1. Hard to say that with ret pallies' freedom breaking stuns in WOTLK. There are so many rets in this expansion that no rogue can feel like a 1v1 god.

I think the correct answer is DK. Is there any class a DK can look at and think "oh no, I'm in trouble"? I can't think of any.

But the flip side of that is that it's hard for a DK to do anything that really seems "pro" in a 1v1 win and earns respect of other players.

When I am killed by a DK I tend to think "yeah, whatever- it's a DK," but I rarely find myself impressed by his skill. The same applies to rets. A rogue can win and look pro doing it.
    rets can be hard for a dk if he is good, utilizes caster weapon swap strats and glyphed turn evil for the garg

a good hunter will be a huge issue if he gets to initiate at 45 yrds but that's a pretty rare scenario and just about any class will get flawless'd except a char that can unsnare themselves and has rocket boots.

2. rets can be hard for a dk if he is good, utilizes caster weapon swap strats and glyphed turn evil for the garg
    If the DK knows how to play, like how to kite the ret, then the ret is not likely to win. Otherwise, a ret can, and should always, beat the DK. Letting the ret sit in melee with you is how you show the world how bad you are. I've yet to lose to a DK who will stay in melee with me. Funny thing, it's been a couple of years since I fought a DK that knows how to kite me too.
    Edited: September 15, 2016

3. If the DK knows how to play, like how to kite the ret, then the ret is not likely to win. Otherwise, a ret can, and should always, beat the DK. Letting the ret sit in melee with you is how you show the world how bad you are. I've yet to lose to a DK who will stay in melee with me. Funny thing, it's been a couple of years since I fought a DK that knows how to kite me too.
    There I need to agree on, but then again duels are situational and you can't apply every scenario on all duels. From my exp average Warmane ret paladin will chase me down no matter what and just go for the hoj>wings. But there are ret paladins, which will of course play with 1hand and shield like 90% of the duel there, as a DK you won't feel that much of a pressure but in the same time, you won't be able to get ret's hp down too and in case he drops can try to gargoyle>gnaw>strangulate to avoid turn evil for some seconds. But as I said, things don't always apply the same way and advanced ret paladins don't really play the same way too, so decisions have to be taken quickly and precise or the duel is lost. As for kiting well that's rather fun part as a dk, because if you run too far, ret paladin will cast heals thus you will give the ret paladin a time for his rep to get up, then you get cced and he is full hp. But if you run back to ret while he tries to cast flashes, he can fake cast it, or you will just get hit by ret, he will go back to 1hand and shield, and insta flash himself up. Then if a dk will not have trinket and IF, there will be nice timed hoj>wings and that will hurt. So for the conclusion, for a DK's to kite a ret, need to pay attention to all movements and spells that ret used and not be either too far from ret so he can cast flashes, or too close to give him insta ones. Which not always will work out the nice way.

4. Indeed, the ret would still be able to give the DK trouble. But if you're able to prevent the ret from hard-casting heals and staying out of Judgment range most of the time so they can't get 1) crits for instant flashes, and 2) mana back, then that helps a lot. Personally, while I do keep a caster weapon and a tank shield handy, I find that I don't use them much. I tend to prefer to stick to my Wrathful weapon and rely on my resilience to mitigate my damage. Keeping my 2h active means I will be able to hurt the DK a lot more than I would be able to with the 1h/shield. So what happens if the DK comes in for a Mind Freeze? Or if they grip me to interrupt, or are gripping me off one of their pets? I'm going to smack them with my 2h. I like to use a build that benefits my resilience and self-heals.

You would be right, that the better ret paladins have a variety of ways that they can play, too. For a single spec, it sure does have a lot of versatility in the ways that it can be played. My own focus is being able to heal my friends and trying to being as unkillable as possible - while still being able to deliver damage when necessary. Translating that to a 1v1 environment means essentially that while I don't deliver as much damage as a ret that goes full pve offset would, I am significantly harder to kill/beat.

You spoke to the effect of HoJ/Wings. It is rather unfortunate that this is often the way these abilities are used: together. My own playstyle is to play my opponents for my CDs. It is fairly common for a skilled opponent to either expect or attempt to bait a ret's CDs, especially wings and bubble. I will do whatever I can to ensure my survivability so that I don't have to use divine shield to survive. That includes using Seal of Light (which I often get called a scumbag for, but lol), Judgment of Light, Divine Guardian (Sacred Shield buff + a 20% dmg reduction cd) and Glyph of Salvation (another 20% damage reduction CD). I will almost always use my HoJ and Repentance as interrupts or as tools to control my opponent. I play a spec with a 40s HoJ CD - I am going to bait your trinket very early so I can hit you with one of my CCs when you hit your Gargoyle, so I can hard-cast my Turn Evil for days. And most importantly: the wings almost never come out until I'm absolutely certain I can finish you; they are used to help secure the kill. The exception being trying to bait or force your own CDs by making you panic.

