1. 'Human bean' hehe.. They said they wont shut down servers that have even 1 guy playing on it.
    Pasted from the Proterean OP: 'To further improve the economies on our realms, as previously announced in the Lordaeron information thread, based on community suggestions and wishes', its not even our community's opinion
    They are lowering profession leveling multiplier not the number of nodes / ore-herb drops, only thing different is harder leveling. That does not affect prices in any way, farming at 600 wont be any different. IDK who even considers wasting time leveling in dungeons, they are simply there for transmog / mount farming.
    actually leveling in dungeons may be even better than questing if you got someone to carry you

2. Soo... what about people with absurd amounts of gold just buying out the AH of mats/rares/epics before the squish and simply list after for whatever then want?

3. Soo... what about people with absurd amounts of gold just buying out the AH of mats/rares/epics before the squish and simply list after for whatever then want?
    Thats how world works son....

4. Soo... what about people with absurd amounts of gold just buying out the AH of mats/rares/epics before the squish and simply list after for whatever then want?
    if the server would just come online... ;)

5. Arena season is over, so server is down. I like what they are doing with economy changes and professions, but I don't like for them to reduce reputation rates to 1x, because if they wanna do that first fix all quests and enable dungeons/raids so we can farm reputations. Everything is Overpriced now on Frostwolf. You have bunch of players that are accumulating gold like jews, BoA items over 150k gold, really? meta gems 5k and more some glyhps over 30k and much more. To me it is a good decision to reduce gold rates and go cut 50% of gold from all players.
    Well, i belive you are the first guy ive seen wants this changes... but apologize me... but it seems in your post you dont actually target their changes as a good thing, you point to the problem and "think" their changes will fix it. Let me analyze you the outcome:

- Gold rate from x7 to x3:

Pretty much its simple, it will make the gold farming quite harder for bots and scripts because to be trully sincere right now, you can farm a lot of gold from instances and etc. BUT (and a very big but), people joined this servers for this rates, i mean, this helps people with jobs, students, people with literally not enough time to actually be able to enjoy every aspect of the game.
    Most people dont know how to make gold and they rely on farming daylies (which most of them doesnt work in Cataclysm and Pandaria), farming dungeon drop (which in some can be done and in others no because aoe loot and autoloot is broken) or simply beg for it in channels.
    Overall this change will help reduce the gold in movement because bots and gold farmers will have to move, but in the end this will not solve anything in AH or Black Market because if im making everyday 10k gold, with this changes i will remain making 10k golds because i have free time and i will have to invest only another hour to keep up with the changes.

Note: This is the first time in years i have played molten-warmane that i havent been begged for gold, instead people actually asked me how to make gold instead of asking me gold directly.

- Weapon skills from x5 to x3:

This change has almost no effect, but this will actually make the server (because only affects wotlk) feel more "crowded", how? It will simply make people leave their characters hitting while afk while eating, studying or something. This will make the server feel "more populated".
    While i think this is a good meassure, its also a cheap one. It doesnt help anyhow, warmane is popular because it used to be a brand meaning "good private server", not "populated private server".

- Profession rate from x5 to x1:

This is one of the main issues with most of people. Most of the people that choosed Icecrown, Neltharion or Frostwolf did it in purpouse because of the rates, because (as i said earlier), they have no time and they want things a little bit quicker so they can keep with their lives. Changing this rates to 1x actually wont solve anything in economy, because the truth is most people currently playing have their professions up. This is a change that will affect on long term, but how will it?
    Lets take for example Enchanting. When you level that infernal profession, you need to buy a lot of materials in AH if you dont want to spend half your life grinding low lvl dungeons for items to disenchant or killing thousands of murlocs in search of the mats for the pearls needed. BUT (and another very big but), in Pandaria and Cataclysm most low lvl dungeons are closed... so how this translates? Easy, the same amount of offer for actually five times more demand.
    This will incurr in a 2-3 more times higher prices in low level materials, which, combined with the lowering in gold rates, will make almost virtually imposible for most (not everybody) to level their professions as they are leveling their characters mostly due the 7x rates in experience.
    This will not fix economy, this will break it even further.

Note: Even in Pandaria some professions have some items that give 2-3-5 points instead of one and that doesnt even work.

