1. Gold Drain 1 JAN 2017

As you all must've saw the news, as of 1 January 2017 all golld will be reduced by -50%. I personally don;t really care, I;m not a gold maniac.
    But I have a concern for the lower levels. You all know that as a new player the skills u learn at lvl 30-60 for example are a pain gold-wise if u don't have a solid income. Ok Warmane, so for all the low levels it's kinda obvious that you will have to lower the price of a new skill also by 50% right?

2. At first I'm gonna say that I'm glad I'm in Lordaeron

Then I saw this :

With that information, we have concluded that all realms will receive a gold squish of 50% on January 1, 2017 giving players plenty of time to use up their reserves before we commence the first gold squish.
    Nooooooo I'm too poor already D:

3. From my point of view, Lordareon should not be included in the Gold Drain program. Compared to the x7 server, Lordareon players are broke. Skills and riding training are expensive and takes a lot effort and time to scrounge enough gold to get everything. Especially if you just started playing in the server and your 2 professions are Tailoring and Enchanting.

As op said, during leveling I don't have enough gold to learn all the new class skills not even counting professions skills. And hell, the dual spec is 1k here.

I am still trying to max riding skill and mammoth vendor mount but I don't think I can get them before 1st of January. It will hurt bad when they cut my gold into half.

4. Oy vey its like anuddah shoah!
    The goyim know! SHUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!!

5. As you all must've saw the news, as of 1 January 2017 all golld will be reduced by -50%. I personally don;t really care, I;m not a gold maniac.
    But I have a concern for the lower levels. You all know that as a new player the skills u learn at lvl 30-60 for example are a pain gold-wise if u don't have a solid income. Ok Warmane, so for all the low levels it's kinda obvious that you will have to lower the price of a new skill also by 50% right?
    Can you even read before posting nonsense ?

The realms that will be affected are Icecrown, Neltharion and Frostwolf and the rates that will be set are the following:

6. Can you even read before posting nonsense ?
    What about you? Can YOU read before posting nonsense?

"To further improve the economies on our realms, as previously announced in the Lordaeron information thread, based on community suggestions and wishes we noted introducing a gold squish mechanic to maintain competitive auction house pricing and a healthy realm economy over the long term, as Warmane does not introduce gold into the economy through any means.

With that information, we have concluded that all realms will receive a gold squish of 50% on January 1, 2017 giving players plenty of time to use up their reserves before we commence the first gold squish."

Yes, only the mentioned realms will have their rates lowered. But it clearly says ALL REALMS WILL RECEIVE A GOLD SQUISH OF 50%. That means ALL realms, including Lordaeron

7. I don't think it's necessary since the rates are x1. It won't have any effect on endgame players. It will just make it harder for new players to get riding and mounts. It doesn't matter how much gold you lose if everything in AH gets cheaper. But it will be really hard to get dual spec and 280% riding. And only new players are buying those upgrades. On icecrown rates are much higher so I understand. But here a stack of metal sells for 1-2 gold. That's the cost of a single spell at the class trainer.

8. What about you? Can YOU read before posting nonsense?

"To further improve the economies on our realms, as previously announced in the Lordaeron information thread, based on community suggestions and wishes we noted introducing a gold squish mechanic to maintain competitive auction house pricing and a healthy realm economy over the long term, as Warmane does not introduce gold into the economy through any means.

With that information, we have concluded that all realms will receive a gold squish of 50% on January 1, 2017 giving players plenty of time to use up their reserves before we commence the first gold squish."

Yes, only the mentioned realms will have their rates lowered. But it clearly says ALL REALMS WILL RECEIVE A GOLD SQUISH OF 50%. That means ALL realms, including Lordaeron
    I think they were talking about server that were mentionted there, because lordaeron has i think already normal gold squish, i leveled to 80 on lord and icc, and it was 'A LOT' of diffrence between getting gold on one and another.

9. I think they were talking about server that were mentionted there, because lordaeron has i think already normal gold squish, i leveled to 80 on lord and icc, and it was 'A LOT' of diffrence between getting gold on one and another.
    I guess we'll have to wait for an official reply to settle this, but I know I saw a GM message about the gold squish in game while playing on Lordaeron. I didn't believe it would cover Lordaeron as well, but after re-reading the post, I think it is.

