1. How to counter/dodge the gold squish on January 1, 2017 guide

Since Warmane decided to have the [insert adjective here] idea to [insert verb here] their own servers economy, i will give you some ideas to counter/dodge the gold nerf:

Converting gold to Mats and resell them after 1 January 2017 system:

- Buy Ores (Elementium Ore, Obsidium Ore, Pyrite Ore), prospect them, craft rings with Jewel Crafting, and DE them all, stack all the mats in bank, AH with really high price, or on mail of your different chars, and resell them after gold nerf.

- Craft flasks (Flask of Titanic Strength, Flask of the Draconic Mind, Flask of the Winds) stack them and resell after the gold nerf.

- Craft enchants (just the popular ones) with Enchanting Vellum stack and resell them after gold nerf.

- Craft Inferno Rubies with Alchemy, stack and resell them after gold nerf.

The goal is to get the gold near to 0 and the banks/mails full of mats to resell after and recover the gold.

You don't have to invest everything, lets say for example you have 500k gold, if you invest 250k gold on mats, you will be only losing 125k which is better than losing 250k.

Another possible ways/systems to counter/dodge the gold squish:

- Mail the gold between characters (according to some staff posts this won't work)

The gold squish won't benefit anything, it will just make people to want even more gold due to the 50% nerf caused by Warmane Rules, and all the prices in general will go even higher, which means great time to sell them.

Good luck to anyone who will lose 50% of their gold, hope they give you at least the chance to vote for that.

Spoiler: Show
    Greetings Warmane community,

After long brainstorming sessions and internal review of the current realms' state we have come to a few conclusions that we would like to share with you. Feedback, as always, is very much welcome and appreciated and will always be put in consideration. The changes mostly reflect the economy on the realms, current state of realms' rates and the future realms hold.

On October 1, 2016 we will be reducing some of the realm rates to further accommodate the concept of blizz-like and improve overall players' enjoyment. The changes will be mainly affecting profession skill ups, reputation rates and weapon skill ups whilst the gold rate will remain increased to be in sync with the players' progress due to higher experience rates.

The realms that will be affected are Icecrown, Neltharion and Frostwolf and the rates that will be set are the following:

Experience: x7
    Gold rate from x7 to x3
    Weapon skills from x5 to x3
    Profession rate from x5 to x1
    Reputation rate from x7 to x1

To further improve the economies on our realms, as previously announced in the Lordaeron information thread, based on community suggestions and wishes we noted introducing a gold squish mechanic to maintain competitive auction house pricing and a healthy realm economy over the long term, as Warmane does not introduce gold into the economy through any means.

With that information, we have concluded that all realms will receive a gold squish of 50% on January 1, 2017 giving players plenty of time to use up their reserves before we commence the first gold squish.

What this means is every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved.

Kind regards
    Warmane

Tips for after gold cut market effects:
    - Avoid to sell stuff during the first few months unless they are the same(or a bit lower) prices they used to be before the gold cut.
    - Even if they prices of most mats/items go lower they will increase few weeks later.

Good prices to buy mats:
    Votalile Life - 60g each or lower
    Cataclysm Ores - 5-6g each or lower
    Cataclysm Cloth - 5-6g each or lower
    Hypnotic Dust - 10g each or lower
    Greater Celestial Essence - 125g each or lower
    Heavenly Shard - 100g each or lower
    Maelstrom Crystal - 200g each or lower
    Inferno Rubies - 400g each or lower
    Volatile Fire and Water - 25-50g each (it depends some botters actually make the price go really low due to the abusive supply)
    Cinderbloom - 5g each or lower
    Whiptaill - 3-5g each or lower
    Stormvine - 10g each or lower
    Azshara's Veil, Heartblossom, Twilight Jasmine - 20g each or lower
    Nightstone, Hessonite, Jasper, Alicite - 5-10g each or lower
    Carnelian - 50g each or lower
    Glyphs - 150-300g or lower
    Edited: September 3, 2016

2. only thing that helps is fortune card "you will be rich!".
    Anyway, does it feel bad to be so butthurt about a 50% gold cut?