- Reputation rate from x7 to x1:

The highest trouble right here. Im going to be trully sincere, this change wont bother me even the slightiest, because i have no job or studies i have all free time for what i want to dedicate it. BUT (and this is the second biggest but out of there), i joined this server (after having left it long time ago) because my friends joined with me. They have jobs, lives, etc and choosed this server because they could reach highest levels and do high lvl stuff relatively quick. They will no longer be able to do a lot of stuff (like gearing up when they reach max lvl, etc) with this reputation change.

BUT (and this is a Kim-Kardashian butt-size), this goes even further with the main problem that not even a tenth of the daylies for getting reputation in Cataclysm or Pandaria works. How gonna raise reputation with (for example) Lorewalkers in Pandaria if literally you cant do a single quest? How to raise reputation with half of those factions when from 10-15 daylies that should work less than one works?

This change is the biggest one that i dont understand because if i were a Wotlk player and i wanted a true challenge and i wanted a blizzlike complete server, i would have joined Lordaeron without the slightiest doubt. On the other hand, my team has no time, they want to play quicker, etc... they choosed Icecrown because this. You change rates? Ok, they will leave, and by extension i will leave. Not because we want or i want or staff is bad. It is because we choosed this server because how it was designed, we choosed 7x rates in gold, we choosed 7x rates in reputation, we choosed 5x in professions, we are happy to play in a free server with queues or half content working because it was our choice. Now if you change it... it wont be our choice, you will be literally forcing us to choose between "submit to your idea" (which in my opinion is a wrong one) or simply leave (which is bad for your business).

- All realms will receive a gold squish of 50%:

This is also a wrong idea in my opinion. Because i have free time, i know how to make gold, i know how to "choose" a business in game terms. I know this wont have the slightiest effect on me, when january becomes closer i will have alredy less than 10-15k gold because ill have a ****load of living steels, enchanting materials, glyphs, etc. My losses will be nothing and even if they were big, i would recover because i have more free time than most people playing here, if you put a "toll" on me because i make gold? it makes no difference to me.
    On the other hand, as i said earlier most people choose this rates because they have quite less time to play... reducing their EARNINGS (because its not like they begged or they bugged or they exploited to have it) just for the sake of having less numbers its quite stupid. Most of my friends even didnt understood the earlier changes but they got pissed on this by saying "So they will just take half my gold because there is a lot of gold in movement? Then why am i trying to save a little bit for a mount or a gear piece?"

You think prices will go down but everybody here can tell you prices adjust to the demand and offer, if you raise the demand and at the same time lower the offer prices will simply skyrocket on the things that currently have low offer (low level mats of Enchanting,leathers from lvl50-70, some rare gems from lvl50, etc). I can totally see people paying more than 800-1k gold for Greater Eternal Essences even with the gold squish and the rates lowering in gold only because they are currently rare and they will be even further more rare.

This changes are not good... i just hope they cancel them, but my team are sure that if they dont... they will simply leave because this is not what they choose.

6. So, you're saying that they want to kill a realm with 1k pop, but they definitely want to keep the PvP realm with 100 players online... You should write a conspiracy book about something... anything... that logic is superb.
    Since they wanted the so called merge proposal, both realms started dying because the entire focus was icecrown. Lord was at max pop + 2k in queue > icecrown got released > lord + all other realms lost almost half pop cuz they all went to icecrown due to high rates and dev focus. I have a strong feeling the staff regrets making icecrown because they lost the population focus to their beloved realm (lord) hence dropping the rates (this is not conspiracy, it is pure logic and follow up on events) what do you think will happen to those 1k 2k pop realms after they drop rates without adding all the content? Most of the ppl that were pittily staying here hoping for something will leave either to wotlk (which suits them) or retail.

And they dont keep low pop pvp realms because they are kind and cuddly, they keep them because of AT, losing AT's player base would not be cute for molten. But somewhere in the financial future there wont be a need to host <1k pve realms that bring little profit and cost a lot to maintain, just because there are some nostalgic bads that still play it, thats when u'll see another announcement where u got no choice but to do as they want, much like now.

Maybe for u its a conspiracy, but given that ive been with molten since 2011 i kinda know what happened in the past.

