1. I don't know why they think this is a good idea. It will stop people from leveling professions and increase amount of beggars and scammers. It won't stop inflation since demand for mats will go up and supply will stay the same due to limited resources and huge amount of people(12000 people, c'mon). People are fighting for nodes as it is, imagine how it will be now. Blacksmiths, for example, will no longer be able to get all the ores/bars they need to level their proffession themselves and will have to buy more mats from AH which will increase their price. You can't have such highly populated server and healthy economy without increasing resource spawn rates.

2. also, people who want hardcore rates normally go to lordaeron, people who came to icecrown are there because they don't like playing on 1x rates. So this makes no sense at all.

3. I think it's absolutely the wrong direction for a server like Icecrown to be headed.

It puts newcomers to the server at an extremely steep disadvantage compared to the server's thousands of older, veteran players, and it's another one of those things that might dissuade people from leveling professions on their alts, or even leveling alts entirely.

Forced 1x Prof rates on a 7x exp server will also basically kill any realistic possibility whatsoever of players concurrently leveling their professions alongside their actual toons. This is something you see players do with crafting professions like Tailoring, but much more commonly with gathering professions like Skinning/Mining/Herbalism, and especially with secondary professions such as Cooking and First-Aid (something certain classes like Rogues and Warriors can depend a fair bit on).1x Prof rates will make it so players won't be able to keep their professions up to date with their level without significantly gimping their own leveling speed, and you'll have a situation where the mats from level 25-70 zones will all have to be farmed by level 80's instead, which, practically speaking, will shift the AH monopoly on these mats even more into the hands of botters/exploiters.
    We (newcomers) already are at an incredibly steep disadvantage.
    Sure, you can pay your way to success, but leveling professions and gathering gear (right now) is extremely painful. I'm currently trying to level enchanting and the total gold cost is going through the roof. No wonder there are no enchanters on icecrown when this is what it costs to level them...

I'll just casually mention that getting oneshot by casual cleave in BGs is extraordinarily demoralizing too.

4. also, people who want hardcore rates normally go to lordaeron, people who came to icecrown are there because they don't like playing on 1x rates. So this makes no sense at all.
    Icecrown is over populated and too many people have left the Lordaeron hype train so by doin this people will think "Meh wth might aswell play lord and lvl my toon and proff at the same rate and play with more "pros", oh and also no queus"
    Then there's the thing where you can buy a profession to 450 for 30 coins (ohyeah they raised the priced) but wait, might aswell spend 40 coins to get all recipes with it.
    There is definetly a point in doin this.

5. Icecrown is over populated and too many people have left the Lordaeron hype train so by doin this people will think "Meh wth might aswell play lord and lvl my toon and proff at the same rate and play with more "pros", oh and also no queus"
    Then there's the thing where you can buy a profession to 450 for 30 coins (ohyeah they raised the priced) but wait, might aswell spend 40 coins to get all recipes with it.
    There is definetly a point in doin this.
    Well, warmane is not a nonprofit organisation.
    They have a server host and staff to pay, if there were no contributions from donators then there would simply be no warmane.

First ... 456