1. Raiding climate

I am leveling a prot warrior at the moment and I was looking at some raiding guilds to join. Can anyone tell me if good guilds do previous tiers. I know ulduar is released right now and Trial of the Crusader is coming but are guilds still doing Naxx regularly or are they doing the newest tiers only?

2. Well Alliance side things arent looking that good, at least at the moment, there are possibly a couple of guilds doing naxx regurarly still, but a lot of pve raiding guilds have transfered to the horde side on the last few weeks. To answer your question more specificaly with the release of ToC hc dungeons will drop Emblems of Conquest (Ulduar emblems) so catching up to the current tier will be much easier than it is right now for a new player to get into ulduar from scratch. So you ll probably be able to skip naxxramas altogether and hop in to ulduar/toc once fully geared from emblems of conquest.

3. That's kind of sad. I never get why people skip good content for emblem grinding.

4. I don't get it either. I can understand why some people want ToC to be released - because some guilds have cleared everything from uld. But I don't actually want it, myself, because my guild hasn't downed Yogg yet.
    I wish this server did it like (this other popular wotlk server that I won't name because I already got banned for publicity once), allow players to enter raids only after getting the complete kill achievement from the last tier raid (like needing Fall of Naxxramas to ender Ulduar). If this was a thing, and emblems stayed like they are now (1 valor 2 conquest dailies would become 1 conquest 2 triumph) then I wouldn't have a reason to fear ToC's release because it wouldn't necessarily mean finishing the rest of uld with next tier op gear.
    In any case like imlerith said, alliance doesn't look good right now. A couple guilds have switched to horde side, and it seems like horde has many, many more players (sometimes when you sit at stone searching for a tank, you can to witness a dozen horde groups passing by and entering heroics). I'm still not entirely sure how or why that happened.
    There still are a bunch of guilds that are forming up and starting naxx on either side, so it's not negative. You'll just have to look a bit harder on alliance side, that's all.

5. What really happened when it comes to PvE faction balance is preety simple. The horde side already had a slightly bigger population by default and a couple more PvE raiding guilds, ontop of having the best guild in the server which atm is Memories. Although in the previous months this didn't really matter because with a server pop of 10-12k you could recruit many new players and fill your roster in your guild be it alliance or horde, this changed a lot in the recent months/weeks with the servers pop droppping drastically. What this means is that the alliance's guilds started struggling a bit when it came to recruiting new raiders and keeping a stable roster, so they took the easy shortcut of trasfering to horde to either merge or join top guilds like memories or simply play on the more (at least for pve) populated side.
    This ofcourse ruined the faction balance leaving the alliance with fewer raiding guilds, so at least at the moment things look a bit tough but still not extremely bad on the Alliance side.

6. allow players to enter raids only after getting the complete kill achievement from the last tier raid (like needing Fall of Naxxramas to ender Ulduar). If this was a thing, and emblems stayed like they are now
    The realm you are talking about is a total blizzlike realm w/o buffed bosses and easy encounters. So it doesn't really matters there to have those achievements. You should not be comparing that realm at all with lordaeron.

@topic well elitism is not a problem at all, but sometimes it will annoy you like hell in case you fail to produce RNG due to some valid reasons even.
    If you try to change your spec a bit to test out something and by any means you come across being inspected by a newly turned elite, he will make jokes on you, taunt you for doing that even 1 talent point wrong.
    Edited: August 22, 2016

7. That actually happened to me. I was just strolling around with my Gnome DK with my def capped tank gear with Blood Spec that I set up on my own. Just as I stepped inside the Ironforge Auction House, some paladin that I don't know or see whispered 'You have wrong spec' and I just replied 'What?'. Thankfully I was met with silence, but yeah.

I mean I'm well aware that Frost tanking is more favorable, but I couldn't keep aggro well on Frost spec, and that changes as soon as I specced Blood. My decision was obvious.

I guess now I know why Blizzard simplifies talent in Cataclysm. You just can't customize a bit without being criticized

8. That actually happened to me. I was just strolling around with my Gnome DK with my def capped tank gear with Blood Spec that I set up on my own. Just as I stepped inside the Ironforge Auction House, some paladin that I don't know or see whispered 'You have wrong spec' and I just replied 'What?'. Thankfully I was met with silence, but yeah.

