1. It seems to me that only dmg of warriors is broken. I know it might be due to their gear, but I´ve never seen such damage on any other end-game wotlk server. Apart from warriors it´s just 6,5+ k GS wotlk. Bursty, but doable.
    Indeed warriors are the main problem. Even ret or DK with Shadowmourne and BiS gear are managable, whereas the warriors are just untankable and spam insane damage without bursting. If you add the class mechanics with ms, UA, double charge, kick etc you have an awfully broken class without any counterplay (the traditionnal counters are inefective in Icecrown purely due to the damage).

The issue comes from all the high end gear accessible, that scales way too much with warriors. All the warriors play with every single offset 277 or 284, the SM, and the double trinkets and fingers 277/284. They end up at 6k8gs when other classes are 6k2/6k3 max. They are supposed to be way squishier but it gives them so insane damage that the opposite team just can't play aggressively at all

No question why the pvp scene is such a joke, when half the players are the same clowns oneshotting everyone who has the bad idea to play something else than the warrior clone or full gear double dps
    Edited: September 11, 2016

2. Still, its way more bursty than MOP expansion.
    LOL no.
    Indeed warriors are the main problem. Even ret or DK with Shadowmourne and BiS gear are managable, whereas the warriors are just untankable and spam insane damage without bursting. If you add the class mechanics with ms, UA, double charge, kick etc you have an awfully broken class without any counterplay (the traditionnal counters are inefective in Icecrown purely due to the damage).

The issue comes from all the high end gear accessible, that scales way too much with warriors. All the warriors play with every single offset 277 or 284, the SM, and the double trinkets and fingers 277/284. They end up at 6k8gs when other classes are 6k2/6k3 max. They are supposed to be way squishier but it gives them so insane damage that the opposite team just can't play aggressively at all
    If they're good, sure. The window-lickers, however, are crying because they can't break my Sacred Shield.

3. The issue comes from all the high end gear accessible,
    issue ?
    Who told to you healers should be immortal 1vs1 ?
    Vanila healers were squishy and in need of constant protection, wich made games not about "how many healers your premade has".

4. LOL no.

If they're good, sure. The window-lickers, however, are crying because they can't break my Sacred Shield.
    no need to be good really, and if they can't break your sacred shield you probbly play against some ungeared or only pvp geared warrior

issue ?
    Vanila healers were squishy and in need of constant protection, wich made games not about "how many healers your premade has".
    I only speak about 2v2, when one war is able to spam constant damage on an afflilock (me) with 1100+ res + demon armor + soul link + sacred shield that a freecasting hpal is unable to sustain it's anormal

5. no need to be good really, and if they can't break your sacred shield you probbly play against some ungeared or only pvp geared warrior
    PvE geared Rogue. (near bis iirc) I think I may have screens of it still.

6. issue ?
    No one said healers should be immortal. Warriors DO insane amount of damage, and that's a fact.

ALSO, can anyone here answer me when did this become a thing? http://imgur.com/a/r4wm6

7. Warriors DO insane amount of damage, and that's a fact.
    Warriors do decent damage, lower than dLocks, eShamans, pve huntards and winged paladins.
    All that "omg so huge demeg" came only with Mortal strike, Overpower in cast and Pummel, what puts warriors on the next level compare to other damage dealing classes and makes em pure healer slayers.

8. Warriors do decent damage, lower than dLocks, eShamans, pve huntards and winged paladins.
    All that "omg so huge demeg" came only with Mortal strike, Overpower in cast and Pummel, what puts warriors on the next level compare to other damage dealing classes and makes em pure healer slayers.
    We found the warrior or the thread. If you make the effort I'm sure you can be even more delusionnal

9. Well we just asked the question. Yes, it´s bursty and yes, itś doable. Only warriors scale too much/ are generally op/ might be broken. This is the true and everyone except for some biased warrior players and/or their teammates knows that. So don´t get triggered right away, we all have the opportunity to buy bis warrior and pwn :)

10. Warriors do decent damage, lower than dLocks, eShamans, pve huntards and winged paladins.
    When you said PVE huntards and winged paladins, I automatically assumed you are talking about BGs and therefore you're not worthy of my time anymore.

11. We found the warrior or the thread.
    Ow ow sorry for not joining your "worriars makes us cry" club tho i'am playing rogue.

12. It appears to me that there's a tempest made against warriors for poor reasons. I don't like them either, but damn, lets settle down, shall we?

The warrior itself doesn't have much burst to distribute, it's their equipments which allows them to become some unstoppable killing rocket, as they suffer the most upgrades upon gearing and gearing. In my opinion, I think hunters and destro locks (and perhaps ret paladins) had always the most burst throughout the wotlk seasons. Lets see, hunter or destro lock with lvl 200 gear will already inflict some damage, while a warrior will do pratically nothing. (Un)fortunately, we can buy BiS gear, and I suppose melee classes, yeah, especially warriors, are those who benefited the most.

When you said PVE huntards and winged paladins, I automatically assumed you are talking about BGs and therefore you're not worthy of my time anymore.
    BGs, arenas, duels, open world PvP, wherever there's PvP involved. Why is there such hostility about battlegrounds? Well yeah, I get it, nubs playing, disorganized crap, etc. Just don't tell me you're one of those players who say that PvP is all about arenas and rating please

13. BGs, arenas, duels, open world PvP, wherever there's PvP involved. Why is there such hostility about battlegrounds? Well yeah, I get it, nubs playing, disorganized crap, etc. Just don't tell me you're one of those players who say that PvP is all about arenas and rating please
    Well, you kinda answered your question. BGs are good and challenging if it's a GvG, but queuing random BG is aids 99% of the time. Same can be said for open world, it's mostly just farming low levels, for which I (and any sane person) couldn't care less. Duels are a fun way to pass time, but that's it... Sure, all these things are some form of PvP, but arena, even with all the cheating and wintrading, is still much more challenging than anything you've named.

14. Well, you kinda answered your question. BGs are good and challenging if it's a GvG, but queuing random BG is aids 99% of the time. Same can be said for open world, it's mostly just farming low levels, for which I (and any sane person) couldn't care less. Duels are a fun way to pass time, but that's it... Sure, all these things are some form of PvP, but arena, even with all the cheating and wintrading, is still much more challenging than anything you've named.
    Sure cuz fighting 3v1 in a bg or open world is not challenging, having under control 1-2 opponents while you crush some other means nothing

Just play other thing than ret/dk/war

15. Leave him, he is standart "only arena matters" elitist not wothy argueing with.

First 1234 Last