1. anyone else scared of profs/reps going 1x?

Not for personal reasons but because they think it will scare off new players? i guarantee prices wont drop to 1/5ths for mats to level profs in ah and ppl wont magically become 5x more patient for gathering and give the market 5x more mats... it's a casual server and people also dont want to spend 15 hours on icc rep... this is going to hurt growth hard i think. Even doing rep now is like pulling teeth with this server.

basically im curious why they're trying to make Icecrown more like Lord when it's apparent people preferred casual over hardcore and the population numbers showed that. I hope they change their mind or revert it but it seems unlikely at this point.

What do you think about the change? Like I said it doesn't impact me personally before you call me a scrub or etc.
    Edited: September 13, 2016

2. Fine with anything except reputation rate, could be at least 3x imo

3. Have said that earlier and can repeat again: after the changes I will not level a single profession or reputation. For this reason I'll stop making alts as well, because, tbh, imo these changes are just bullcrap. Useless, not related for the most part and just annoying. And I will understand anyone and everyone who will want to leave the realm or the server because of that.

4. I don't get them either honestly, if people want 1x there's Lordaeron...

5. x1 enchanting will be fun
    x1 ashen verdict repitation will be fun

Fast reputation rate was the main source of gear for newbies to join herois.

6. People people, you're forgetting the 2 professions that are the most fun of all to level:

Engineering and Blacksmithing.

Jewelcrafting comes pretty close (1-300) but the above ^^ are beyond cancer

7. idk when the last time u did ashen verdict rep was man but it is not fun, even 5x it's mucking around in groups of clueless undergeared nabs either wiping on every other pull or spending 30 mins-hour per run slowly chipping away at the trash with most people barely pulling 4 digit dps and eventually getting exalted. Nothing like how it was a year ago. Overall quality of pugs has gone down immensely, and this is just going to completely kill it for new players coming in.

8. I think it's absolutely the wrong direction for a server like Icecrown to be headed.

It puts newcomers to the server at an extremely steep disadvantage compared to the server's thousands of older, veteran players, and it's another one of those things that might dissuade people from leveling professions on their alts, or even leveling alts entirely.

Forced 1x Prof rates on a 7x exp server will also basically kill any realistic possibility whatsoever of players concurrently leveling their professions alongside their actual toons. This is something you see players do with crafting professions like Tailoring, but much more commonly with gathering professions like Skinning/Mining/Herbalism, and especially with secondary professions such as Cooking and First-Aid (something certain classes like Rogues and Warriors can depend a fair bit on).1x Prof rates will make it so players won't be able to keep their professions up to date with their level without significantly gimping their own leveling speed, and you'll have a situation where the mats from level 25-70 zones will all have to be farmed by level 80's instead, which, practically speaking, will shift the AH monopoly on these mats even more into the hands of botters/exploiters.

9. I think it's absolutely the wrong direction for a server like Icecrown to be headed.

It puts newcomers to the server at an extremely steep disadvantage compared to the server's thousands of older, veteran players, and it's another one of those things that might dissuade people from leveling professions on their alts, or even leveling alts entirely.

Forced 1x Prof rates on a 7x exp server will also basically kill any realistic possibility whatsoever of players concurrently leveling their professions alongside their actual toons. This is something you see players do with crafting professions like Tailoring, but much more commonly with gathering professions like Skinning/Mining/Herbalism, and especially with secondary professions such as Cooking and First-Aid (something certain classes like Rogues and Warriors can depend a fair bit on).1x Prof rates will make it so players won't be able to keep their professions up to date with their level without significantly gimping their own leveling speed, and you'll have a situation where the mats from level 25-70 zones will all have to be farmed by level 80's instead, which, practically speaking, will shift the AH monopoly on these mats even more into the hands of botters/exploiters.
    +100 i really hope someone from warmane reads this
    i dont want icecrown the server i love to experience an abrupt growth death. We need nabs. Cutting off the flow of nabs is to strangle the life out of the server.

think about how many x in 1000 veteran warmane players quit in a month (most keep going) and how many x in 1000 nabs (most quit) decide to stick around effectively replacing them? That's what keeps the server going in the long term. Remember that next time your chastising a nab for showing up in a bg wearing full greens.

10. Whole idea looks like "We do not know how to increase Lordaeron's online, let's make Icecrown gameplay pure cancer and minimalize difference".

11. I think it's absolutely the wrong direction for a server like Icecrown to be headed.

+1 at that

Whole idea looks like "We do not know how to increase Lordaeron's online, let's make Icecrown gameplay pure cancer and minimalize difference".
    +1 at that as well.

The whole point of a x7 server is so players who are "casual" can go play there and not have to grind the **** out of the game to max their toons. Some find that fun and interesting and they play on lord. Others don't and they play on Icecrown. The thought process behind this decision is something I can't even begin to comprehend.

12. Funny twist of a thought, those who are too lazy to level the professions can donate and use coins for the max profession and all patterns service options. Oh the irony.

RIP easy reps though, I can agree with how everyone else feels in that regard.

13. Funny twist of a thought, those who are too lazy to level the professions can donate and use coins for the max profession and all patterns service options. Oh the irony.
    Aye, not everyone's a credit card master though. And of those who do regularly donate most would prefer to donate for items over profs.

14. Aye, not everyone's a credit card master though. And of those who do regularly donate most would prefer to donate for items over profs.
    I'm well aware of that, but you helped to clarify my point though.

15. nobody asked for these changes so they should just STOP thinking about it cause its nonsense.

123 ... Last