1. Changes to the realms' rates and gold squish to maintain healthy economy

Greetings Warmane community,

After long brainstorming sessions and internal review of the current realms' state we have come to a few conclusions that we would like to share with you. Feedback, as always, is very much welcome and appreciated and will always be put in consideration. The changes mostly reflect the economy on the realms, current state of realms' rates and the future realms hold.

On October 1, 2016 we will be reducing some of the realm rates to further accommodate the concept of blizz-like and improve overall players' enjoyment. The changes will be mainly affecting profession skill ups, reputation rates and weapon skill ups whilst the gold rate will remain increased to be in sync with the players' progress due to higher experience rates.

The realms that will be affected are Icecrown, Neltharion and Frostwolf and the rates that will be set are the following:

• Experience: x7
    • Gold rate from x7 to x3
    • Weapon skills from x5 to x3
    • Profession rate from x5 to x3
    • Reputation rate from x7 to x3

To further improve the economies on our realms, as previously announced in the Lordaeron information thread, based on community suggestions and wishes we noted introducing a gold squish mechanic to maintain competitive auction house pricing and a healthy realm economy over the long term, as Warmane does not introduce gold into the economy through any means.

With that information, we have concluded that all realms will receive a gold squish of 50% on January 1, 2017 giving players plenty of time to use up their reserves before we commence the first gold squish.

What this means is every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved.

Kind regards
    Warmane
    Edited: October 8, 2016 Reason: Added the new updated rates.

2. This thread has been cleaned up. We have taken in consideration all the suggestions and feedback from the community. The changes affecting rates that will be on Icecrown, Frostwolf and Neltharion are the following:

• Experience: x7
    • Gold rate from x7 to x3
    • Weapon skills from x5 to x3
    • Profession rate from x5 to x3
    • Reputation rate from x7 to x3

To also reiterate, a lot of the work in the past month went into touching up reputations on Frostwolf and Neltharion and this work will continue in order to make them more enjoyable. Thank you for your understanding and feedback.

3. Thats great! thanks for listening to us :)
    I farmed rep like crazy for the past month , from 3 exalteds to 43.. it was all just a waste of time now :P

4. Sounds good to me, glad that you listened to the feedback
    Thanks a lot! :)

5. Glad to see you took the constructive feedback from the player base, good and bad, and met half way with this decision. Shows many of us that you guys do listen, and take our thoughts and ideas into account. Now... onto the topic of Proterean's Kharazan dance party... ;)

6. haha, i love how people are happy about this.
    say you will make rates x1, then say that rates will be only cut in half aka 3x

people not mad anymore and still get screwd on a thing nobody in icecrown realm wants, gg, wp, plebs catching on hook nicely.

7. I mean, it still sucks but it's better than before. That's something, I guess.

8. yea and thats how they trick you into thinking "its not so bad overall" while its still bad and nobody wants changed rates.

9. haha, i love how people are happy about this.
    say you will make rates x1, then say that rates will be only cut in half aka 3x

people not mad anymore and still get screwd on a thing nobody in icecrown realm wants, gg, wp, plebs catching on hook nicely.
    There is probably a name for this type of manipulation, and it makes you wonder if this was the intent all along...

10. We go on as planned: "WARMNANE DUN LISTAN TO US1!!"
    We listen and tweak our plans, reaching a compromise: "Ah-ha, I just received confirmation from outer space that this was a trick all along!" *tips tinfoil hat*

Seriously, where's a meteor when you need it...

11. We go on as planned: "WARMNANE DUN LISTAN TO US1!!"
    We listen and tweak our plans, reaching a compromise: "Ah-ha, I just received confirmation from outer space that this was a trick all along!" *tips tinfoil hat*

Seriously, where's a meteor when you need it...
    Because it's almost impossible to believe that x1 prof and rep was ever actually going to be implemented. Unless ofc the staff was purposely trying to kill their own server. Nevermind the existing players that have raced to lvl up profs, but any POTENTIAL players looking for a server would pass Warmane up in a second when they see NO realms with a higher than x1 prof and rep rate. The staff HAD to know this...

12. Good news everyone!
    Not really good news tbh, just the really bad news is now slightly less bad. Warmane still doesn't actually care about what the populations on that server want. Nothing has changed they're just trying to save face.

13. Not really good news tbh, just the really bad news is now slightly less bad. Warmane still doesn't actually care about what the populations on that server want. Nothing has changed they're just trying to save face.
    Saving face? That's really not something we're interested in. It would not be the first time we've done something that isn't popular. It would not be the first time people have behaved in an inappropriate manner over such a thing. If we didn't care, we wouldn't have bothered changing the plans in the first place. This is not an excuse for you to post inappropriately, and I'd appreciate it if you ceased doing so.

12311 ... Last