1. I've played this game since it existed and no, on retail the hackers and bots are banned pretty fast and I can honestly say I've never seen one on there. Yes there are occasionally bugs on retail, but they get them fixed pretty fast too.
    I don't know in what world you live in but allow me to break your bubble;

Bots, Hackers and Bugs also exist on Retail and sometimes they fail to recognize those same flaws.. I assume that you don't play Retail in such an active matter otherwise you wouldn't try to state something like that; The timings on the fixing and bans are probably higher since they have a HUGE team working 24/7 to please the community under those aspects and try to compare such a status quo to a private server is just... Ridiculous. This is completely irrelevant to the thread as it is though so I'll leave my thought roaming around this lines.

Seems like it has been intentional from the start.
    I claimed a week ago, as a Mathematician and Accountant, that these moves will INFLATE the server drastically.
    The developers cover their will for making money with "It's the best for the community".
    Not that I'm against business, but I don't like this dishonest move. People play Icecrown because they don't have time or don't want to spend time on progression. If they did, they'd have played Lordaeron.
    Therefore, I can come to a single conclusion - dev's want people to buy more Coins to spend.

New players can't progress - they won't start.
    Veteran players will get enough of the game - they'll quit.
    No fresh blood, no old blood - Server will be forsaken. Good luck.
    I'm sorry but I'm going to touch your ego here: As a fellow accountant, your post made me laugh as well. Let me take you to a quick economy class for dummies so everyone can understand;

If your currency is about to be squished that means that the markets will need to adapt themselves to the new circumstances and reflexes of that start to happen;

• New perspectives of market open up; New materials, recipes and pieces of raw product (gear) will be listed and chased for.

• The gold flux needs to open even more and players will start to open up their gold wallets in order to make the market work again.

• Inflaction might be a reality in the first week but the inflaction will also be broke by herself since the currency can't keep up with such inflaction - This directly translates to an instant drop of market values and that also means that gold will flow naturally after the initial shock and desbelief of the market users.

• Increasing the grinding system also declares a clear opening for more people to grind for more materials and calibrate the market values properly according to the grindings - This doesn't directly translates to a proper market value but that's because most of the people using the AH don't know how to apply their prices and currencies.

• The most crucial point and that people fail to recognize; Even with the gold squish happening, the chance of investment still exists. If you know that a product will be crushed why would you keep it with you? Distributing your investment in a proper way around the multiple items of choice and applying a smart value strategy around the AH will not affect your gold sustain AT ALL.

This are a few examples that you learn in a simple economic class however I start to believe that most of the people sitting in this thread either skipped or still didn't have them. The initial shock will always happen but it won't take long until the gold rates come back to normal. The new players will embrace the reality as it should be in the first place and the veteran players will actually have something new to do while being a casual (if that's the case). Declaring the death of a server because of this specific change doesn't seem something that a true "Mathematician" and accountant would do since you would also think about the income that the server will generate through this.

2. I claimed a week ago, as a Mathematician and Accountant, that these moves will INFLATE the server drastically.
    Did you also calculate that after a % squish that the gold still holds the same value? Technically inflation is the result of increased values because there's too much currency in circulation.

The developers cover their will for making money with "It's the best for the community".
    News flash: it wasn't the developers who decided to make this change for Icecrown.

Not that I'm against business, but I don't like this dishonest move. People play Icecrown because they don't have time or don't want to spend time on progression. If they did, they'd have played Lordaeron.
    How is squishing gold to reduce the current inflation (which resulted from merging 2 wrath servers into one, and the Christmas event) considered dishonest?

Therefore, I can come to a single conclusion - dev's want people to buy more Coins to spend.
    Why would dev's want people to buy more coins? Most of them don't even play the game, let alone get involved in the donation aspect of the project. The project has bigger causes for concern if they want to try and increase the donations they receive.

New players can't progress - they won't start.
    Sure the can, the ones who care will take up gathering professions to make money. AH prices will eventually level out once people realize that players can't afford to buy at the old prices.

Veteran players will get enough of the game - they'll quit.
    Most veteran players who quit don't quit because of gold or the economy. Again, AH prices will eventually level out, or they'll use alts with gathering professions to supply themselves in market prices stabilize.

