1. Downfall of AT!

Hello, I've been playing on AT since before even Malaco bought it, since TBC when WOTLK was considered for TBC players whatever CATA and further patches are considered for AT players right now. The thing is, the server was amazing, just what I was looking for, PVP only with extremely once again EXTREMELY competitive players. Competitiveness was probably the major factor that told AT apart from any other server. As much as I'm sorry to say (even though it is well developed and almost bug free) AT is slowly but surely turning into ****. Joining forces with molten-wow was probably necessary to keep the server afloat, but it completely ruined the experience for old players, or anyone who is looking to improve their game play on that matter.
    Honestly, I do not know how server works, but I am sure if AT was capable of holding the server together before collaborating with molten they can do the same right now! To keep it running even I'm willing to donate as much as it takes (in reasonable measures ofc) even though I can play well enough to get my gear, and I am sure many others are too.
    I have heard a lot of complaints from other players and that's one of the reasons why I decided to post this. I don't know if others will agree or support me but joining with molten really made the server terrible, unplayable and took away the most attractive thing about it!
    The main reason though remaining to get to know whether it will be as good again, and whether the admins, GMs, developers or whoever are ever planning to start an independent server again. Thanks!

2. AT died somewhen around 2012 or 2013, get over it

3. Why ppl dont come back now when GMs removed insta BiS gear? Its even more hard core now to get gear than on old AT since u use only arena points for gearing. Or u wanna say that "molten noobs" didnt play on old AT, and that old AT didnt have bad, low expirienced players? Few months ago it was real bad situation with hackers, but now i didnt saw any since new begining.
    At the end, just tell me what would realm get if it become independant again?

4. AT as the pinnacle of competitive PVP died a long time ago. The newer AT - instant PVP server died because of lack of development. Long story short it became stale. As long as noone cares for development and growth of the server, the server will be unable to retain playerbase and slowly descend into void.

5. I REALLY don't get how the merge with Molten affected the server "SOO MUCH". After all, it's the same server. What I'd change is the fact that offparts are bought with Arena Points. I've never seen a system like this and I really want to change the currency to Honor Points. Maybe trinkets should stay obtainable with Arena Points but the rest definitely NO.

As for the GMs part, I really feel they are answering tickets/forum PMs really fast. Never waited more than 1 (one) day to get an answer and I've to say I have created over 10 reports for hackers and they all got promptly banned (after I provided detalied proofs such as slow-motion videos, GIFs, images and timer replays).

So, in conclusion, AT is not down because it did what it had to survive, it's dead because most of the players that were able to make the difference quit or moved to retail, because of the random community that exists today and flames players just to get attention, because of the ****ty mentality of players that stop playing after one lose/win vs. a better team, never wanting to improve and having the ego so big that they can't afford losing. That's all. Time passes, WoTLK is 8 years old (or 6 years on 3.3.5a patch) and will be forgotten soon.

6. ...because of the ****ty mentality of players that stop playing after one lose/win vs. a better team, never wanting to improve and having the ego so big that they can't afford losing
    Well that is what I call the "Gladiator's Syndrome": at the first loss (no matter if you did 300-0) you disband istant the team, rage against your teammate and log out (or look for another partner).
    That behaviour sucks for sure, but add the fact that now you get points only by winning, on Blackrock, who else could be motivated to win 10 and loose 15 everytime because there is no MMR, everything is hidden, nobody knows what's going on on rating decision after matches..? Tell me who would be entertained and stimulated in playing arenas when points giving system is completely random.

In fact I discovered if you are below 1500 rating, you can get even 30 points if u win!!! 30 points!
    But once you are over 1500-1550-1600, you can pray 40 different Gods and I promise you that you will NEVER see more than +10 for a win. It doesn't matter who you face and what rating are them. (Or what's their MMR, IF there is a MMR...because -lol we hide the mmr for who knows the reason-)

Again as said in another topic and I didn't receive a reply: WHY is the mmr hidden? Whats the official explanation of hiding the rating? You think hiding it people will stop wintrading or other stuff? Im pretty sure you don't need to HIDE the mmr at the end of the arena to demotivate people to hack, just make that if a character leaves the current team arena and joins another, his MMR resets from zero (or 1500). Is it so hard to script? I really don't get this...

7. Well that is what I call the "Gladiator's Syndrome": at the first loss (no matter if you did 300-0) you disband istant the team, rage against your teammate and log out (or look for another partner).
    That behaviour sucks for sure, but add the fact that now you get points only by winning, on Blackrock, who else could be motivated to win 10 and loose 15 everytime because there is no MMR, everything is hidden, nobody knows what's going on on rating decision after matches..? Tell me who would be entertained and stimulated in playing arenas when points giving system is completely random.

