1. Bugtracker

There are some reports on bugtracker that are very old, priority is high, they are confirmed by many ppl in the comments and they still got Unconfirmed status. Why?

2. We cant expect things to get fixed if we dont even know what is bugged. It would be nice if server could form a team of retail experienced players or ppl that know how mop should work just to test high rated reports with Unconfirmed status. Its shame that we have 117 pages of Unconfirmed bug reports on bugtracker and many of them are older then 6 months.

3. Well, the message that this sends is something like "We can't even confirm this... probably busy with something else...", or something in those lines. I'm not saying that it isn't unpleasant, or that there aren't reports that should totally not be Unconfirmed, but hey, watcha gonna do.

What worries me is much worse...
    It's marking valid reports as Duplicate/Dismissed or outright deleting them just because there's another report with a similar name marked as Fixed... and that Fixed report is either about something else or is one of those that shouldn't even be Fixed. A good example would be the Mistweavers' Stance of the Wise Serpent haste bonus. It takes seconds to test, numerous people have commented on the fact that it doesn't work, despite the report being Fixed, and yet new reports get Duplicate.
    Now this sends a very different type of message: " We couldn't give a f**k... one report says Fixed, so we shan't lift a finger checking that...".

4. Now this sends a very different type of message: " We couldn't give a f**k... one report says Fixed, so we shan't lift a finger checking that...".
    or... more likely...

'staff' status on it is "pending" and perhaps fixed on their test realms, but causing issues in other aspects of the game, public status was set to 'fixed' because a fix was found and added to code, but because of other issues they're not applied yet... same exact crap has probably been annoying every cata rdf hc goer because of Raz in Blackrock Caverns... still sitting in his cage when it gets unlocked and doing nothing... bugtracker 'fixed' more than a year ago

5. Oh..oh.. I have another one:
    How about spending a lot more time than one should, researching something, not only to find out how it should work, but to have some kind of proof for the report. I just made one of those and it got Dismissed while I was typing my previous reply here :D:D Check it out: https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/31830
    And my faith in the bugtracker is gone, once more.
    The last time I lost my faith in it resulted in me reporting on nonexistent bugs.. I didn't even bother properly reading the tooltips of spells/talents. Oh well, this time I should probably just take a break from the bugtracker... maybe a long one. Most of it feels like waste of time.

Update:
    After all of this, an old report on Renewing Mist had been edited to describe one of the current issues and changed to Confirmed, and also a comment on mine, stating that it works as intended is now gone. I don't really care about mine now, as long as we're getting somewhere. Thumbs up from me.
    Edited: September 16, 2016 Reason: Update on Bugtracker

6. or... more likely...

'staff' status on it is "pending" and perhaps fixed on their test realms, but causing issues in other aspects of the game, public status was set to 'fixed' because a fix was found and added to code, but because of other issues they're not applied yet... same exact crap has probably been annoying every cata rdf hc goer because of Raz in Blackrock Caverns... still sitting in his cage when it gets unlocked and doing nothing... bugtracker 'fixed' more than a year ago
    It's raining for me, now, outside, as I'm typing this. Should I call wrong everybody who says it's not raining for them?!
    When you have a system with Unconfirmed/Dismissed/Duplicate/Confirmed/Pending/Fixed, you shouldn't put a Fixed status on something that isn't getting into game. That falls into the Pending category. Let's say they have a fix for it, fine. It's live and working on some test realm, fine. But we just can't be looking at a Fixed status on something that isn't working for us.
    Edited: September 15, 2016

7. It's raining for me, now, here, as I'm typing this. Should I call wrong everybody who says it's not raining for them?!
    When you have a system with Unconfirmed/Dismissed/Duplicate/Confirmed/Pending/Fixed, you shouldn't put a Fixed status on something that isn't getting into game. That falls into the Pending category. Let's say they have a fix for it, fine. It's live and working on some test realm, fine. But we just can't be looking at a Fixed status on something that isn't working for us.
    so, you're saying you want to volunteer to go through hundreds of reports daily to make sure all statuses are applied properly?

