1. Im wondering, after the squish is marketplace Coins price in gold going to be lowered to 50% ?
    No? So was that the real purpose of everything, to increase coins value? :))

2. Im wondering, after the squish is marketplace Coins price in gold going to be lowered to 50% ?
    the "real purpose" was to allow players to get some gold/items from other players by spending coins
    the "real purpose" was to allow players to get some coins from other players by offering their gold/items
    whichever side of the coin you want to look at

3. Cool, looks like earned one infraction point. Can I use it to buy some cool mount from the market? xD
    No cool mounts, but if you gather two more it will automatically be exchanged for a shiny new ban, completely free of charge.

Im wondering, after the squish is marketplace Coins price in gold going to be lowered to 50% ?
    You got us. I mean... we do have control of the Marketplace code, so we could simply increase the minimum value a coin could be sold for gold instead of halving it, changing rates and all else... but then how could we go on with the plan? This is just part of a global-scale inside job to distract people from the fact 9/11 was caused by mind-control chem trail testing. Fnord.

4. No cool mounts, but if you gather two more it will automatically be exchanged for a shiny new ban, completely free of charge.
    Shiny new ban... wtb.
    Edited: September 16, 2016

5. Im wondering, after the squish is marketplace Coins price in gold going to be lowered to 50% ?
    Wait, what???

The real purpose would be to "kill" inflation that's already going rampage on every realm there is. But to be honest, that won't even matter to the newcomers since they won't be able to purchase riding lessons, let alone gear for rdf hc. Thing that matters the most would be Dragonmaw reputation that won't be possible to be completed at all. - You can do 2 quest in order to obtain tabard and do an insane amount of grind fest in Halls of Origination and Grim Batol and reach Exalted in a matter of 3-4 days.
    That could all be well avoided if devs could fix the quest http://www.wowhead.com/quest=26294/w...ss-dysfunction so people can do the Twilight Highlands chain quest that "works" . No matter how many "upvotes" it has on bugtracker, it's not being fixed at all.

And yes, I do know one could always buy the Honor Points enchant, but that's not the point. ^^

Good thing I leveled up professions quickly on my other alts so I can farm mats to sell gear and gems dirt cheap after the "squish \ delete", before the reputation goes down.

6. Thing that matters the most would be Dragonmaw reputation that won't be possible to be completed at all. - You can do 2 quest in order to obtain tabard and do an insane amount of grind fest in Halls of Origination and Grim Batol and reach Exalted in a matter of 3-4 days.
    hordes are lucky there... 2 working quests... alliance only has one... and an endless grind in Twin Peaks to friendly... then tabard

Good thing I leveled up professions quickly on my other alts so I can farm mats to sell gear and gems dirt cheap after the "squish \ delete", before the reputation goes down.
    you're so casual, haha I have at least 2x every prof right now... with like 30 alts... professions are what make a boring leveling route more fun... not anymore after the rates get nerfed tho, no more gather+craft prof for my new chars... assuming the staff comes through with what proterean promised and actually lets us still play the game properly without all reps becoming an insane grind with tabards because of 0 dailies and barely any quests

also:
    The concerns for Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria reputation issues are valid. We are internally testing all the reputations on both expansions and checking how the reputation decrease will affect them. It will be a priority to fix up gaps and make them completely doable prior to the reputation decrease rate. It is not in our interest to make those things unplayable.
    Edited: September 16, 2016

7. you're so casual, haha I have at least 2x every prof right now... with like 30 alts... professions are what make a boring leveling route more fun... not anymore after the rates get nerfed tho, no more gather+craft prof for my new chars... assuming the staff comes through with what proterean promised and actually lets us still play the game properly without all reps becoming an insane grind with tabards because of 0 dailies and barely any quests
    Yep, that's me. Filthy casual. :D

Good to know they are testing... For science. ^^

8. Damn guys. Read all 6 pages of this junk. Let's get back to the issue that the topic was brought on.

So. Gold is going to be squished by 50%. When that happens(I doubt they're going to change their minds at this point) what are you going to do? You come into 2k17, ready to go, start the new year, maybe finally go level that alt in the corner you've been denying(I'm doing it right now) and you notice your 5,000 gold is now 2,500 gold. Now what?

You have a few options.

-1] Cry and complain on the forums and talk about how unfair it is and how bad it was for the economy of the server.
    -2] Go into the website marketplace and buy more to bring into the server.
    -3] Go farm and use your professions to earn it back and get to your feet wet again.
    -4] Quit playing.

Now, in thought.......

Option 1 - That isn't going to solve anything and you might be dumb enough to get a ban based on your stupid post(I don't mean the post itself, I mean the way you go about it.) Again. Not going anywhere.