3. only thing that helps is fortune card "you will be rich!".
    Anyway, does it feel bad to be so butthurt about a 50% gold cut?
    Butthurt about a dying server with no updates and a senseless 50% gold nerf?
    LOL, ofc not, just giving suggestions how to counter something that i don't agree which is the 50% gold nerf.

4. You can also send ingame mail from one char to another, there's no way they can "squish" the gold that way.

5. You can also send ingame mail from one char to another, there's no way they can "squish" the gold that way.
    If this works, it's indeed a great idea, added to the main post, thanks!

6. You can also send ingame mail from one char to another, there's no way they can "squish" the gold that way.
    and they'll make sure to include all mail gold as well because you wisely mentioned it on forums

7. and they'll make sure to include all mail gold as well because you wisely mentioned it on forums
    Nah bro, it's against the law to open ingame mail and take out items. It's punishable by jail time 5-6 years. ^^

8. but yes in general don't keep gold, keep valuables because they still won't drop in price by 50%... at least not at first

9. and they'll make sure to include all mail gold as well because you wisely mentioned it on forums
    True, but lets have the hope they have the ability figure out how pathetic this gold nerf idea is, and how it doesn't make any sense, and how unfair it is.

If they goal is the reduce in general the prices of each item in game, would make more sense to limit max gold price allowed to each specific material, or make it easier to get each specific item they want to reduce the prices and even doing this it's a REALLY bad idea.

Now idk about the other servers, but cataclysm it's not doing good, but when a lot of max level content is bugged and unavailable after so many months/years and they still even try to apply gold nerf (something that shouldn't never be allowed, even more suggested by the administration of servers), bad things will happen.

But it's their servers so they do what they want and everyone need to learn to deal with it, or find ways to counter that, that's the main objective of this topic.

Btw i think i never saw measures like this in World of Warcraft, imho things like this it only destroy and nor make anything better to anyone.
    Edited: August 29, 2016

10. True, but lets have the hope they have the ability figure out how pathetic this gold nerf idea is, and how it doesn't make any sense, and how unfair it is.
    unfair? everyone loses 50% of gold and rates go down even more than by 50%. the only unfairness is that people with low gold to begin with will be struggling even more but will pick up after a few weeks

If they goal is the reduce in general the prices of each item in game, would make more sense to limit max gold price allowed to each specific material, or make it easier to get each specific item they want to reduce the prices and even doing this it's a REALLY bad idea.
    this level of economy control is, quite frankly, ******ed and does away with the whole idea of an actual economy when there's literally "yea the best I can do for 20 Gold Bars is 50g" all you could do is undercut, but why try when you know the time it took to get that amount of ore is not worth the meager few gold you pick up after the auction takes their cut off from the sum as well... plus it's impossible to implement without massively ****ing up the auction and making things lag even more than they already do

Now idk about the other servers, but cataclysm it's not doing good, but when a lot of max level content is bugged and unavailable after so many months/years and they still even try to apply gold nerf (something that shouldn't never be allowed, even more suggested by the administration of servers), bad things will happen.
    they are opening quest zones and have already opened most of the older instances - what more do you want? (actually check here for a list of basically everything we still need to get and make your pick)
    and the gold nerf, while not something necessary, is happening and they won't change their mind... they could EASILY open the old Lottery system again and have us spend our boattons of gold on tickets to obtain legendary and rare/unobtainable mounts but it seems they've decided against it, why I don't know and they haven't given a reason on any of the threads I've gone through

Btw i think i never saw measures like this in World of Warcraft, imho things like this it only destroy and nor make anything better to anyone.
    Blizzard combats inflation with something quite simple, regular expansion... by the time the economy would start getting out of hand, they launch a new expansion with higher gold drops and an entire new load of items and materials to gather and resell... the higher gold drops allow for the new players to get enough gold to function in less time... they basically completely reset their economy every 1-2 years

