• Experience: x7
    • Gold rate from x7 to x3
    • Weapon skills from x5 to x3
    • Profession rate from x5 to x3
    • Reputation rate from x7 to x3

Profs & reps are currently x1 rate, is that a mistake or intended change ???

1. Profs & reps are currently x1 rate, is that a mistake or intended change ???
    Not intended change, the correct rates are now in effect and working. We just had to reload a few tables to make sure everything goes through.

2. This thread has been cleaned up. We have taken in consideration all the suggestions and feedback from the community. The changes affecting rates that will be on Icecrown, Frostwolf and Neltharion are the following:

• Experience: x7
    • Gold rate from x7 to x3
    • Weapon skills from x5 to x3
    • Profession rate from x5 to x3
    • Reputation rate from x7 to x3

To also reiterate, a lot of the work in the past month went into touching up reputations on Frostwolf and Neltharion and this work will continue in order to make them more enjoyable. Thank you for your understanding and feedback.
    So you modify your original nerf plans supposedly after listening to the community feedback, and yet today the nerf has finally happened and what do we find? 1x rates....
    There is no explanation, no information anywhere, you just decided to make it all 1x anyways? Why do you lie to us warmane? Why are you trying to kill your own server? I didnt come here to play on a 1x realm, I've done that in the past and I was ready to enjoy something else, something a bit more relaxed.
    If you're going to break your own promise atleast give us an explanation, there is a serious lack of information on this server...

3. there is a serious lack of information on this server...
    There's a serious lack of reading the exact post above your reply.

4. That reply wasnt there when I wrote this, my bad.

5. I think I've worked it out.

The thought mechanism for how the reduction of profession leveling rate would function to reduce inflation would be as follows:
    - New player starts playing. (S)He makes the first character and levels up.
    - (S)He picks 2 professions.
    - (S)He has very very wealthy friends who have been playing on the server for years.
    - The rich friends sink their gold into the new player's profession leveling, as they realise there is absolutely no way the new player could afford to level those professions on their own.
    - Inflation successfully reduced in Robin Hood fashion, except the rich willingly give their money to the poor so that the poor may donate said gold to leveling professions.

6. I think I've worked it out.

The thought mechanism for how the reduction of profession leveling rate would function to reduce inflation would be as follows:
    - New player starts playing. (S)He makes the first character and levels up.
    - (S)He picks 2 professions.
    - (S)He has very very wealthy friends who have been playing on the server for years.
    - The rich friends sink their gold into the new player's profession leveling, as they realise there is absolutely no way the new player could afford to level those professions on their own.
    - Inflation successfully reduced in Robin Hood fashion, except the rich willingly give their money to the poor so that the poor may donate said gold to leveling professions.
    Everything for coins men... :/

7. Everything for coins men... :/
    Seems like it has been intentional from the start.
    I claimed a week ago, as a Mathematician and Accountant, that these moves will INFLATE the server drastically.
    The developers cover their will for making money with "It's the best for the community".
    Not that I'm against business, but I don't like this dishonest move. People play Icecrown because they don't have time or don't want to spend time on progression. If they did, they'd have played Lordaeron.
    Therefore, I can come to a single conclusion - dev's want people to buy more Coins to spend.

New players can't progress - they won't start.
    Veteran players will get enough of the game - they'll quit.
    No fresh blood, no old blood - Server will be forsaken. Good luck.

8. Seems like it has been intentional from the start.
    I claimed a week ago, as a Mathematician and Accountant, that these moves will INFLATE the server drastically.
    The developers cover their will for making money with "It's the best for the community".
    Not that I'm against business, but I don't like this dishonest move. People play Icecrown because they don't have time or don't want to spend time on progression. If they did, they'd have played Lordaeron.
    Therefore, I can come to a single conclusion - dev's want people to buy more Coins to spend.

9. Can't compete with the intelligence, ignorant?
    I can only fake lowering mine so much, and you got me beat by a chasm of tinfoil hats.

10. Therefore, I can come to a single conclusion - dev's want people to buy more Coins to spend.
    Oh really?
    "New players can't progress - they won't start."
    Can't progress how? Exp is remaining at the same, fast rate. Gold rates are being lowered? The value of gold will change when the rate at which the currency can be obtained will change. Profession rates are being lowered? Not an issue, as the profession system was designed around the standard "x1" rate in the first place. And if people choose not to do professions anyway? Well, that's fine. Wouldn't be the first time someone decided to build a character without bothering with the professions.

