1. You almost fool me about not being a Draenei Male.

2. Anub'Arak 25 HC downed after about 20 attempts (even with the changes they made in between raids)! 30s faster than the next kill too!

http://i.imgur.com/sYAalMX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IHfvjzT.jpg

Congrats but it's not very smart to show screenshot of yourself abusing items xd
    Edited: December 6, 2016

3. show the recount from that picture, remove the black part. oh wait, you can't or it will confirm it.

4. Gratz with Kill.

I call Stormchops Police.

5. Feel free to find the Oil of Immolation on Dan's dmg: http://imgur.com/a/mjnBB

6. Feel free to find the Oil of Immolation on Dan's dmg: http://imgur.com/a/mjnBB
    However,

Dragonbreath Chili should not stack with Well Fed
    Dragonbreath Chili should not scale with Spell nor Attack Power and deal 45.000 points of damage throughout the course of an 8 minute encounter, and, thus, 1% of Danwithaplan's total damage dealt.

With the amount of melee characters your raid composition possesses, and if all make use of Dragonbreath Chili, you will gain a substantial advantage over the opposing parties from MEMORIES or Titan, in the event that they did not take advantage of the Dragonbreath Chili (de)buff themselves.

50 word essay _OVER_

I still love you

7. Memories would be already banned again for 5 Days+ if anyone use things like that ;D

8. I demand kill vid and logs from every guild who kills anub 25 togc ( : otherwise blabla

9. Dragonbreath Chili should not stack with Well Fed
    Dragonbreath Chili should not scale with Spell nor Attack Power and deal 45.000 points of damage throughout the course of an 8 minute encounter, and, thus, 1% of Danwithaplan's total damage dealt.
    Correct -- however, if you were to rank the commonness of "abusing" something, not that it justifies anything, how common would this be on a scale from 1 to 10? Do you think the fact that it's not scripted to overwrite something should stop people from using an item, that is, if they had the knownledge of that being the case on retail WoW? How dramatic, as in terms of how it affected the kill do you think this is, if the premise of
    and if all make use of Dragonbreath Chili,
    is wrong, and that the total damage on the boss from the effect (whole raid) was approximately 35k. This ends up being 35/59,4*10^-3, that is, 0.059% of the total damage. The total active time of 7*60 + 43 seconds minus 2 burrow-phases of totaled 130 seconds is 333 seconds, with raid dps of around 130k on the boss, that would've made the fight a stunning 0.27 seconds longer. Now, this doesn't justify it, as any extra damage on the boss brings advantage over other guilds and small stuff sums up in the end. It is just to put a proper framework around the numbers we're talking about here.

substantial advantage over the opposing parties from MEMORIES or Titan
    Now, that the numbers have been clarified, it's quite safe to say that there other, similar items/spells/enchants in the game that haven't been scripted as they were after the 2.2 patch, that might have been or might not have been used in many other kills or these Anub kills. The right approach to this would probably be to write a raider's ethics book on which stuff is permitted and which isn't. That way everything wouldn't have to be checked by the player himself whether something is fine to use or not, from questionable sources posted by players years ago.

250 word essay over -- this community would be a lot healthier if there was no need to witch-hunt over everything!

10. Do not forget, that these are my personal opinions, and I'm not one to ultimately judge what is illegitimate or legitimate.

250 word essay over -- this community would be a lot healthier if there was no need to witch-hunt over everything!
    That's certainly not what I think I'm doing. I'm sorry for poor structure, but I'm just giving you a swift response inbetween reading pages for my exam:

As you mentioned in your post, the frequency of an exploit happening does not justify taking advantage of it. Any exploitation is unfair and should not occur.

Do you think the fact that it's not scripted to overwrite something should stop people from using an item
    Simply, yes. These are among the most competitive players of the server, and should be perfectly aware of the function and purpose of the item. Doing that research is no hard task.

the total damage on the boss from the effect (whole raid) was approximately 35k
    It's not, however. I don't find that there's any need for imagination, when we have concluded what the factual matters are. Also, damage that is dealt to targets other than the boss also provide an advantage, whether great or minor - do not discount it, at least in this particular case.

It's quite safe to say that there other, similar items/spells/enchants in the game*[...] that might have or might not have been used in many kills.
    There have been several precedents. I know this from personal experience, but I am also aware of the usage of such items within other guilds.

The right approach to this would probably be to write a raider's ethics book.
    When I operated the PVE thread, and while I was a part of Infamous, I wished to make the competition as clean as possible, and was in dialogue with several other guilds regarding how we could approach this, but without any success - it doesn't mean that they did not have any interest in this, though. Hopefully we will see a healthy and clean competitive environment soon!

I still don't doubt that, at the end of the day, all other guilds have the same ambition as me, which is absolutely positive!

Great essay, by the way. :--------------------------------------)

11. Just want to point out for anyone complaining about dps. Damage on adds is completely irrevelant. We fought Anub after wave of fixes which contained fix of submerge duration which was increased by 5 seconds (now blizzlike), making us lose 10 seconds of dps on Anub. See you next reset.

12. I demand kill vid and logs from every guild who kills anub 25 togc ( : otherwise blabla
    this

clowns trying to cause drama because one trump supporter uses dragonbreath chili when none of you ever show logs or record your kills, let alone stream any hc content (not even 10m) xd

13. this

clowns trying to cause drama because one trump supporter uses dragonbreath chili when none of you ever show logs or record your kills, let alone stream any hc content (not even 10m) xd
    Clown. Just one clown, I suppose. That was me. I'm not an active raider in any guild, and I haven't been for 6 months. How does that help your argument? Does it excuse anything?

Darnias, if damage dealt to adds does not matter, then the experience is not "blizzlike", and you can not argue that any excess damage dealt - due to other sources which are faulty - to any target can not be regarded as an advantage.

First 12345 ... Last