11. Warmane staff needs to understand what exactly cause the lower prices on each type of material on AH which is events like:
    - Excessive supply vs demand at some specific time
    - The constant lack of demand of some specific material vs the constant supply of that specific material
    - There is also people that undercut by alot like -25%/-50% of the average price, but they are really rare (sadly :P) and they get their items instant bought really fast

Now we know not everyone uses AH addons, but let's imagine everyone used, everyone will probably be undercutting by the lowest margin possible(1 copper) to get their profit first, but if the price is still high only people that really need and some others with a lot of gold will be able to sacrifice to pay a higher price

Now if you remove the people's gold, their main objective it will be to recover first their lost (removed by unfair way) gold, and then they start buying things at possible higher prices. (lets be honest, low, normal prices are rare, and that is something that will never change)

But if you increase the drops rate, it will be easier for people to make gold and then easier to buy items/materials at normal or higher prices.

Something that Warmane needs to monitor is people doing market control, let's say the average price of Volatile of Life is 70g, there is people that will auto buy volatiles of life at 60g or less automatically even if they have 10000 vols of life at the bank.

Even if everyone looses 50% is still unfair, no one should have their gold removed for any reason unless Farm botting like fish bots. Which there are, and there's nothing being done about that on Warmane, easy way to track them, it's the amount of supply some users do on AH like 20 stacks of volatile fire or water in stacks of x200.

The system i suggested before is absurd the one of max price allowed per item, but still it's less absurd than the senseless 50% gold cut on everyone's pocket. (Curiosity: people who donated to buy gold with coins, how do they will feel after the gold cut?)

Just to give you an example i had days when i saw ores stacks at 100-120g i bought like 300++ stacks in a day, do you know how many i bought at 7g? Zero. Which means eventually if no ones buys (low chance to happen) it will make them to lower the prices, what happens when they lower it to 5-6g? i buy all, even if i have to invest 40k or more gold on AH, do you know how much gold those 300 stacks of ore will give me? 5 hours of pain plus, let's imagine i invest 40k i will get at the end 120k gold or more.

Smart players and smart gold farmers know their markets as they do their prices, if the prices go really low, there will be intensive/abusive market control, it there is an excessive supply at higher than average prices, eventually they go lower.. or not.

Markets like WoW markets will never and i repeat NEVER be stable, there is no way you can control that even if something looks to work temporary, and if someone tries to "fix" the market it will end up doing more warn than anything good.

The only possible way to fix the market would be something like the NPCs, where you can buy endless amount of something and the price is always the same no matter what if there is people supplying the market or not but this would be Custom Content and would kill the economy in less than 24 hours.

12. Spoiler: Show
    After long brainstorming sessions and internal review of the current realms' state we have come to a few conclusions that we would like to share with you. Feedback, as always, is very much welcome and appreciated and will always be put in consideration. The changes mostly reflect the economy on the realms, current state of realms' rates and the future realms hold.

On October 1, 2016 we will be reducing some of the realm rates to further accommodate the concept of blizz-like and improve overall players' enjoyment. The changes will be mainly affecting profession skill ups, reputation rates and weapon skill ups whilst the gold rate will remain increased to be in sync with the players' progress due to higher experience rates.

The realms that will be affected are Icecrown, Neltharion and Frostwolf and the rates that will be set are the following:

Experience: x7
    Gold rate from x7 to x3
    Weapon skills from x5 to x3
    Profession rate from x5 to x1
    Reputation rate from x7 to x1

To further improve the economies on our realms, as previously announced in the Lordaeron information thread, based on community suggestions and wishes we noted introducing a gold squish mechanic to maintain competitive auction house pricing and a healthy realm economy over the long term, as Warmane does not introduce gold into the economy through any means.