7. Since they wanted the so called merge proposal, both realms started dying because the entire focus was icecrown. Lord was at max pop + 2k in queue > icecrown got released > lord + all other realms lost almost half pop cuz they all went to icecrown due to high rates and dev focus. I have a strong feeling the staff regrets making icecrown because they lost the population focus to their beloved realm (lord) hence dropping the rates (this is not conspiracy, it is pure logic and follow up on events) what do you think will happen to those 1k 2k pop realms after they drop rates without adding all the content? Most of the ppl that were pittily staying here hoping for something will leave either to wotlk (which suits them) or retail.

And they dont keep low pop pvp realms because they are kind and cuddly, they keep them because of AT, losing AT's player base would not be cute for molten. But somewhere in the financial future there wont be a need to host <1k pve realms that bring little profit and cost a lot to maintain, just because there are some nostalgic bads that still play it, thats when u'll see another announcement where u got no choice but to do as they want, much like now.

Maybe for u its a conspiracy, but given that ive been with molten since 2011 i kinda know what happened in the past.
    Well at least to keep pvp healthy and competitive they squish all cp to 0 (for majority of player) and honor to 40 anyway.

8. In a way it contradicts said promise from kear wolf after moltdown.

Quoting a staffer, warmane is their playground and your just playing in it, don't like the rules, you can leave the playground.

But yes, there are people doing the unthinkable to get as much gold possible before change. But who needs gold when you have unquestionable power at just a key stroke, and more powee due to older dungeons, I can smell the exploits already :)

9. In a way it contradicts said promise from kear wolf after moltdown.

Quoting a staffer, warmane is their playground and your just playing in it, don't like the rules, you can leave the playground.

But yes, there are people doing the unthinkable to get as much gold possible before change. But who needs gold when you have unquestionable power at just a key stroke, and more powee due to older dungeons, I can smell the exploits already :)
    Amen to that, brotha!

10. If this will solve the AH prices then sure go for it. I mean people charging 8k gold for a lvl 15 item just because itțs a transmog item? For ****țs sake. Thatțs ****ing insane. Also canțt get transmog gear off the store anymore, Some transmog gear quests arențt working. How is a guy supposed to find something good unless he uses vote points or coins. Really?

11. The devil wants you to play

I will be one of the most affected people by the gold squish: Losing 4,5 million gold on Frostwolf and 300k gold on Icecrown. To be honest: I don't care. I don't need the gold, it was just fun for me to experiment with the economy. You can buy everything you need if you read a bit and make few good decisions, you don't have to go into such an overkill that I went into. With the changes, the dynamics of the economy will alter, and I like that, because I have already absorbed everything there is. To note: Making this much gold did not take much time, really, you neither have to be Einstein nor insane to do that.

If anyone creates so many characters that they cannot accomodate them, being unable to make enough gold, and feels affected by the squish, honestly, they might have a greater problem than the gold squish.

Sum up in TL;DR format:
    - gold squish: no problem;

- weapon rate: no problem, just stand there and hit something;

- profession rate: no problem, if you don't have 50 chars (i.e., you yourself might have a problem in that case); IMO, though, it should be changed to 3x, because 1x is truly annoying; for example, leveling enchanting on FW took me some 1,5 hour, I am willing to give it 2 or 3, totally not willing to give it 5 or more (fok that, really);

- reputation rate: this might be a problem, the one thing that would discourage me from coming to the server and start playing anew at MOP; though, it would not discourage me from playing at WOTLK, because the gains now are funny - all reps to max in 1,5 hour; yet, it would be nice if the rep changed to 2x or 3x, not 1x;

I also noticed that the staff is quite weary by the shizzstorm that commences whenever they do anything. Players could be a bit more accomodating and grateful. Chats with Proterean were sometimes just sad. Your staff will not do better work if you throw shizz at them whenver you can.

Cheers.

12. The best course of action, want until that day comes and give it a few weeks.

See how things turn out. End of story.

13. We are playing on Warmane, its their own thing if they wanna do this or not. If you dont like it then simply learn to like it or leave. Its their community they can do whatever they want and if they chose to play alone they will play alone. Im not saying im up for the stuff they will do but we cant change anything. Also gold squish can be just a trick so people waste the gold and then they just ignore what they announced. All in all, world can dissapear in 2 seconds so why worry about things that havent even happened lol

First ... 234