1. Is paladin any good?

Hey guys, this topic is made to know your opinions about Paladin, I am a 2.7k ret on cata but I had never tried ret on mop before, So I would like to know if it's worthy to create a ret on MoP. Feel free to describe it by an means, like for example , on cata ; I like the balance between the damage and heals ( im talking about the balance of the class' pros and cons not the balance of the class among the others ). Thanks in advance

2. that depends on what u want from it... If u wanna push rating, than NO. I consider my self to be really good on ret, and highest I've been is 2.3, and it wasn't even on this server. It's survivability comparing to some other classes is not nearly as good and CD between burst is 3 minutes, so it's all about balance and pace. You can push only so much, and u need a good partner.

But if u just enjoy playing it, than yes. It's not as easy as on WOTLK and Cata, but it's still one of the most enjoyable classes to play. Especially in battlegrounds. It's super strong there. Don't listen to the ones that will tell you different. Thing is, playing ret on MoP is completely different from Cata, and after 2 years, I've seen only few paladins that burst properly.

Ppl just log in on it, try to play, than they realize it's not as easy as warr or hunter and they just say it's bad. Truth is far from it... At the end, you will have to try and decide for your self.

3. Brixoo was in top 15 last season so he was like 2.650 rate. Its possible to push rate in 2s if ur with a hunter.

4. I see a lot of paladin super heroes in BG these days, charging alone in packs of opponents.
    So, I guess they must be pretty strong atm. Especially with the ridiculous heals they have.
    But imo, they are more annoying than anything, mainly because of the lack of sustainable dmg.

5. well let me stat first that ret pala in cata was super op, one of the best specs even beside : enchasment shaman , hunter , rogue . well here no pve trinket or gorthrak will carry the dmg :D. so basically it wasn't balanced at all :) .
    as for ret in mop its an around class that will assists more than doing that crazy dmg 24/7 but his burst is still op but the guardian stack to 12 instead of 20 so in general its not bad and its fun :D but you have to kite more :) than going all brawl like cata .
    ah right and some people use the guardian with burst in the same time i dont know why :/ they have to stack the guardian first then burst .

6. Pushing rating for ret is considered quite hard compared to other plate melee class such as warrior or dk. You cant really run with a healer since you dont have the burst/pressure to kill a healer + dps combo if you run with healer + ret. Play with double dps such as ret+hunt is viable but very punishing on mistake. And you will kite alot also.

7. that depends on what u want from it... If u wanna push rating, than NO. I consider my self to be really good on ret, and highest I've been is 2.3, and it wasn't even on this server. It's survivability comparing to some other classes is not nearly as good and CD between burst is 3 minutes, so it's all about balance and pace. You can push only so much, and u need a good partner.

But if u just enjoy playing it, than yes. It's not as easy as on WOTLK and Cata, but it's still one of the most enjoyable classes to play. Especially in battlegrounds. It's super strong there. Don't listen to the ones that will tell you different. Thing is, playing ret on MoP is completely different from Cata, and after 2 years, I've seen only few paladins that burst properly.

Ppl just log in on it, try to play, than they realize it's not as easy as warr or hunter and they just say it's bad. Truth is far from it... At the end, you will have to try and decide for your self.
    Lol the paladin class itself is so boring. I never liked paladin's playstile. Press whatever lights up. Oh and WOTLK they were the most broken and easy class to play it. Could 1v1 anything

8. The worst class of MOP if you ask me, and it's my main. It's exactly the same gameplay than on Cata except that all other classes received a lot of buffs except you. Well you can stack your hands twice, youhou.

9. Thank you all for your replies , they were kinda useful. I'm more into arenas so yes I'm going for rating and since ret was mainly my class so I was wondering if I can still play it on mop. What I want to confirm now is that if 2.6k is my limit as a ret or it's hard but possible to go. I mean on cata i never played with a healer i usually played with a hunter or a rogue so I want to reconfirm this specific part if possible. Thanks again.

10. Pushing rating for ret is considered quite hard compared to other plate melee class such as warrior or dk. You cant really run with a healer since you dont have the burst/pressure to kill a healer + dps combo if you run with healer + ret. Play with double dps such as ret+hunt is viable but very punishing on mistake. And you will kite alot also.
    Ret has one of the strongest bursts of all classes if applied properly. As for sustained damage, I agree.

11. If you get a good hunter, you can go 2.8+
    If you know how to play...
    But you will need time to get use to mop spell changes, not so much for pala. But for other classes.

12. ah right and some people use the guardian with burst in the same time i dont know why :/ they have to stack the guardian first then burst .
    This is because when your opponent see guardian they get ready for the incoming burst. I usually pop everything at the same time, but if the opponent dont have many cc and stuff i let guardian stack.

@OP
    Paladin right now can burst down a 600k+ player in seconds and still have burst left to lmost kill another player in BGs.

13. Tbh its all about gear and some skill if you ask me

14. Tbh its all about gear and some skill if you ask me
    No, everyone at high rating has the same gear... so it's about skill and comp.