1. I have to disagree. Those materials are worth something. Not only do a fair amount of the low level crafting materials sell for rather high amounts, but there are also other materials that just do not exist in the Auction House. People who just "vendor" those materials, that's their choice to do so, but that's not representative as the community as a whole. In fact, I'm sure there are a fair number of people who think that they can't skill up their profession purely from the Auction House due to a lack of materials is a bad thing. That's a part of the economy that doesn't exist because people farm "just enough" materials to get them past that point, which is often times just 10 pieces of ore for example. The Auction House being filled with these materials is largely reliant on people needing more of these materials. In addition, people overestimating the amount of materials they need and farming extra "just in case" is another fuel for the Auction House that doesn't exist in some areas for the same reason - you're not going to accidentally "farm extra" or get more "just in case" when you only need 10 pieces of ore to advance to the next set of materials.
    Auctioning is at most a tiresome task, which people do because end materials sell for good gold, Everytime I see the AH it doesn't have any items, why? people don't farm?

On a x7 skill proff rate, most of the time you end up with extra materials (because you level them 7 skill points at a time), that you either vendor, store on your guild vault or if you're not bothered to keep it on the Auction until it sells.

Now on a x3 skill proff rate, how do you imagine having more mats? where is this extra supply coming from? you assume people are going to go out of their way to farm more materials than they actually need or that they are somehow gonna use less materials to skill up?

Again, players are inherently lazy, they chose neltharion because neltharion was appealing to Lazy players, (heck I don't play on x1 rates for a reason) and ok you can try to disregard my opinion because hey It's only my opinion and you can say my opinion is not the Community's opinion. But I bet you my soon to be halved gold, more than 50% of the server share's my opinion. and that's from a player that hates leveling, hates to level proffessions and has had to level 5 toons with not all of them having proffs, because in the end, people who play Neltharion want a lazy experience, not a blizzlike or sorta blizzlike experience.

I dunno if you've had to actually level your proffs, but you should really do a sort of announcement on Neltharion during peak times and tell people to whisper you "1" if they are against your changes. Then you'll see true feedback.

2. Here's an Idea. why not make a poll and then you get an Idea on what people really want.?
    Polls are for what players want, not what's for better for the server, or for the player base in general

3. Again, players are inherently lazy, they chose neltharion because neltharion was appealing to Lazy players, (heck I don't play on x1 rates for a reason) and ok you can try to disregard my opinion because hey It's only my opinion and you can say my opinion is not the Community's opinion. But I bet you my soon to be halved gold, more than 50% of the server share's my opinion. and that's from a player that hates leveling, hates to level proffessions and has had to level 5 toons with not all of them having proffs, because in the end, people who play Neltharion want a lazy experience, not a blizzlike or sorta blizzlike experience.
    I can tell you that what your pointing out makes no sense whatsoever. Any lazy player knows that professions are mandatory for a high performance output and they're expected to apply a minimum effort on their toons. I'll assume you don't raid and you also don't try to sustain your own expenses (flasks, food, funny stuff, etc).

But now aiming at your whole post, you're trying to state that just because there's a 7x rate for professions people don't care about materials? You're wrong. I'm aware of a huge ammount of players that sell a lot of materials every single week and they still spend time farming every single day; Conclusion? They're rich and making a proper investment of their hard worked gold. Hell, I even know people that log just to farm a little bit of resources everyday and to check their auctions because they're not able to play during the week. Don't generalize a reality that can't be generalized;

Just because you have the conspiracy theory that people don't have the patience to level their professions, farm or even grind that doesn't directly translate to an universal truth. I can tell you that from what I've seen a lot of the Neltharion players have their professions maxed out through multiple toons and this changes won't affect them at all exactly because they had their time to be lazy; Now they don't need to stress about it. Now you, that decided to be lazy from the start, you're in trouble because now you'll have to work your *** off. It's a bummer isn't it?

4. Polls are for what players want, not what's for better for the server, or for the player base in general
    That's all fine and dandy but when it's the project owner wanting something the polls don't really mean anything now do they? Lets look at some examples of how well polls turned out in the past for Warmane.

* Players didn't want Lordearon - happened anyways
    * Players didn't want Rag and Death merged - happened anyways
    * Players don't want reps and professions being reduced to 1x on Icecrown - it's gonna happen anyways
    * Players don't want Warsong and Nef merged - guess what? Probably gonna happen anyways.

Have fun with the poll results though :)

5. I can tell you that what your pointing out makes no sense whatsoever. Any lazy player knows that professions are mandatory for a high performance output and they're expected to apply a minimum effort on their toons. I'll assume you don't raid and you also don't try to sustain your own expenses (flasks, food, funny stuff, etc).

