1. FRANKLY I DONT CARE how much they shrink my gold and i wont convert it to mats or sellable goods to try to "circumvent" that. My 1/2 shrinked gold will be worth double after they cut away some of it so what they do to gold is pure cosmetics for an individual Character.

The profession rates will work similar different than most expect!
    Most will probably expect mats prizes to go to sky from higher demand because of the multiplied profession grinding. But who farms for himself usually overdoes the farm and thus sells his leftovers, simply to get some bagspace back. Thus more farming ends in more mats in the AH.

From my point of view its actually going to be very faszinating to watch how this will work out!!

2. Greetings,

I have not read any previous reply, but I am simply here to try and highlight why this shrink is important for the realm.

With the upcoming rate changes, gold and other materials will be much harder to get in terms of time spend compared to profit in comparison to the old rates.
    Why does this affect the realm? A lot of people will be left over with a lot of the gold from the last inflation, what does this mean? It simply means that the majority of the realm will be left with an absurd amount of gold compared to the work and effort it will take to actually get that amount post rate change.

The above is the exact reason why we need a shrink, while i myself sit on a fairly decent bank and I know that I am not even close to being "rich" on Frostwolf, it is important to look past the fact that your gold will be cut in half, because there should be an expected drop in prices on action house as well. It is a simple economy trick to try and take an inflated economy and bring it to a point of stability.

Best Regards,
    Intheloop

3. But i dont understand how the reputations and weapon skill affect economy and why does it need to lower it.. And if they lower the proffesions rate... But if they to this they also need to fix the outland and northend ores and herbs and the drop rate in northend for frostwolf cloth is miserable... Because leveling a proffesion with 1x will be a pain..
    Exactly this, especially with Northrend ores and herbs. Good luck trying leveling Blacksmithing with so few Cobalt ores. IF you want to lower professions rates, then you FIRST HAVE TO check the previous issue (and maybe all related to this).

And regarding of Reputation rates, as previous comments have said... are you kidding? How can you even think about that when many quests are still bugged. Besides, you still haven't even fixed the crash bug https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/25091 for example, which in order to earn more Golden Lotus reputation, you have to deal with it.

If you really want to make some improvements, do it properly.
    Edited: August 28, 2016

4. ....especially with Northrend ores and herbs. Good luck trying leveling Blacksmithing with so few Cobalt ores.
    They will shurely add some nodes when it becones a major issue for many.

The general problem with professions on warmane is simply that some bugreports deserving it never get voted up. When some warrior damage proc is slightly wrong, votes on the connected bugreports skyrock. But when some Blacksmith plan is impossible to get, noone cares but the 2-3 players that are currently looking for it. Even from thouse 2-3 non will care enough to check out the Bugtracker and vote the report up.

5. A different approach

This is the other side of the coin that is now shown post-old content to implement. There's always going to be a "but".
    Yes, old content will arrive... alongside halved gold amounts and reduced rates. It's natural. It makes sense, and here's why.

The one thing that hasn't been directly mentioned -- this initiative goes hand in hand with the actual old content, as most people would skip it if the rates were to stay the same. What does the majority do? Powerleveling. That means around 70% of the world zones (if not, perhaps, even more) are often overlooked completely when leveling. Ask yourself this question: why would old content be implemented, if nobody were to play it, due to the rates being too high?
    This has to be the logic behind all of this, otherwise it's all senseless. Individually, I would vehemently disagree with the said change since I only have 2 chars I play on (a 550 priest with inscription+tailoring and a gearing 516 blood-dk with mining+smithing). I don't like it either. However, trying to put things into perspective and seeing the big picture, things will take a turn for the better, eventually. Putting the wider community's interests ahead of the personal ones is often frowned upon, and harshly judged. It was never meant to be rightful. Rich golddiggers will always seek to hoard even more gold, while poorer players are left with no choice but to either beg, jump from guild to guild and empty their treasuries, or do it the simple way: grind.

The only category those changes will directly impact negatively are newcomers/levelers with no other based level 90 chars, and also the average joe whose goldflow depends on daily quests. For the other people who own chars that are full prideful, have maxed out professions and are generally "finished" in terms of actual gameplay, this will only come as a minor nuisance so as to empty their pockets of gold ASAP before 1 Jan 2017. Then there's also the farming of shado-pan assault reputation on isle of thunder, which in this case would be severly decimated. Not sure how many people will like it. And of course, lest we forget the luxury mount hunters.

tl;dr - rate/gold reductions are meant to complement the release of old content, so as to balance them out and make leveling people actually play through it.

