1. Can't connect .. says need to be converted in battle.net account.... server prob i think

2. It's like, why do we even donate? -.- ggwp warmane

3. the 24 hours are long gone and the server has even more lag episodes and crashes.....thanks guys

4. 4 days ago this has been posted , evryday after that atleast 1 server crash at 20:00 . Half of hour of waiting a que for a BG , and then this , then no one in 60 bracket ques again , fun times.

5. It's like, why do we even donate? -.- ggwp warmane
    For situations like this one... if we didn't donate they won't have the resources to even think about resolving the problem.

6. Just suck it up, they will resolve problem. What are you? 12 years old? This can happen. Deal with it. Go play outside.

7. Hiya Warmane Staff,

Do we have any feedback regarding MoP Server ?
    It has been up and down quite often this past week.
    Can you please consider extending the Profession being set to x1 on 1st October......due to the unstable server...pretty please :o)

Keep up the good work :-)

8. Hiya Warmane Staff,

Do we have any feedback regarding MoP Server ?
    It has been up and down quite often this past week.
    Can you please consider extending the Profession being set to x1 on 1st October......due to the unstable server...pretty please :o)

Keep up the good work :-)
    Yeah, would be nice. Been having a pretty hard getting everything done when Icecrown is down more than it's up and every crash comes with at least a 30 minute rollback...ended up losing almost 200 points on 1 of my professions, along with all of the mats...never made sense to me why rollbacks work that way.

9. Yeah, would be nice. Been having a pretty hard getting everything done when Icecrown is down more than it's up and every crash comes with at least a 30 minute rollback...ended up losing almost 200 points on 1 of my professions, along with all of the mats...never made sense to me why rollbacks work that way.
    It's not a rollback. Not sure why people think it's a rollback either.

10. It's not a rollback. Not sure why people think it's a rollback either.
    Well what else would it be if everything we do in the last half hour before a crash is just undone? Every other server I ever played has called that a rollback, never seen anybody call it anything other than a rollback.

11. Well what else would it be if everything we do in the last half hour before a crash is just undone? Every other server I ever played has called that a rollback, never seen anybody call it anything other than a rollback.
    A rollback is an operation where you intentionally load a previous state and overwrite the current one for some reason (corrupted data, a catastrophic cascading deletion or update, etc.). If we created a situation where every character was turned into a pink goblin death knight somehow, we would do a rollback to the last saved state before that to undo the error.

There's no rollback when the server crashes. It just restarts and gets the last saved state for everything. Since characters aren't saved every single second (and I don't know if everything about the character is updated and saved at once with the auto-saving) and obviously aren't saved when there's a crash, your last saved state can be from a while ago and not reflect what it was like at the moment of the crash. There's no "present state" being rolled back to a "past state"; "present state" = "past state" with a crash.

If you want yet another example, think about single player games. You do some major screw up and load a previous save? That's a rollback. Now if the game crashes and you lose hours of progress because the last time you saved was a long time ago, that's simply restarting the game and sucking up the loss, not a rollback.

12. A rollback is an operation where you intentionally load a previous state and overwrite the current one for some reason (corrupted data, a catastrophic cascading deletion or update, etc.). If we created a situation where every character was turned into a pink goblin death knight somehow, we would do a rollback to the last saved state before that to undo the error.

There's no rollback when the server crashes. It just restarts and gets the last saved state for everything. Since characters aren't saved every single second (and I don't know if everything about the character is updated and saved at once with the auto-saving) and obviously aren't saved when there's a crash, your last saved state can be from a while ago and not reflect what it was like at the moment of the crash. There's no "present state" being rolled back to a "past state"; "present state" = "past state" with a crash.

If you want yet another example, think about single player games. You do some major screw up and load a previous save? That's a rollback. Now if the game crashes and you lose hours of progress because the last time you saved was a long time ago, that's simply restarting the game and sucking up the loss, not a rollback.
    I understand now...well thank you for taking the time to explain that.

13. It is rolling back from the state the server was in when it crashed to the state of the last autosave. Think of it like an instant replay for a rowdy fan that just blacked-out. The server regularly backs up the data and makes one of those back ups right before you start attacking a mob. You battle the mob, success, it's glorious, but the server crashes (whoops, one too many lagers) before it backs up the data again. When it comes back online, it can't remember your awesome fight with the mob and has to rollback to the last autosave. You kill it again and this time the server stays conscious long enough to commit everything to memory. The single player example works as well, only this time it is a manual save. You are still rolling back to the last time you saved the game.

Not sure what this is a point of contention and hope the server can resolve its issues.

First ... 2345 Last