But now aiming at your whole post, you're trying to state that just because there's a 7x rate for professions people don't care about materials? You're wrong. I'm aware of a huge ammount of players that sell a lot of materials every single week and they still spend time farming every single day; Conclusion? They're rich and making a proper investment of their hard worked gold. Hell, I even know people that log just to farm a little bit of resources everyday and to check their auctions because they're not able to play during the week. Don't generalize a reality that can't be generalized;

Just because you have the conspiracy theory that people don't have the patience to level their professions, farm or even grind that doesn't directly translate to an universal truth. I can tell you that from what I've seen a lot of the Neltharion players have their professions maxed out through multiple toons and this changes won't affect them at all exactly because they had their time to be lazy; Now they don't need to stress about it. Now you, that decided to be lazy from the start, you're in trouble because now you'll have to work your *** off. It's a bummer isn't it?
    bruh, your post is essentially the same as the person you are criticizing, using your "statistics" as evidence. Apply same logic to yourself, and you are wrong too... and you made an *** outta yourself.

truth is who gives a ****, everyone's got an opinion. the only fact is, warmane will do what they wanna do, and there's nothing you can do about it.
    this whole rate change ain't gonna affect anyone who's played here for a while, it can potentially increase/decrease new comers depending on the experience they are looking for. but the way i see it, the fact they aren't changing the x7 experience rate, shows that they are not confident with their lower level content.

6. but needs survey)
    I would even like to play in the Realm x50 + with low

7. bruh, your post is essentially the same as the person you are criticizing, using your "statistics" as evidence. Apply same logic to yourself, and you are wrong too... and you made an *** outta yourself.

truth is who gives a ****, everyone's got an opinion. the only fact is, warmane will do what they wanna do, and there's nothing you can do about it.
    this whole rate change ain't gonna affect anyone who's played here for a while, it can potentially increase/decrease new comers depending on the experience they are looking for. but the way i see it, the fact they aren't changing the x7 experience rate, shows that they are not confident with their lower level content.
    The point of my post was exactly to show that just because he wants to use statistics that doesn't mean he's the owner and holder of the only truth. Statistics can be turned and twisted for the other side of the coin as I've evidenced through my initial post. Considering the way you've finished your sentence you make me believe that the whole point I made flew over your head.

Like you said, everyone has the right of being owner of their own opinion but that doesn't mean you can declare yourself as the voice of reason.

8. I was only ever really concerned with the profession rate going down to x1 with x7 leveling. Switching to x3 is a reasonable compromise. Also switching gold rates to x3 makes sense as the gold squish would be pointless if people were still making gold at the same rate.

9. That's all fine and dandy but when it's the project owner wanting something the polls don't really mean anything now do they? Lets look at some examples of how well polls turned out in the past for Warmane.

* Players didn't want Lordearon - happened anyways
    * Players didn't want Rag and Death merged - happened anyways
    * Players don't want reps and professions being reduced to 1x on Icecrown - it's gonna happen anyways
    * Players don't want Warsong and Nef merged - guess what? Probably gonna happen anyways.
    I am not any mod/gm so, as just a regular player, I see polls as just a part of a playerbase preference, a part because not everyone who plays on Warmane are not such a big forums users, and in lots of cases, they never bother to browse this page even. Now, based on the results, there's a chance they might have the power to change one or two decisions at its most, and that's a very small chance in my opinion. But ask yourself for a moment, should the polls decide everything?

Lets see,
    Players didn't want Lordaeron (dunno where you seen this but whatever), it turned out to be the most populated server I have ever seen, 12k players + Queue
    Players didn't want Rag + Death merge (again dunno where you seen it), look now its population in the main page
    Players didn't want x1 rates, correct, the feedback was huge, it's gonna be x3 after all, after lots of time of reflection however
    Players don't want Warsong + Nef merge, we will see how it goes
    And I'll add to the list, players didn't want multiboxing (I think there was a poll with 80-20 or so) and guess what, Warmane allows it, and try to find out why, very easy
    Think just for one minute if it's owner who wants something personal or if it's to keep Warmane project alive. I can't answer that anyhow, but the second answer sounds a little bit more reasonable to me

10. the fact they aren't changing the x7 experience rate, shows that they are not confident with their lower level content.
    Excuse me? What would be the point in dropping Icecrown to x1? Lordaeron exists and already has that. If people wanted to be playing on x1 on Wrath, they would be playing on Lordaeron. Not Icecrown. As for the other expansions, we are well aware of what available and working low level content exists. There isn't a lack of confidence. The trouble is depriving people of leveling rates that they prefer. As in, there are people who don't like to level, so they play on the higher rated realms instead. While a lack of content may be a reason for x1 in the past, currently it isn't feasible to create another realm for those players who want Cata or MoP x1 due to the lack of popularity of those expansions in the first place.

