1. Lets see,
    Players didn't want Lordaeron (dunno where you seen this but whatever), it turned out to be the most populated server I have ever seen, 12k players + Queue
    There was a poll, a lot of forums threads and posts which didn't change the outcome. I'm not bashing on the success Lordearon had after launch, simply pointing out that there was a vast majority of players that didn't want it.

Players didn't want Rag + Death merge (again dunno where you seen it), look now its population in the main page
    I wouldn't trust the stats shown on the main page as it's not always 100% accurate. In addition, you're looking at stats after the fact. Again, reference previous forums posts and threads, there was a vast majority of players who didn't want this change and some that did. Happened Anyways. Moving on.

Players didn't want x1 rates, correct, the feedback was huge, it's gonna be x3 after all, after lots of time of reflection however
    I stand corrected here on this point, feedback did appear to finally have an impact and I went and saw the initial post made by Proterean.

And I'll add to the list, players didn't want multiboxing (I think there was a poll with 80-20 or so) and guess what, Warmane allows it, and try to find out why, very easy
    I'm glad we agree on this as I believe you've seen many of my posts regarding this, why it won't change, and how players can try and get around this minor annoyance.

Think just for one minute if it's owner who wants something personal or if it's to keep Warmane project alive. I can't answer that anyhow, but the second answer sounds a little bit more reasonable to me
    Many of the decisions regarding the project servers and the changes they've gone through have originated from the project owner. It's one thing when these are proposed changes by the staff, but generally once I've heard it's the project lead who wants it I generally don't fight or questions it at that point, even if I don't agree with it. Also, from a financial standpoint, it's not cheap to host servers lol.

2. They want to increase more mats in AH, what's the main materials that are relevant? End Game Materials?, are the supply of end game materials going to be affected in a good way by lower proffesions rates? There's your answer.
    You're neglecting the fact that materials like herbs, mining nods, etc, are always product that are highly demanded by the players in general. If the professions are harder to grind, they're going to FARM MORE RAW MATERIALS that will 'cause them to be sold after not being needed. I'll also remind you that there are people that are pure farmers so this is actually good for them 'cause it raises the ammount of raw materials that they can sell. Neglecting such "common sense" is what surprises me since you look like an educated gentlemen.

3. You're neglecting the fact that materials like herbs, mining nods, etc, are always product that are highly demanded by the players in general. If the professions are harder to grind, they're going to FARM MORE RAW MATERIALS that will 'cause them to be sold after not being needed. I'll also remind you that there are people that are pure farmers so this is actually good for them 'cause it raises the ammount of raw materials that they can sell. Neglecting such "common sense" is what surprises me since you look like an educated gentlemen.
    the highly demanded herbs/mines you are talking about are mostly endgame content. the lower rate prof skill will not have much economic impact on those in particular. so no, it does not affect majority of the sales since most of the population are at max level and only care for endgame herbs/mines.

again like i said before, this rate change won't have much an impact on current max level players, will have little impact on their alts as they will need more mats to level profs. new players coming in will be have a longer grind to max level obviously. the farmers you are talking about will be able to sell roughly 2x more mats to those new comers, but real question is will they be able to sell them at the current prices?

4. the highly demanded herbs/mines you are talking about are mostly endgame content. the lower rate prof skill will not have much economic impact on those in particular. so no, it does not affect majority of the sales since most of the population are at max level and only care for endgame herbs/mines.
    You've missed my point so I'll requote myself;

If the professions are harder to grind, they're going to FARM MORE RAW MATERIALS that will 'cause them to be sold after not being needed.
    This means that it will have an impact in every single economic aspect; If you're going to sweat in order to raise your professions that means that the "lower" reagents are going to be a topic of search since they're now more required to raise the profession. This opens door to a new loop of sales that was locked to the high end materials like you stated and really well.

5. There was a poll, a lot of forums threads and posts which didn't change the outcome. I'm not bashing on the success Lordearon had after launch, simply pointing out that there was a vast majority of players that didn't want it.
    I wouldn't trust the stats shown on the main page as it's not always 100% accurate. In addition, you're looking at stats after the fact. Again, reference previous forums posts and threads, there was a vast majority of players who didn't want this change and some that did. Happened Anyways. Moving on.
    Sorry to insist but I'm still trying to figure out where have you seen that amount of negativism on the ideas of making Lordaeron and merging Ragnaros with Deathwing. You see, I use to visit the forums everyday and I saw way more positive feedback than negative in both of the decisions, and in some cases, several players showing some excitement. Even though I can not be entirely correct, I may safely say that the negative feedback about the x1 rates was way superior than these two. At least it's how I felt it...
    And still about the x1 rates, what made Proteran change his mind, it was probaably the valid reasons why such rates would be worse to the server (especially taking new players into consideration) pointed out by few users who politely explained everything they could, not because 90% said "bah me no like x1 cuz its boring waaa" because I believe that won't change a damn thing. Well, depends on certain things I guess...
    Sadly, I feel that the players, when there's some decision revealed, always have the tendency to defend only their own interests instead of putting what's the the best choice for the server on the table

6. This means that it will have an impact in every single economic aspect; If you're going to sweat in order to raise your professions that means that the "lower" reagents are going to be a topic of search since they're now more required to raise the profession. This opens door to a new loop of sales that was locked to the high end materials like you stated and really well.
    Here let me run some quick CEO math for you.

5x > 3x on skill up
    7x > 3x on gold drop rate

you gonna sell 2x the mats at ~1/2 the price...

7. Here let me run some quick CEO math for you.

5x > 3x on skill up
    7x > 3x on gold drop rate

you gonna sell 2x the mats at ~1/2 the price...
    But you're not addressing the inherent value of gold. He may be netting half as much gold as before, but if gold is worth more than twice as much as it was before, then that's pure profit.

8. But you're not addressing the inherent value of gold. He may be netting half as much gold as before, but if gold is worth more than twice as much as it was before, then that's pure profit.
    that's something we will find out

9. But you're not addressing the inherent value of gold. He may be netting half as much gold as before, but if gold is worth more than twice as much as it was before, then that's pure profit.
    In real economies, when cash value rises, price also rises. What makes you think this will be any different?
    You are halving gold but people won't automatically sell things for 1/2 the price. In fact, they may want more gold to make up for the gold they lost, even if the overall value stays still.

You can read all about it in my book "The Art of the Deal."
    It's great you'll love it it's fantastic.

10. any rate beyond 1x rate is a good rate thanks for reconsidering. i hope this is final

11. My feelings when I read this post:

12. Get all on x3, special experience

13. Whatever some 'bright' minds in here might say, this is a really good change.

I had a fresh start here, coming from AT (Blackrock), willing to give pve a try, since pvp in wrath went to ****

When I first saw the prices on the AH I was a bit discouraged because I had nothing to start with, so I followed the idea and tried to sell mined ores with very high price. I was pleasantly surprised to see that people actually bought ( advantage of high population realm - there is always demand for materials since everyone has alts). Then I started making more and more gold with close to no effort from selling profession materials. I don't know where so much gold came from but the point it it's being circulated a lot through the auction house.

So the main source of new players income is selling prof. materials to AH. By decreasing prof. and gold rates to x3, the prices might change but this doesn't matter at all since everything is relative. The whole point of the change is that the material demand will be higher so gaining gold through professions would be a lot more reliable for new players.

14. Better buy things like Vial, Chopper, Panthers, etc soon since nobody is about to start selling these for 1/2 the price they already are. None of these upcoming changes effect the cost of the vendor mats needed to make items like this.

First ... 23456 ... Last