1. If you actually clicked on the links before tooting your horn, you would have seen they're from this server about a week ago... If it was a "near-death experience" for you, either you're not that geared or not nearly as good a DK as you think you are.

Also, Unholy Dk's are not about stacking avoidance, they emphasize mitigation, are you familiar with the terms and the difference between the two?
    are u familiar why such a no brain talent as BONE SHIELD just doesnt work with mechanic like "Chill of the throne" (-20% chance to dodge)?
    this logs shows only one thing that RS is far from being completely scripted, since in a what ****ing way u can be successful with using uhdk with bone shield if
    Twillight presicion was working? this just shows ur lack of knowlege about game mechanics, yet you still trying to predend that ur "personal opinion" should have a place in a "serious discussion"
    dont doubght about my dk exp - i have been playing dk as main char for almost 4 years, so i have a clue how any tank spec is working ( even a ****en hybrid). if u still cant realise, ill tell u - UH DK is superior to bdk everywhere, on every encounter, except ICC and RS (sadly hallion is not fully working as it seems for now)

2. @dike
    How is UH DK superior to B DK?
    What does Bone Shield has to do with -20% dodge chance?
    I played a DK on retail for 2 years on WOTLK, and im playing a DK on warmane for almost 6 years now and i still learn **** each day... If u played a sertain thing for a long period of time, that alone doesnt make u all knowing.
    @everyone else
    Id rly LOVE to know overall how, and in what situation is a Unholy DK tank better than Blood DK tank? Only thing i see is constant AoE aggro.

3. Pretty much, Blood is superior imo, there is just so many talents and Cd's you have on hand that is too good to pass up.

4. @dike
    @everyone else
    Id rly LOVE to know overall how, and in what situation is a Unholy DK tank better than Blood DK tank? Only thing i see is constant AoE aggro.

UH DK excells with slow hitting attack speed bosses, LK after P1/Halion. it also has 3magic reduction spells with AMZ so also superior for magic fights

5. @everyone else
    My intention wasn't to imply that UH DK's are better tanks than blood dk tanks, I was just pointing out that its perfectly viable to run any of the three specs when tanking end game content, as proved by videos of dk's tanking Halion in all three specs in this thread with relative ease. I've personally tanked with both Blood and Unholy specs, and they appeared to be equally comfortable to play. I'd refer to the WoL in my previous for more accurate numbers, which seem to point to the Unholy spec being able to mitigate quite a bit. However, I'm in no position to argue whether one spec is better than the other (I've never done any related math myself):

Unholy:
    Avg melee hit: 11969.5
    Avg Breath: 20997.7
    Avg Cleave: 12820.8
    Total Damage Taken: 560037

Blood:
    Avg melee hit: 18350.3
    Avg Breath: 25795.6
    Avg Cleave: 17455.2
    Total Damage Taken: 883762

6. @dike
    How is UH DK superior to B DK?
    What does Bone Shield has to do with -20% dodge chance?
    I played a DK on retail for 2 years on WOTLK, and im playing a DK on warmane for almost 6 years now and i still learn **** each day... If u played a sertain thing for a long period of time, that alone doesnt make u all knowing.
    @everyone else
    Ya, Blood is superior on the majority of fights in ICC, but Unholy does have advantages on some fights in some situations. Unholy has the upper hand when it needs to mitigate the damage before it even lands, but other than that, yea. The 30% buff helps Blood quite a lot in there too.

7. Don't be fooled by some "average" numbers. I rather take 20% more damage, but have tools to survive when it counts.

8. Unholy:
    Avg melee hit: 11969.5
    Avg Breath: 20997.7
    Avg Cleave: 12820.8
    Total Damage Taken: 560037

Blood:
    Avg melee hit: 18350.3
    Avg Breath: 25795.6
    Avg Cleave: 17455.2
    Total Damage Taken: 883762
    Something is majorly inconsistent. The discrepancies between avg damage taken as Blood and Unholy here clearly have a lot more to do with other variables that weren't properly controlled, like whether you had someone always applying an AP reduction debuff on the boss for you, whether your healers were doing a good job keeping the Ancestral Fortitude buff up on you, and also obviously whether you mostly had favorable Corp on your side or not.