11. Excuse me? What would be the point in dropping Icecrown to x1? Lordaeron exists and already has that. If people wanted to be playing on x1 on Wrath, they would be playing on Lordaeron. Not Icecrown. As for the other expansions, we are well aware of what available and working low level content exists. There isn't a lack of confidence. The trouble is depriving people of leveling rates that they prefer. As in, there are people who don't like to level, so they play on the higher rated realms instead. While a lack of content may be a reason for x1 in the past, currently it isn't feasible to create another realm for those players who want Cata or MoP x1 due to the lack of popularity of those expansions in the first place.
    I play on Nelth so that comment was Nelth specific, sorry wasn't clear.

I highly question the "lack of popularity", if you recall over 2 years ago, pre-MoP, there were i believe 3 Cata servers of 3000+ each. and when MoP came out there were 2 servers of full capacity (again off top of my head so may not be, but i'm sure someone has a screenshot). Over the last 2 years, cata hardly received updates and was basically on life support. Of course you can use end to justify the means, saying that nelth is dead cuz it's unpopular. but looking back to when nelth was getting updates, i would argue it was "popular".

12. I'll assume you don't raid and you also don't try to sustain your own expenses (flasks, food, funny stuff, etc).
    I do raid, if you ask around, you'll know why I don't get to do "DPS TESTS" and in regards to sustaining my expenses, I do end game proffesions to my needs alone, and the gold I make from raids or VP item selling is enough to buy my flasks.

Well, Good for them, my point though, was in regard of leveling the proff not about the end game materials, which are indeed farmed. then again my argument is "MAKING PROFF SLOWER TO LEVEL AIN'T GONNA MAKE MATERIALS SUPPLY INCREASE" <--- Sorry for the caps, I used them to make my point easier for you to read.
    my quote from before "Auctioning is at most a tiresome task, which people DO because end materials sell for good gold"
    The same can't be said for leveling mats, People don't care about farming them. I'll give you a Example, Make a BLAZEFURY, you'd need 20 Primal Shadows, Manas, 15 Felsteel (Good Luck on farming Eternium, gotta love those missing nodes). go now and farm that stuff, see how long it will take you to farm them and also sell them, it just ain't proffitable people just focus on END GAME MATS ( which have nothing to do with decreasing proffesion rates)

Want to have more supply of ores? here's a tip, INCREASE NODES or DROPS, you'll see the AH flourish with mats
    Want more Enchanting mats? Put the correct loot pools for trash mobs (currently the mobs you'd go to if it were correct almost all have the same loot that drops the damn Rogue's Draught)

but that's besides the point, the point I made was that decreasing proffesions skills =/= increasing supply of them.

It's not a conspiracy theory, It's my opinion on the matter, which I already stated before, I bet the server agrees, can't say for certainty but I sure can bet on it.

13. "MAKING PROFF SLOWER TO LEVEL AIN'T GONNA MAKE MATERIALS SUPPLY INCREASE"
    Can you provide me official numbers that can sustain your statement?

You're driving yourself under the assumption that people will stop farming just because it will take them a little bit more time to actually grind their professions. If you think about it, considering that the materials are going to be even more required that directly translates into a bigger market and more sales going off; You make the economy move around that and the people that are actually interested in generating a stable income of gold will focus their attention thowards that.

However, there is one thing that actually gives you wings to point out some flaws on the idea and that is the fact that Cataclysm servers aren't as popular as WOTLK ones nowadays. Looking at the server right now (EU Peak time) I see 1000 players online and with that number of players, no matter what you do, you'll never have a stable economy because there's not enough "flux" to stabilize it.

14. Can you provide me official numbers that can sustain your statement?

You're driving yourself under the assumption that people will stop farming just because it will take them a little bit more time to actually grind their professions. If you think about it, considering that the materials are going to be even more required that directly translates into a bigger market and more sales going off; You make the economy move around that and the people that are actually interested in generating a stable income of gold will focus their attention thowards that.

Dude, it ain't advaced Mathematics, it's common sense, what it's Warmane's Objective?

"The idea is to have slower skilling professions in the future, which would mean more farming and thus more materials in the economy. More "supply" for the "demand" if you will."
    They want to increase more mats in AH, what's the main materials that are relevant? End Game Materials?, are the supply of end game materials going to be affected in a good way by lower proffesions rates? There's your answer.

I already gave my 2 cents, and I'm already bored of this. Cheers

15. I was only ever really concerned with the profession rate going down to x1 with x7 leveling. Switching to x3 is a reasonable compromise. Also switching gold rates to x3 makes sense as the gold squish would be pointless if people were still making gold at the same rate.
    How is that reasonable? Meeting halfway would be x4.

First 12345 ... Last