1. So after squish u will be left with extra 0.5 copper on ur char. Repeat this on every char, and you have few extra coppers.
    more like a few gold... hahahahahahahahahahaha

oh what am I doing with my life

2. You could make 1 character per copper and lose nothing. :>

3. You could make 1 character per copper and lose nothing. :>
    and then spend hours logging from char to char to trade it to your main again? plus even to store '1 gold' you'd need 10k characters... so 100k gold is 1 mil chars... that would be 100k accounts... sorry but your cure is worse than the ailment

4. actually there is one very huge flaw in your idea that took me a while to figure out...

if, let's say these 'tips' spread all around the realm and they will... people will pay more for mats now than they normally would to "squirrel" them away which will lead to a shortage of all kinds of mats in the game until after the gold cut

additionally... and here's the kicker:

after everyone has done this and has 2k gold left before the gold cut... who the flying heck will have the money to actually buy anything?
    There is always gold coming in, from questing tol barad, to honor to gold convertion in dalaran, dungeons, raids.

And ofc i doubt that even more than 0.5-1% of the population will actually do things that were suggested in this topic.

5. And ofc i doubt that even more than 0.5-1% of the population will actually do things that were suggested in this topic.
    you'd be surprised at what people desperate to keep their gold will do

6. server is so dead, and more ppl will be leaving with the rates nerf + the gold drain, that u'll be selling all u've stacked for a year. ur only option will be selling all that **** for really low prices. i don't think neltharion will actually recover from all the nerfs

7. They already said "every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved."
    Read it here : http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=339560

Solution :
    Just make sure you have odd(1,3,5.....,99) coppers on ur character before squish, they cant half 1 extra odd copper.

So after squish u will be left with extra 0.5 copper on ur char. Repeat this on every char, and you have few extra coppers.
    And then it's rounded down instead.

8. And then it's rounded down instead.
    think most programs do that unless you make a point to round up so yea... lol

especially considering gold rates are going down by more than half

9. And then it's rounded down instead.
    I see you really don't want any gold inflation from secondary sources, now that's dedication!

10. think most programs do that unless you make a point to round up so yea... lol

especially considering gold rates are going down by more than half
    Hey islingr are u still playing on cata. If so why did u stop PvE

11. its just 50% gold cut i personnaly dont really mind it cuz i will collect the gold again and other people can do the same

12. Hey islingr are u still playing on cata. If so why did u stop PvE
    I didn't stop pve, I'm just on alts and alts' alts, priest is kind of chilling and waiting for a reason to go actively healing raids that are neither broken as **** or bugged as hell... but of course noone regularly does the only raid right now that works more or less as intended (FL first 6 bosses)

13. I dont mind losing half of my gold as i rarely use it anyway.

With that said, this whole things makes no sense at all.

The announcement says " as Warmane does not introduce gold into the economy through any means"...yet gold has been traded on marketplace for quite a long time. People paying real money (out of game currency) for in game currency. That's basically the same as some government printing money. IN came currency created out of this air...with nothing removed from the game someplace to compensate for it.

So when another guy asked in another thread if those that bought in game gold with out of game currency would be refunded or otherwise compensated in some way...it was quickly locked.

So here is my question for any mod reading, or otherwise someone that read the answer someplace else. After January 1st, no more gold will be available for purchase in marketplace with coins...correct? The state of deliberate inflation will end ( which is supposedly why this is being done in the first place) I would assume.

If not...and gold will still be available for purchase with coins....then this whole thing seems more about removing gold in game to spur for coin purchases to buy gold back ( more real money for game money, and building the same inflation right back up). I dont mean to accuse of some plot....but really allowing gold to be bought through warmane marketplace does the exact opposite (albiet slowly) of what the squish is intended to do.

14. I dont mind losing half of my gold as i rarely use it anyway.

With that said, this whole things makes no sense at all.

The announcement says " as Warmane does not introduce gold into the economy through any means"...yet gold has been traded on marketplace for quite a long time. People paying real money (out of game currency) for in game currency. That's basically the same as some government printing money. IN came currency created out of this air...with nothing removed from the game someplace to compensate for it.

So when another guy asked in another thread if those that bought in game gold with out of game currency would be refunded or otherwise compensated in some way...it was quickly locked.

So here is my question for any mod reading, or otherwise someone that read the answer someplace else. After January 1st, no more gold will be available for purchase in marketplace with coins...correct? The state of deliberate inflation will end ( which is supposedly why this is being done in the first place) I would assume.

If not...and gold will still be available for purchase with coins....then this whole thing seems more about removing gold in game to spur for coin purchases to buy gold back ( more real money for game money, and building the same inflation right back up). I dont mean to accuse of some plot....but really allowing gold to be bought through warmane marketplace does the exact opposite (albiet slowly) of what the squish is intended to do.
    i smell a real money scam. Other than that, right after squish its time to take neltharion behind a barn and shoot it.

15. The announcement says " as Warmane does not introduce gold into the economy through any means"...yet gold has been traded on marketplace for quite a long time. People paying real money (out of game currency) for in game currency. That's basically the same as some government printing money. IN came currency created out of this air...with nothing removed from the game someplace to compensate for it.
    hurr durr conspiracy

plot twist: PLAYERS PUT GOLD FOR SALE AND OTHER PLAYERS SPEND COINS TO BUY THAT GOLD

in other words, WARMANE DOES NOT SELL YOU GOLD, OTHER PLAYERS DO

First 1234 ... Last