In fact I discovered if you are below 1500 rating, you can get even 30 points if u win!!! 30 points!
    But once you are over 1500-1550-1600, you can pray 40 different Gods and I promise you that you will NEVER see more than +10 for a win. It doesn't matter who you face and what rating are them. (Or what's their MMR, IF there is a MMR...because -lol we hide the mmr for who knows the reason-)

Again as said in another topic and I didn't receive a reply: WHY is the mmr hidden? Whats the official explanation of hiding the rating? You think hiding it people will stop wintrading or other stuff? Im pretty sure you don't need to HIDE the mmr at the end of the arena to demotivate people to hack, just make that if a character leaves the current team arena and joins another, his MMR resets from zero (or 1500). Is it so hard to script? I really don't get this...
    If not by winning, how do you want to get points? I can see you're very vocal against the MMR system but I assure you that MMR system works very good. If it happens that you have 2200 MMR and you make a new team, you'll get +90 points per win and lose 5,6 points. MMR system is very fine up until 2500 rating where it halves itself. You only win 5 or 6 from teams under +-200 rating while losing 5 or 6 to everyone (range doesen't matter).

I suggest you reading https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Or just this part:

If a player won more games than expected, his rating would be adjusted upward, while if he won fewer than expected his rating would be adjusted downward. Moreover, that adjustment was to be in linear proportion to the number of wins by which the player had exceeded or fallen short of his expected number.
    MMR is not team-dependant, you have to play in high-rated teams if you want to up it, it's not updated automatically. You have to play enough games so the system gives you the accurate MMR.

8. @theforgotten1

Youre totally right, what you said is true and I know all that stuff! Like you have a 2500 mmr and a 1000 team u can win 20-25 points, the mmr/team rating try each other to allineate. The more distance you have between team and MMR the more you gain for win. This is how (i think) people abuse mmr by disbanding team and restarting from zero over and over again. Or you have 1500 mmr but you are 2800 exped, you join a 2500 team, you will gain few team points by winning because system "thinks" you don't belong to that rating and will give you like 5 points for a win (but your MMR will increase a lot for sure until it's kinda the same of the team), so yea I think i got that part.

But what I don't get is why I'm playing at 1600 (and I can see if I'm facing really bad players or brained ones), well i'm just facing randoms/fresh characters and it's FINE because I'm 1600 myself at the moment so it's ok! I get matched with people with my same rating, even If we have more experience than them actually.

What is the problem? The problem is versus these guys that have WAY lower experience than me and my partner, I win +9 points and they loose -29. I'm not complaining about my +9 (I should be mentally challenged to do it) but...........The -29 on the other team! It shocks me! To loose -29 points you have to be like a Gladiator loosing vs a 1500 team...

You get me?

We created two characters from zero and reach 1600 and beat a very bad/easy team and they lost -29 points. When i'm trying to resolve this maze my head explodes. I can't. Understand. How. Them.

I don't think they were 2000+ mmr trying to lower the mmr by playing fake-bad on purpose... they just loose the que i guess if they want to lower the mmr, why waste 10 minutes of arena backpedaling and putting every effort to heal, do some dps, controls and so on.. I don't believe there are people that fakeso hard to appear1500 and play like dogs just to lower the mmr. The mmr lowering guys just leave arena or loose the que or I don't know what they do, but those were real 1500 players I swear. And I feel sorry for them, why -29?

9. pretty sure the people that get -29 and stuff have a team with less than 1.5 rating, for some reason the amout of points you lose gets heavily increased when you're below 1.5, but that shouldnt rly change anything since you can just remake team and get normal +- again

10. long story short it became stale.
    Thats pretty much it :D

11. im still here since before malacos time (abyssal-wow) if u remember:-) sadly it died and 95% of all players left cuz of stupid changes resetts etc.

12. Remove patch and enable cross realm arenas and bgs. Gear could stay as it is on blackrock. It wouldnt matter if pve players had shadowmournes and pve stuff as long as everyone had standardized gear on tournaments and such. Soloque would remain unchannged, but at least 2s and 3s would be very active.

13. an internet community, as big and strong as it can be, will follow the destruction of its forum if such destruction was to happen

arena tournament, a strong community of thousands and thousands of people, was an internet community of people who lost their home the day they lost access to contributing to their years and years of active writings
    it was the day a previously surprisingly respected man chose to harshly strike and harm that so far strong community; by simply removing access to these people's internet home of years of writings and move that whole community's huge forum into a sub-sub-sub section of another website's forum, without consent
    without consent, the arena tournament community members lost their voice, their identity as a community; the community was forcefully terminated

that same man still to this day can chose to acknowledge his flaws, can chose to bring joy to thousands of people while profiting from a significant income, yet doesnt do so
    this has been the scenario since more than 3 years now, but that being said, as long as private servers exist, there is a chance for the arena tournament community to eventually get a new home and reconstruct itself
    Edited: October 4, 2016

14. arena tournament, a strong community of thousands and thousands of people
    i remember most of the time 300-400 people online MAX during last weeks/months