Option 2 - If you go buy gold to bring into the server, that means you've brought value in the economy because you have money to spend and pay for services, example being, having someone make you armor by smithing and/or tailoring, having someone enchant the armor, going and buying elixirs and such in the AH that you need, so on and so on.

Option 3 - Again, by going and farming the mats and creating goods that you can sell, and services you can offer, you create things for people to buy, and thus you create a source of economics that the server can live on. So someone that went Option 2's route, becomes your customer, because they have the gold to spend, and YOU have the services.

Option 4 - Have fun.

In short....either way we're going to have to do something. So gold squish or not, we have to work for it in the end.

9. There might be one goal of Warmane that people might be overlooking and they might not make completely obvious so not to upset us.

This could actually be a business decision, one that stomps on the users and actually destroys the economy/makes the game way harder for us.

1. Reputation cuts make it harder to get reputation gear.
    2. Profession cuts make it harder to build gear + makes it harder to obtain.
    3. Gold supply now makes it insanely easy to build a new toon for long time players so cutting it would make it more difficult.

So the easiest alternative instead of painfully leveling a character, instead of rep grinding like crazy, instead of killing yourself to level a profession, and instead of gold farming the rest of your life to buy stuff.... YOU DONATE! You can donate to do any of those things instantly. Right now well you don't have to because it's easy.

Let's wake up for a second and realize that this small group of people on a private server do not even closely resemble the economy of a country, state, or city. Getting these things cut just plain sucks and will mess up the gameplay that this audience wants. It doesn't solve any economic issues because honestly there are none. Aren't you guys happy with the gameplay as it is now? So that would mean Warmane is making their own mind to do exactly what none of us want them to do. Weird right? Stabilizing the economy and making things blizzlike makes no sense for a private server like this. Sounds like a bad cover up to me for a stealthy business decision.

To avoid any cut ya just simply convert to online currency and then buy it back after. Max out any toons now with what you need. It shouldn't affect us that much for quite a while since new customer base isn't increasing much in Cataclysm.

10. There might be one goal of Warmane that people might be overlooking and they might not make completely obvious so not to upset us.

This could actually be a business decision, one that stomps on the users and actually destroys the economy/makes the game way harder for us.

1. Reputation cuts make it harder to get reputation gear.
    2. Profession cuts make it harder to build gear + makes it harder to obtain.
    3. Gold supply now makes it insanely easy to build a new toon for long time players so cutting it would make it more difficult.

So the easiest alternative instead of painfully leveling a character, instead of rep grinding like crazy, instead of killing yourself to level a profession, and instead of gold farming the rest of your life to buy stuff.... YOU DONATE! You can donate to do any of those things instantly. Right now well you don't have to because it's easy.

Let's wake up for a second and realize that this small group of people on a private server do not even closely resemble the economy of a country, state, or city. Getting these things cut just plain sucks and will mess up the gameplay that this audience wants. It doesn't solve any economic issues because honestly there are none. Aren't you guys happy with the gameplay as it is now? So that would mean Warmane is making their own mind to do exactly what none of us want them to do. Weird right? Stabilizing the economy and making things blizzlike makes no sense for a private server like this. Sounds like a bad cover up to me for a stealthy business decision.

To avoid any cut ya just simply convert to online currency and then buy it back after. Max out any toons now with what you need. It shouldn't affect us that much for quite a while since new customer base isn't increasing much in Cataclysm.
    Completely agree with you.

11. -2] Go into the website marketplace and buy more to bring into the server
    you read the whole thread and still don't get what you just said is complete bullcrap

players put gold up for sale and other players buy it with coins... there is no inflation conspiracy by warmane so they can "steal" your gold every now and then

12. you read the whole thread and still don't get what you just said is complete bullcrap

players put gold up for sale and other players buy it with coins... there is no inflation conspiracy by warmane so they can "steal" your gold every now and then
    Never said there was, and really, "buying" it is subjective. Bringing it in, in some way, was the point.

*Edit

My entire point is that in the end you grind in SOME WAY for the gold. Whether its points, coins, AHing, whatever you do to get it, so now we have to deal with losing half of what we have. That's all I'm trying to boil down to.
    Edited: September 25, 2016

13. How does this get six pages? Gold is worthless and not because of "inflation".

14. How does this get six pages? Gold is worthless and not because of "inflation".
    gold buys us draconic minds so we can kill greenies

15. @OP flawed assumptions or sinister premeditation

You assume that hoarding mats now or dumping them on the AH on january 1st will not influence the ad hoc market price. Or maybe that is your intention so you can sell your stuff expensive to the hoarders.

First ... 456