too bad warmane has already said they're not taking "volunteers" and only proper employees... so you can't... unless they want to hire you for some reason

8. so, you're saying you want to volunteer to go through hundreds of reports daily to make sure all statuses are applied properly?

too bad warmane has already said they're not taking "volunteers" and only proper employees... so you can't... unless they want to hire you for some reason
    As I've said about what xcell's complaining about - Unconfirmed status could mean many things. Now, that's a proper status for a report you aren't going to bother checking..... for whatever reason that might be. I'm not paying anybody, so I'm not complaining for any lack of work.. AT ALL!!!.
    Marking a report as Dismissed/Duplicate suggests it has been checked. Why this is hard for you to understand is beyond me.

9. Marking a report as Dismissed/Duplicate suggests it has been checked. Why this is hard for you to understand is beyond me.
    have you ever noticed a report with "related to"? it's actually a thing... where you notice one bug and while you're at it you work on fixing 'related' too, so yes it's dismissed, possibly because someone's already working on that... you know, probably...

it's not just BlueAo being a lazy son of a half troll and clicking 'dismissed' on everything just because the name is similar

10. I would like to hear more opinions (from staff members too) on this one and to keep discussion going. Its a fact that the mop Bugtracker is in very bad shape. WE have to do something about that. Without transparent bugtracker we cant make server less bugged (playable again). From what i see there are many players who want to help to build a better server but it is on staff to organize us and to communicate with us. I think a key problem of Frostwolf is the lack of communication with players from staff members. Bugtracker is just a start, lets build this server TOGETHER.

11. Imo, the bugtracker is useless

The only function for the bugtracker, is to "check" if a quest is indeed bugged and has no "workarounds"

I have 0 faith that important bugs or bugs with super high priority get fixed

There's stuff like, quests in the Pandaren starter area bugged out that makes it imposible to progress that are just ignored and have been "unconfirmed" for months, and if you make a ticket to a GM in-game no matter how many details and info you put on the ticket they just answer with an automated answer "needs more info, bla bla"

Guilneas stuff, Goblin area stuff....months in the bugtracker, still bugged

The fixes they do are totally random

Example: they recently "fixed" problems with Glyph Of Regenerative Magic's calculations, but the Glyph is still undropable
    Same happened a couple of months ago with Glyph of One With Nature, fixed stuff with it, but it's still undropable

They dont even know what happens on their game and "fix stuff" randomly
    Edited: September 15, 2016

12. I have just finished leveling a warlock through gilneas with 0 bugs...

13. I have just finished leveling a warlock through gilneas with 0 bugs...
    Tell that to the countless people stuck there
    To all the people that have to send tickets to have their Two Forms fixed
    And to the lots of reports on the bugtracker, some that have been there for over a year (3 pages full of Worgen/Gilneas bugs)

Yeah, 1 person getting lucky on getting out of there doesnt matter, everyone should be able to get out of there without any bug or problems on their character, it's a damn starting zone
    Edited: September 16, 2016

14. I have just finished leveling a warlock through gilneas with 0 bugs...
    That's because the bugs happen randomly. The runs are different for everyone and at some point it will bug you out.
    I was helping someone level a worgen sometime ago and he got sent back to the first phase as a level 15 after the crash, he was forced to restart his worgen toon.

15. To all the people that have to send tickets to have their Two Forms fixed
    well that bit is still pending with the GMs... happens in cata too sometimes

he got sent back to the first phase as a level 15 after the crash, he was forced to restart his worgen toon.
    yea that bit sucks... happened to me in cata on therazane quest chain, I need a specific npc manually spawned for me to be able to pick up a quest to be able to see anything in Deepholm... yay me... cus 'normal GMs' can't do that and only seniors might be able to... too bad those don't log on more than twice per year and never actually answer any whispers.. and all tickets say is "we're sorry but there's nothing we can do"

12 Last