"Veteran players will get enough of the game - they'll quit."
    Veteran players who have already farmed some gold, maxed their professions and reputations, this will have very little effect on them. It will have a larger effect on the economy. The effect on the "veteran" individual will be small. For obvious reasons.

"No fresh blood, no old blood - Server will be forsaken. Good luck."
    Sounds like someone saying that the sky is falling without any real basis for that claim.
    Not that I'm against business, but I don't like this dishonest move.
    You know what we don't like? People always jumping to this sort of conclusion. If I had 10 cents for every time I saw someone making this claim over X or Y thing that's going on, I'd be filthy rich right now. So, we'd appreciate it if you kept your accusations to yourself. Please and thank you.

If money is what we were after, there are much easier and much more efficient ways of going about it. Please think before you post.
    Yeah, see, here's the thing. Professions are not meant to be leveled off the Auction House. That has always been a "luxury alternative" for those who have wealth. For a new players, they should be going out and FARMING, as the game was intended. Just as the entire "x1 professions" were designed around. There is literally no reason for professions to continue to exist but for people's laziness. Laziness is NOT an excuse. Again, that is a luxury intended for those who have worked for their wealth (gold). Professions are not like experience - the two cannot be tethered together. One is a requirement for the bulk of the content, the other is not.

11. Only thing I've disagreed with is the Rep it just makes a grind for zero reason. Gold cut needed to happen, 2 Servers Worth of gold smashed together and keep in mind the massive amount of Gold/primos circling due to the Christmas Snowman event is was Needed.

12. Only thing I've disagreed with is the Rep it just makes a grind for zero reason. Gold cut needed to happen, 2 Servers Worth of gold smashed together and keep in mind the massive amount of Gold/primos circling due to the Christmas Snowman event is was Needed.
    Needs* to Happen it hasn't yet cant edit the post.

13. Oh really?

"New players can't progress - they won't start."
    Can't progress how? Exp is remaining at the same, fast rate. Gold rates are being lowered? The value of gold will change when the rate at which the currency can be obtained will change. Profession rates are being lowered? Not an issue, as the profession system was designed around the standard "x1" rate in the first place. And if people choose not to do professions anyway? Well, that's fine. Wouldn't be the first time someone decided to build a character without bothering with the professions.

"Veteran players will get enough of the game - they'll quit."
    Veteran players who have already farmed some gold, maxed their professions and reputations, this will have very little effect on them. It will have a larger effect on the economy. The effect on the "veteran" individual will be small. For obvious reasons.

"No fresh blood, no old blood - Server will be forsaken. Good luck."
    Sounds like someone saying that the sky is falling without any real basis for that claim.

You know what we don't like? People always jumping to this sort of conclusion. If I had 10 cents for every time I saw someone making this claim over X or Y thing that's going on, I'd be filthy rich right now. So, we'd appreciate it if you kept your accusations to yourself. Please and thank you.

If money is what we were after, there are much easier and much more efficient ways of going about it. Please think before you post.

Yeah, see, here's the thing. Professions are not meant to be leveled off the Auction House. That has always been a "luxury alternative" for those who have wealth. For a new players, they should be going out and FARMING, as the game was intended. Just as the entire "x1 professions" were designed around. There is literally no reason for professions to continue to exist but for people's laziness. Laziness is NOT an excuse. Again, that is a luxury intended for those who have worked for their wealth (gold). Professions are not like experience - the two cannot be tethered together. One is a requirement for the bulk of the content, the other is not.
    I'll just quickly summarize his points that you seem to have misunderstood.
    Old players quit. That's just how it is. People come and go.
    What he's (very correctly) pointing out is that starting fresh is difficult as it is. Try starting bareboned on this server and working your way to 80. You can't even afford to learn spells without begging in or using professions. Professions were just made harder to use, so that's one nail in the coffin.
    Reputation gains were also nerfed, making the 5.5k GS even harder to achieve. Another nail.
    The gold gain is reduced, so they can't pay their way to success either. Yet another nail.
    But hey, they can just donate money. Not to offend anyone, but a lot of players are alienated by the idea that they need to spend money in order to have a chance at gaining a foothold (in heroic dungeons, raids or even pvp!). More nails.

Sure, if you have your 8 characters with 400k gold each and maxed professions and reputations, you're not impacted at all. That's common sense.
    But you also have no progression left to do and will probably quit the game.

First ... 910111213 Last