Sorry for wall of text. Figured you'd enjoy the #science. :D

5. Yeah, so more or less Ret paladin can cause trouble for dk's due to shields, dispells, stuns, healing, turn evil and survivability. But 2hand wf wep, well the duel will take years because if the DK is running with resil too, won't be able to get him down easily too. And that wall of text was easier for me to read, than for you to write it all down haha.

6. Hunter isn't a easy class in 1vs1, but if you know how to play a hunter you will kill all classes.
    But still skill > class.
    Edited: September 16, 2016

7. Hunter isn't a easy class in 1vs1, but if you know how to play a hunter you will kill all classes.
    But still skill > class.
    kind of applies to every class m8

8. Ok so,since i consider mysrlf a "pro" because i got some arena titles participated in many 1v1 events,and won half of them or even more.

If equally skilled,rogue assassination or sublety can win/have decent chance is just the amount of stuns and perma 50% healing reduction,a rogue that knows how to manage cds,just pray...
    Ret paladin no doubt,even if you kite,he has advantage,is not a 50%v50% fight,palading having turn of evil makes your gargo kinda useless if ghlyphed he will just cast instantly you can focus stun and after silence him,but gargo won't do high dmg for 4 seconds,for me ret paladin is the ideal counter for any dk spec if we talk about 1v1,
    Since i play with feral druid,feral can toy with unholy,despite the fact dk is counter to ferals,
    Feral cant be slowed by dk,except desecration which he can just outrun you there.
    Thing is,people tend to to act stupid saying "dk god" dk/thread or something well its not like that,as i said i am good player,but even i lost a 1v1 tourney on blackrock as dk vs a gladiator destro warlock in blade edge arena,since i am challenger and duelist only,but also a duel hero,but the guy was not a random gladiator like we have on icc,he was just pro,countered almost everything i did.

So please for people who spread false information that dk is best or something,you have a higher chances that other classes but doesnt guarantee you 100% win,i am not trying to offend anyone,but a super pro paladin will win super pro dk,same as rogue or feral,feral can out heal dk,insta kill his gargo with zerk or cyclone and kittig around trees/pillars
    I stated my opinion,on dk class since i play it for years and i've achieved stuff that i consider not every dk or player can.

To answer thread question.
    All classes can be OP(overpowered god-like) if played right,all classes have counters,and yes even dk
    Just play the class you love,dont reroll because someone told you otherwise.

Forgot about frost mages,they are hard af for uhdk.

#player_makes_the_class.

Not class&spec the player : )

9. Feral can out heal dk
    Nice joke.

Thing is,people tend to to act stupid saying "dk god" dk/thread or something
    Even blizzard accepted DK is a hero noobfriendly class designed for kids to let em compensate.
    In the situations where mage, rogue, or feral should tryhard - geared death knight can sit on the keyboard and win.

insta kill his gargo with zerk
    Gargoyle > 15-20 yards away > death grip + gnaw > burst
    That what all good Dks do to save gargoyle.

10. Nice joke.

Even blizzard accepted DK is a hero noobfriendly class designed for kids to let em compensate.
    In the situations where mage, rogue, or feral should tryhard - geared death knight can sit on the keyboard and win.

Gargoyle > 15-20 yards away > death grip + gnaw > burst
    That what all good Dks do to save gargoyle.
    Yeah,feral will just barkskin,>bear from>nature grasp(if ams is on cd) > charge> following a sutun on gargo switch cat zerk and start smashing keyboard(need 100% savage roar)
    For horse power :D

Really,it can outheal him,but no smart feral will do it just to risk it, to risk a possible victoryrunning around a pillar or tree while dk is on perma talent infected wounds 50% slowed.
    Spam lifebloom 3 stacks easy rejuv and 1 nourish there you go.

You are right its a hero class and blizzard admited about it,but this game is governet by counters bgs 1v1 or arenas,dk has higher chance vs all classes,but even that there are classes that can win if they have high potential(the player that plays thrm) feral,rogur,ret,

11. Forgot to mention another anti-class for dk is... DK ;D

Dkvsdk dks feast,also my favorite duel i like all class vs class duel ;)

12. Forgot to mention another anti-class for dk is... DK ;D

Dkvsdk dks feast,also my favorite duel i like all class vs class duel ;)
    Hi there Eli and yeah people say *dk is so easy everyone can play it and win* well then I have a question for those people that say it... where are your titles on dk's then? Oh wait, you don't have any.

13. Hi there Eli and yeah people say *dk is so easy everyone can play it and win* well then I have a question for those people that say it... where are your titles on dk's then? Oh wait, you don't have any.
    Just facepalm.

First 1234 ... Last