No fresh blood, no old blood - Server will be forsaken. Good luck.
    That's a matter of opinion. New people join the server everyday, it's all but a Google search away and could be anyone from people who are tired of playing on other private servers, are bored of retail, or want to relive the wrath experience again.

3. I claimed a week ago, as a Mathematician and Accountant, that these moves will INFLATE the server drastically.
    Breaking news: That happened a month ago.

4. What i've actually witnesed is warmane taking over and trying to make a living over this game, god damn it.. let us enjoy it too.
    Fact.

Still going on 2 months now that lag has made game unplayable. But lets reduce gold rates and rep rates, thats more important for a dying server.

I do hope that when the lag issue is fixed, its pasted across the front page news like all the other mindless changes that are shared.

Like, 1 or 2 more lag spikes or toxic encounters with players or dumbass changes and im gone. Enjoy the donations you whelps.

5. long time since i dont see any news of frostwolf, besides the rate reduces(FACEPALM) still dont get it the point of that reduces on a realm that barely can reach 2k of population with no "classic" or "new" content, we are going facing mid of october and so far no news of that, lets hope staff do something before mop finally go down more than now with the population on that realm

6. From the best wotlk server to the worst. Molten-wow was the real deal. 20x ragnaros, high profession rates, gold rates, high population tho the population still strong. The marketplace was so nice... we could buy a lot of mounts and not pricey. A bunch of useful items like bags, gems, etc. I really miss those 3 wotlk realms with 4500 people and 1000+ of queu :C. Whatever you guys try to improve will never be the same as before. Not to mention the lost of our precious characters. Leveling now i'ts hard, and It's not about being lazy. This is a PRIVATE server people play on them to make their life easier not harder.

A few weeks ago after like 2-3 months of voting because I rarely vote (ridiculously expensive items not worth it). Finally reached 29 vp I bought the phylactery of names less lich but accidentally sent it to the wrong character. I opened a ticket just to get a stupid response from a gm that they don't work those type of cases wth... Something so easy to transfer a damn item to another character a gm can do that in one second but nah they don't care. I know many people feel like me about what warmane has become. Also I can't begin to understand why the heck you guys want the rates lowered even more. 3x = 1x basically. Just go and play in lordareon or retail. Sorry for my bad English. Wish I could express myself better.

7. From the best wotlk server to the worst. Molten-wow was the real deal. 20x ragnaros, high profession rates, gold rates, high population tho the population still strong. The marketplace was so nice... we could buy a lot of mounts and not pricey. A bunch of useful items like bags, gems, etc. I really miss those 3 wotlk realms with 4500 people and 1000+ of queu :C. Whatever you guys try to improve will never be the same as before. Not to mention the lost of our precious characters. Leveling now i'ts hard, and It's not about being lazy. This is a PRIVATE server people play on them to make their life easier not harder.

A few weeks ago after like 2-3 months of voting because I rarely vote (ridiculously expensive items not worth it). Finally reached 29 vp I bought the phylactery of names less lich but accidentally sent it to the wrong character. I opened a ticket just to get a stupid response from a gm that they don't work those type of cases wth... Something so easy to transfer a damn item to another character a gm can do that in one second but nah they don't care. I know many people feel like me about what warmane has become. Also I can't begin to understand why the heck you guys want the rates lowered even more. 3x = 1x basically. Just go and play in lordareon or retail. Sorry for my bad English. Wish I could express myself better.
    Nostalgia... In a lot of ways, it's better now (TONS of bugs fixed...). In other ways, such as marketplace, it used to be better, but that's it.
    Not sure whether rate reduction was required, but so far it hasn't affected me in any way. Not sure... guess ppl like me who already have all professions at 450 don't care :P

8. I barely make enough questing to buy skills and such (Lordaeron) and I like the challenge, but damn - half my non-existent wallet gone? Ouch lol. Oh wait, I only have silver so I should be good lol.

9. Final warning has been posted on the web.

On January 1 all gold that exists within our economy will be halved as per the announcement here.

10. Gold squish has been completed.

Character gold
    Guild gold
    Mail gold
    Website trading gold

First ... 3111213