Guildie managed to screenshot it on Lordaeron:
    Edited: August 27, 2016

10. With all due respect, the proposed changes will not help newbies at all. Moreover, they will hinder newbies' progress even more:

1) Reducing profession skillup rates: the veterans have their professions already leveled up and maxed, so they don't really care at all. The only ones that will suffer are the newcomers.

2) Reducing reputation rates: the same - vets won't bother with reputation reward equipment, because they already have much better. And oh, they already got reputations maxed, unlike the "fresh starters" who are forced to grind reputations.

3) Reducing gold drop rates: the source of income for established players is not gold drop, but instead trade and auction house. I can't remember when I last killed mobs for gold or loot on Icecrown (except raid bosses). Maybe two-three years ago, after the server restart - as a fresh starter. Only leveling newbies rely on gold drops. They need it badly just to keep up with skill training and mounts in realms with increased experience rates.

and 4) The onetime gold drain on New Year's Day will not lower the prices and keep a "healthy" economy. Instead, people will just rush to spend their gold and buy all they can just before New Year. This will cause the prices to increase, not to decrease as expected.

Sadly, the discussion topic was open for comments for just two - three hours.

11. With all due respect, the proposed changes will not help newbies at all. Moreover, they will hinder newbies' progress even more:

1) Reducing profession skillup rates: the veterans have their professions already leveled up and maxed, so they don't really care at all. The only ones that will suffer are the newcomers.

2) Reducing reputation rates: the same - vets won't bother with reputation reward equipment, because they already have much better. And oh, they already got reputations maxed, unlike the "fresh starters" who are forced to grind reputations.

3) Reducing gold drop rates: the source of income for established players is not gold drop, but instead trade and auction house. I can't remember when I last killed mobs for gold or loot on Icecrown (except raid bosses). Maybe two-three years ago, after the server restart - as a fresh starter. Only leveling newbies rely on gold drops. They need it badly just to keep up with skill training and mounts in realms with increased experience rates.

and 4) The onetime gold drain on New Year's Day will not lower the prices and keep a "healthy" economy. Instead, people will just rush to spend their gold and buy all they can just before New Year. This will cause the prices to increase, not to decrease as expected.

Sadly, the discussion topic was open for comments for just two - three hours.
    Not to be a dick and all, but I think this part will be best brought to a realm like Icecrown. You'll get more sympathetic players there

12. i just want to say i think it is an utter mistake to squash icecrowns rep and profs. because all it will do is make it harder for newbs. i have 3 level 80's all with maxed profs. i can easily make money off anyone of them. but newbs won't have that luxury. icecrown has boosted reps and profs for a reason. people get sick of taking forever to level characters especially if you have leveled 1 or more, it gets tiresome. also, if people can't figure out how to make cash on icecrown then they need to really rethink of playing this game. it really isn't hard. all you have to do is level a character up and then level up a prof and sell what ever it is at the ah. in the mean time, while leveling, just gather mats such as mining (copper will sell for decent amounts or other mats) so that pays for leveling up skills. i have been on the server a total of 6 months and it isn't hard to make money.

13. Attention Warmane Staff

This is unbelievable! Especially for Lordaeron 1x rate realm.

You already gold capped us, now you want cut our gold it by 50% Bleeding players dry for simple goods.
    That is unfair for little guy that worked hard the honest way for their gold.

Can you explain your theory of how this is going to help, especially players that are poor and struggling. Give us examples please. Players are now going to double their prices on the AH and its can to make a bad situation worse.

Gold trade for coins on Lordaeron realm, Warmane's website looks crazy right now. Players are desperate to sell their Gold.

Angelfire
    Edited: August 27, 2016

14. Can you even read before posting nonsense ?

Please read!

UPDATE TO REALM RATES AND ECONOMY ADJUSTMENTS

August 25, 2016

We are excited to announce slight changes to realms' rates and economy adjustments to maintain a healthy economy on (ALL REALMS.) More information is available for reading here.

12 Last