6. The sole purpose of this shrink is to kill cata and mop so they can get rid of them....cata is already dead with 1k ppl at peak timea, the shrink in rates and economy will only kill that realm and the aame thing will happen to mop with only 2ķ at peak....no staff in their right mind would lower rates without fixing content first.
    Atm we only have promisses and a decision to lower rates. It took them a year and a half to get to the decision where they even consider adding some content to mop, now think what is gonna happen when they lower the rates.

Juat go to retail and get over this excuse of a serv

7. Nobody asked for those adjustments and gold squish. i bet 90% of players on Frostwolf are against it, but warmane will do it anyways. its not like frostwolf is dying anyway lol let it rot even more

8. tl;dr - rate/gold reductions are meant to complement the release of old content, so as to balance them out and make leveling people actually play through it.
    Wanna bet that old content will not come before this reduction happens? Plus isn't it more logical that if leveling gets slowed down,dungeons or not,more people will prefer power leveling?
    What bothers me is that people who are for this are just assuming the prices will go down, when it's more likely that they'll stay the same or go up. You are right about one thing, this will hurt the average players the most cause they won't be able to get a head start on the same prices and half their gold lost, with less gold to earn. I mean I personally don't care, what I care about is spending hours grinding ores and herbs... I just see the flaws in this.
    Edited: August 28, 2016

9. The sole purpose of this shrink is to kill cata and mop so they can get rid of them....cata is already dead with 1k ppl at peak timea, the shrink in rates and economy will only kill that realm and the aame thing will happen to mop with only 2ķ at peak....
    So, you're saying that they want to kill a realm with 1k pop, but they definitely want to keep the PvP realm with 100 players online... You should write a conspiracy book about something... anything... that logic is superb.

10. Wanna bet that old content will not come before this reduction happens? Plus isn't it more logical that if leveling gets slowed down,dungeons or not,more people will prefer power leveling?
    What bothers me is that people are just assuming the prices will go down, when it's more likely that they'll stay the same or go up. You are right about one thing, this will hurt the average players the most cause they won't be able to get a head start on the same prices and half their gold lost, with less gold to earn. I mean I personally don't care, what I care about is spending hours grinding ores and herbs... I just see the flaws in this.
    definitely 0% chance of working low lvl content coming within the next month
    i personally wont lower prices of anything if other sellers do the same, cuz i want to make money like a normal human bean. hopefully the trend catches

11. as most people would skip it if the rates were to stay the same. What does the majority do? Powerleveling. That means around 70% of the world zones (if not, perhaps, even more) are often overlooked completely when leveling. Ask yourself this question: why would old content be implemented, if nobody were to play it, due to the rates being too high?
    Transmog and mount farming. That is essentially why we want old content on high rate servers, besides the moar powerleveling (let me remind you that both Neltharion and Frostwolf had even higher rates before, x15 if I remember, at this time we had 2 full Mop and Cata realms)

Rich golddiggers will always seek to hoard even more gold, while poorer players are left with no choice but to either beg, jump from guild to guild and empty their treasuries, or do it the simple way: grind.
    The only thing that nobody wants to do on private servers. Grind is not gameplay, its an old method of forcing people to continue playing your game without them noticing its not fun anymore, and why do you think the begging will go away with reduced rates? With a harder time leveling professions newcomers will not want to level it at all

12. definitely 0% chance of working low lvl content coming within the next month
    i personally wont lower prices of anything if other sellers do the same, cuz i want to make money like a normal human bean. hopefully the trend catches
    Exactly my point,from the perspective of a seller, buyers are ****ed.

13. So, you're saying that they want to kill a realm with 1k pop, but they definitely want to keep the PvP realm with 100 players online... You should write a conspiracy book about something... anything... that logic is superb.

14. 'Human bean' hehe.. They said they wont shut down servers that have even 1 guy playing on it.
    Pasted from the Proterean OP: 'To further improve the economies on our realms, as previously announced in the Lordaeron information thread, based on community suggestions and wishes', its not even our community's opinion
    They are lowering profession leveling multiplier not the number of nodes / ore-herb drops, only thing different is harder leveling. That does not affect prices in any way, farming at 600 wont be any different. IDK who even considers wasting time leveling in dungeons, they are simply there for transmog / mount farming.

15. actually leveling in dungeons may be even better than questing if you got someone to carry you

First 1234 Last