they've been used you can just use nature's grasp confident that they won't have cd for it. Of course, with warriors, you shouldn't use mass entanglement if they have spell reflect up in the first place- just watch out for it.

To understand the power of Mass Entanglement, you need to understand two things: 1. you don't have to be facing the target to use it and 2. You can use it in shapeshift form. That means that you can use a displacer beast-mass entanglement combo and root the targets chasing after you with a very high degree of confidence. I use this combo all the time and it works incredibly well. I will also often use it in bear form after I go bear and engineering rocket belt away (using my shift macro to remove any roots or snares). It's fun being able to jet away in bear form while rooting enemies at the same time.

I think the best way to use mass entanglement is with focus macros. First you need to make a macro to focus- I use a simple /focus @mouseover macro that I can use for focusing either friend or enemies. Then I use macros that do different things depending on whether I have a friend or enemy focused. A good example is this macro:

/tar focus
    /cast [harm] Mass Entanglement
    /cast [help] Rejuvenation

That one macro lets you use a single keybind to either root or rejuv depending on whether you've focused a friend or enemy. When I'm healing bgs, I probably focus both friends and enemies 30 times a bgs- it's just second nature.

One other thing that makes mass entanglement fun is using the Mik's scrolling battle text addon (or some other addon) to alert you when your mass entanglement has successfully rooted a target. I'm generally not looking at my focus target when I use it, so this is very helpful to know that it has worked. I just have the addon flash "mass entanglement" in big letters when my focus has been rooted.

Because of this addon, I can say with confidence that the displacer beast-mass entanglement has a very high rate of success- probably 90% or better. And once you get used to focusing targets and make the right macros, it's extremely easy to use. And extremely fun as well- I wouldn't play with any other talent.

Just a tip for fellow druids.
    Edited: August 17, 2016

2. while you make a fair point do remember that talents are entirely personal preference . during mop boomies where using both typhoon and faerie swarm . typhoon can cancel a cast and faerie swarm is great vs melee comps :D couple that with the ursols vortex and i rarely see me picking entanglement :o but as i said. personal preff ^^

3. Yeah, I'm sure it depends on what and when you need to use the abilities for. As mentioned in my post, this is about bgs, not arena, and I find myself getting focused all the time in bgs.

Faerie swarm would do very little to help me with that because it just provides a slow and those are kind of laughed off by so many classes in MoP. For example, burst of speed and roll both removes slows and the rogue and monk were planning on using those anyway. And typhoon requires you to be facing your target and only goes so far.

I played with typhoon for a really long time, but I don't recall frustrating enemies with it that often. Now I can almost sense the frustration as entire groups of opponents chasing me are mass rooted from 30 yards away without me even having to turn to look at them.

4. Yeah, I'm sure it depends on what and when you need to use the abilities for. As mentioned in my post, this is about bgs, not arena, and I find myself getting focused all the time in bgs.

Faerie swarm would do very little to help me with that because it just provides a slow and those are kind of laughed off by so many classes in MoP. For example, burst of speed and roll both removes slows and the rogue and monk were planning on using those anyway. And typhoon requires you to be facing your target and only goes so far.

I played with typhoon for a really long time, but I don't recall frustrating enemies with it that often. Now I can almost sense the frustration as entire groups of opponents chasing me are mass rooted from 30 yards away without me even having to turn to look at them.
    thats quite true c:

5. This is an interesting point of view for Balance druids, i used Typhoon since 2 expansions ago. but i was always intrigued by Mass Entanglement, it is a move Malfurion used Lorewise many times. But there are other options for rooting like Natures grasp, if glyphed it has a mere 15 sec cool down, making ME useless, not to mention you have the option of Force of nature granting you 3 instant roots with light cooldown, but you sacrifice Burst with incarnation ... there are so many rooting option on druids that make the talent less appealing.

The way i see it is, you need to change talents, and glyphs depending on your main rooting choice, it is useless to have 3 rooting moves combined with glyphs,talents,abilities.