I mean I'm well aware that Frost tanking is more favorable, but I couldn't keep aggro well on Frost spec, and that changes as soon as I specced Blood. My decision was obvious.

I guess now I know why Blizzard simplifies talent in Cataclysm. You just can't customize a bit without being criticized
    Other peoples criticisms don't mean jack, aslong as the talents work for you. You can't expect everybody to understand, most people just google "best death knight talent tree" and copy that, and assume it's the best; reality is, that information could be outdated, the person that wrote that way back when or whenever could have poor understanding.

Just do whatever works for you and ignore everybody else. Cataclysm was a disaster.

9. That actually happened to me. I was just strolling around with my Gnome DK with my def capped tank gear with Blood Spec that I set up on my own. Just as I stepped inside the Ironforge Auction House, some paladin that I don't know or see whispered 'You have wrong spec' and I just replied 'What?'. Thankfully I was met with silence, but yeah.

in my case it was 'Arcane Barrage' which i took only to test out shooting traps and trees faster while moving for freya hard mode xD

10. I guess now I know why Blizzard simplifies talent in Cataclysm. You just can't customize a bit without being criticized
    The game has been simplified over the years because new players would not be able to learn the game in order to play it. Have you ever changed schools or missed the first days of the course or something similar? Everyone understands the mathematics that they were practicing the last 3 days. You have to learn all that information and terms and formulas instantly, because they won't stop "playing" just so that you start doing the mathematics at the same speed and without questions.

The game has always been a good game, the thing is that you will always compare it to the earlies expansion that you originally played. I think that most people think that Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King are the best expansions, some people say Vanilla was perfect, but in these 2 expansions they introduced a lot of different things that made the game more exciting, a little more challanging, complex, etcetera, and every player would be able to learn it, because everyone had been playing for a couple of years.

The game was basic, then it was possible to make it more complex and players would learn it without a lot of trouble and start playing confortably. After Wrath of the Lich King, if someone wanted to start playing he would need to learn everything that everyone already knew by memory plus the new content.

That is why movies, series, relationships, music groups or singers and games or books or whatever you could think would look like a parabola if you graph it. The thing starts, it gets better, it gets to the top, then it starts to be boring, or bad, or it starts to not function or whatever. The second or third movie could be very good, may be better than the first one, and we all know that after 3 movies it's just nonsense, series too, after 5 seasons, singers need to die of a drug overdose or being killed by their lovers in order to live forever as a legend, otherwise they would look old and not cool like Madonna, Marilyn Manson, Snoop Dogg. That's why we idolize the artists that died, because we weren't able to see them become less, if Madonna had died long time ago she would be like Marilyn Monroe, and if Amy Winehouse had not died she would be a homeless crazy person.

Retail will die in a few years, they already did the first movie and launched Overwatch, they will make another WoW movie or make WoW for consoles or like not online version like Skyrim, do another Overwatch and WoW will die.

At that point Warmane will have VR PvP realm and I will be homeless yelling in the streets that I was Rank 1, Multiglad.

11. Greetings. Alliance raiding is a bit of a disappointment right now. One of the top guilds on the faction, just moved over to the horde, and depending on what time you play, depends on how hard its going to be for you find a guild.

As it is right now during peak, its a bit of a struggle to find Naxx guilds. Off peak, they're almost non existant. Pushing my guild into building another group for Naxx to try and fix that, but its slow going.

12. The realm you are talking about is a total blizzlike realm w/o buffed bosses and easy encounters. So it doesn't really matters there to have those achievements. You should not be comparing that realm at all with lordaeron.
    Of course I should, why shouldn't I ? Where do you think World of Warcraft comes from ? It was at release a big melting pot of the best mmo's of that time, they took the best concepts from various mmo's and added those to the game, and that's what contributed to making WoW so great. It is human behavior to learn by imitating, and inspiration is often how great ideas are conceived. Not every idea from everything else should be used for your own project of course, I'm just saying every idea should be considered. Comparing is how you improve.