1. Do you guys enjoy the Icecrown pvp damage level?

I love WOTLK as an expansion, and I *want* to love WOTLK pvp on Warmane. But I end up spending most of my time doing pvp on the Warmane Cata and especially MoP realms since I find that the amount of damage you see on those realms isn't quite as extreme relative to health pools as you see in Icecrown bgs.

On the later expansions, you have more time to play your toon and make decisions before dying. My experience on Icecrown bgs has been that most of the time you're either the windshield or the bug- either way someone is probably going to get crushed in a hurry. Very often in a huge zerg fight where the individual makes little difference.

But I see that Icecrown has a lot more players than the newer expansions, so obviously a lot of people disagree. Do those who pvp on Icecrown do so because they like the damage levels or in spite of it?

2. That's because of PvE items. Fully PvP geared people wouldn't do as much dmg. On the other side, isn't Cata on 4.3 patch also a burstfest?

3. That's because of PvE items. Fully PvP geared people wouldn't do as much dmg. On the other side, isn't Cata on 4.3 patch also a burstfest?
    Rogues with Vial of Shadows are pretty insane, I'll give you that. But it seems like with the 170k or so health we have when fully geared, there's more room to survive than on WOTLK. Also, I play a hunter on Cata and if you can kite you can get away from a lot of the damage. So that may alter my perception, though I play a hunter on WOTLK as well, and it seems to die faster there.

Of course, I like MoP most of all since, even with fully geared players, it seems like the survivability is much better.

4. cata is def slower paced but mop as i remember on retail was wotlk levels of ******ed, ive killed ppl 400k+ hp many times in 2-3 seconds with enh shama

5. cata is def slower paced but mop as i remember on retail was wotlk levels of ******ed, ive killed ppl 400k+ hp many times in 2-3 seconds with enh shama
    I spent most of my time on Frostwolf, and people die way slower there than on Icecrown.

6. Ambush would benefit from a damage buff. But apart from that damage seems fine.

7. Wotlk is just more bursty than cata and mop because Blizz designed its PvP in such a way.
    Even if there was no pve gear available on wotlk it would be still more bursty than the other expansions.

8. I love WOTLK as an expansion, and I *want* to love WOTLK pvp on Warmane. But I end up spending most of my time doing pvp on the Warmane Cata and especially MoP realms since I find that the amount of damage you see on those realms isn't quite as extreme relative to health pools as you see in Icecrown bgs.

On the later expansions, you have more time to play your toon and make decisions before dying. My experience on Icecrown bgs has been that most of the time you're either the windshield or the bug- either way someone is probably going to get crushed in a hurry. Very often in a huge zerg fight where the individual makes little difference.

But I see that Icecrown has a lot more players than the newer expansions, so obviously a lot of people disagree. Do those who pvp on Icecrown do so because they like the damage levels or in spite of it?
    I like oneshotting people yeah .

9. Using only 1% of the brain is more than enough to understand this - The ammount of players with donated bis gear (Icc hc and such) and the ammount of those PvP'ing with very low resillience are something I've never seen before
    You guys try to solo some decent healer (not some mongoloid) with 1300+ resi or so, and we'll see the outcome

10. Using only 1% of the brain is more than enough to understand this - The ammount of players with donated bis gear (Icc hc and such) and the ammount of those PvP'ing with very low resillience are something I've never seen before
    You guys try to solo some decent healer (not some mongoloid) with 1300+ resi or so, and we'll see the outcome
    Spriest, any lock, any mage will melt healers even with pvp gear, assuming you bind more than 3 buttons.

11. Spriest, any lock, any mage will melt healers even with pvp gear, assuming you bind more than 3 buttons.
    We, at least me, are talking about 1-2 shotting (a kill in less than 5-7 seconds) issues in PvP. Obviously anyone can melt healers, especially classes which can heal, sp, ret, dk, locks, blabla, etc, which still takes some time, but that's more unpredictable than expected. Doesn't matter, clicker or full binded, we're assuming it's same skill

12. We, at least me, are talking about 1-2 shotting (a kill in less than 5-7 seconds) issues in PvP.
    U must be lock or warrior :)

Anyways once ur bis its easy to shatter newbs.But more exped players will give you much more trouble with cc,and utilities.

I wish entire damage on Icecrown was reduced by 10-15%.Would be so much better and healthier for community.

13. U must be lock or warrior :)
    You're wrong in both guesses, I play a rogue. And no, I don't speak in just one class' point of view, well, at least I try not to, but it ain't all that easy, you know...
    As Bis, you will rape every nub, fact. Being icc hc geared (and 4/5 wrathfull as lots of players use) will definately give you a huge burst, but I keep saying, you won't kill decent healers so fast. Oh I know, I challenge any BiS player to duel a healer from top 2s rating, lets see if I'm wrong about this

I already said this on other 2 different topics, it's not exactly damage being too high or resillience broken, it's about what people equip. And these 1-shotting issues always happened in every patch I played, vanilla, tbc and wotlk

14. It seems to me that only dmg of warriors is broken. I know it might be due to their gear, but I´ve never seen such damage on any other end-game wotlk server. Apart from warriors it´s just 6,5+ k GS wotlk. Bursty, but doable.

15. Using only 1% of the brain is more than enough to understand this - The ammount of players with donated bis gear (Icc hc and such) and the ammount of those PvP'ing with very low resillience are something I've never seen before
    Still, its way more bursty than MOP expansion.

123 ... Last