With that information, we have concluded that all realms will receive a gold squish of 50% on January 1, 2017 giving players plenty of time to use up their reserves before we commence the first gold squish.

What this means is every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved.

---

Thank you for your feedback, we have carefully read and responded to most comments. However please keep in mind that "squish" and "slowdown" changes mentioned in the topic are aimed at making Warmane offer a more welcoming experience to newcomers and benefiting all communities in the long run by maintaining a long-term balance and health of our realms' economies, reducing inflation, encouraging market competitivenes as well as promoting gathering professions to be in use as they were intended.

Keep in mind that we allow a very generous grace period for all changes. There is plenty of time to level professions on your characters at x7 rates as well as spend your gold until 2017.

As an added note, we would like also to mention that both our Cataclysm realms and Mists of Pandaria realms are receiving dedicated development in these areas. We are providing old content, fixing it where we can, fixing up quests (currently rewriting Cataclysm zones in their entirety and will port to Mists of Pandaria) and working actively on making it a better experience. There should and will not be any gaps where lowered rates will prevent players from achieving their goals.

Lets keep this very simple so according to Warmane staff logic, they expect to "fix" the market with a gold cut in their perspective,

Now lets show them the player view how they think what's going to happen after 1 January.

I won't be playing anymore here but this is irrelevant information, but if i logged on 1 January (idk if the auction house will be cleared or not, like all the auctions removed or not)

I log on my char, check what mats i want to sell on AH and analyse the market prices at that time and check what i want buy or not.

Now let's imagine i'm the first person logging in, i see the AH may be cleared of any auctions, and i have for example 50 stacks of Hypnotic Dust, 10 stacks of Greater Celestial Essence that i want to sell, as we know AH may be cleared or not, what prices will i choose? the ones i have from memory and AH addons analyses or will i go really low on prices? I guess we all know the answer don't we? if something sell well at x price why would i go any lower?

Maybe Warmane logic is if i have less gold i will pay less for mats, but they forgot it's possible to do 10k hour while herbing in Uldum, or ORE to rings and DE them, or fishing, the gold cut may promote indirectly fishing bot or other type of bots usage. Anyway, the point is it will work at the begin, but eventually it will adapt to what it was before. And that transition will be fast because more people will be farming mats and gold. (does it worth to create this instability?)

Now another perspective let's imagine i had 20000g before the nerf, now i have 10000g, and i have the same items to sell like on the example before, same questions, am i going to sell cheaper than the normal prices that used to sell well? even after losing 10k gold against my choice to keep the gold. Does this logic make any sense to you?

I would love you read your opinions guys if you were on this situation from this 2 examples.

The questions:
    - Will you reduce the price of the stuff you used to sell well at an old specific price? like specific material will you sell at 50g if they sell well at 60g-70g?
    - What effect will the gold reduction have on your behaviour when you have to post things on AH again?
    - After losing 50% of your gold, does that make you somehow decide to sell things cheaper or more expensive?
    - Does the amount of gold you have, influence the prices you're able to pay for?
    - Will you do market control and the begin and wait for the prices to go higher?

13. actually there is one very huge flaw in your idea that took me a while to figure out...

if, let's say these 'tips' spread all around the realm and they will... people will pay more for mats now than they normally would to "squirrel" them away which will lead to a shortage of all kinds of mats in the game until after the gold cut

additionally... and here's the kicker:

after everyone has done this and has 2k gold left before the gold cut... who the flying heck will have the money to actually buy anything?

14. after everyone has done this and has 2k gold left before the gold cut... who the flying heck will have the money to actually buy anything?
    Pretty much this.

15. They already said "every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved."
    Read it here : http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=339560

Solution :
    Just make sure you have odd(1,3,5.....,99) coppers on ur character before squish, they cant half 1 extra odd copper.

So after squish u will be left with extra 0.5 copper on ur char. Repeat this on every char, and you have few extra coppers.

123 ... Last