9. Not necessarily, WotN works only when you are in "danger" and before that there is not much to reduce damage, while Bone shield can be used very smartly and passive magic dmg reduction from talents gives less overall damage taken. Idk if numbers are precise, but could be. That does not mean anything.

10. Ill just leave this here
    Bone Shield does the following:
    -Reduces damage by 20% from all sources
    -Consumes one bone when a direct hit occurs
    -There is an Internal Cooldown on bone charges meaning that if u get hit 3 times in a second, only one bone is consumed

11. Can one of u link me that famous unholy tank spec, so i can finaly compare it to the one i use, cos i rly dont see what is so OP about it...?

12. Can one of u link me that famous unholy tank spec, so i can finaly compare it to the one i use, cos i rly dont see what is so OP about it...?
    Proper deep unholy spec I'm assuming? I'll provide you that one, because there is an unholy spec that gets Imp. Icy Talons for raid comp purposes.
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0gZ...gGh00bxfuzbuIq
    This is the spec I'd use for fights like Halion 25hc or LoD. Scourge Strike and Lichborne points could be put elsewhere.
    If you're actually going to try it out, I would suggest getting additional avoidance that your Blood spec wouldn't normally have (not too much though), as that's a synergy an Unholy tank would build for a bit to benefit their Bone Shield effectiveness.

13. So u basicly rely only on bone shield? What if something hits u more than u expected and u are left for 30sec without a single CD? And why would u get descecration? In most cases it does more harm than it does good... I dont aggre with more than Lichbourne and Scourge Strike talents tho... Can u link the frost hybrid one with Imp. Icy Talons pls? And can someone else link unholy Tank spec that u (other dk tanks) play?

Id personaly go something like:
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0Er...cxhIz0bxchp0uc
    or maybe:
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#jZhx...cxhIz0bxchp0uc

But, how i see it, neather one of those specs can beat the frost blood hybrid:
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0Er...obsZhxbxcMIzZz
    U get soo many defencives with this and u buff the raid so much its just ******ed. 10% atk power, 20% melee haste, 20% phisical dmg increase on ur top dps. Only problem with it is that u dont have AOE aggro since DND doesnt do much...

14. So u basicly rely only on bone shield? What if something hits u more than u expected and u are left for 30sec without a single CD? And why would u get descecration? In most cases it does more harm than it does good... I dont aggre with more than Lichbourne and Scourge Strike talents tho... Can u link the frost hybrid one with Imp. Icy Talons pls? And can someone else link unholy Tank spec that u (other dk tanks) play?

Id personaly go something like:
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0Er...cxhIz0bxchp0uc
    or maybe:
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#jZhx...cxhIz0bxchp0uc

But, how i see it, neather one of those specs can beat the frost blood hybrid:
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#j0Er...obsZhxbxcMIzZz
    U get soo many defencives with this and u buff the raid so much its just ******ed. 10% atk power, 20% melee haste, 20% phisical dmg increase on ur top dps. Only problem with it is that u dont have AOE aggro since DND doesnt do much...
    Reason you get descecration and lichbourn are for RS boss's only, Slowling Embers / removing Fear again depending on comps aka how many Fear wards all that jazz.

15. So u basicly rely only on bone shield? What if something hits u more than u expected and u are left for 30sec without a single CD?
    Using your own statement here; Unholy relying on Bone Shield and Blood relying mostly on Death Strike to survive (as example) while getting hit like a truck. What's the difference? Every single spec relies in a specific ability so your question is either a really ignorant one or you're just trying to be smart without knowing **** about the game. Should I expect less though? (Rhetorical question - Do not fall on the temptation of answering it)

It should be obvious by now, after 8 years of this content, that Unholy mitigates more damage while compared to Blood. Every single graphic found on the internet can provide your answer to that. Theorycraft such a thing after 8 years of proper experiments by the best raiders out there makes me cringe.

The only thing that we can agree is that Blood is the "Tanking for Dummies" spec. If you're unexperienced and untalented by nature you should keep yourself playing Blood. Other than that, don't spread misinformation when you're lacking experience about other specs.
    Edited: November 13, 2016

First 12345 ... Last