1. Population, ToC 5, New Season & Arena Teams

When I first came here 4-5 months ago, there were 12000 players on the server, now in a steady decline, there is 4000-5000 at peak times. Whilst that isn't all bad and is still a big number, it seems exceedingly impossible to recruit for the raids; people don't want to commit to a guild nor do they want to invest the time and effort to learn the tactics to content. Naxxramas is being farmed but everyone has no need for loot since we out-gear it with emblem gear etc, so you already outgear it before you even step foot in there.

I thought the entire point of having a PTR server is to find the bugs, fix them and then push out the fixed content to the server. ToC 5 being released and only available to Horde is a major letdown, the last season ended a decade ago, at-least that's what it feels like, and we've had to wait patiently for new content to be released just for it to be bugged and unplayable, when the season ends, in my eyes, there isn't much to do, my character was already in the best gear it could possibly be in and ToC release would make Naxxramas and everything easier, so realistically everyone was waiting out ToC, then we find out it's not even achievable on the Alliance side. If it was tested, then it would've been a 'known issue' - but it was clear it wasn't, which means that, and I'm assuming, on the PTR, only horde guilds were invited to test.

So I sit outside the ToC instance, there are waves of Horde going in to complete it and achieve their 200/219 ILVL gear, whilst the Alliance sit in emblem of heroism & Naxx gear and there hasn't been a single post from a GM about this, if the developers are unaware, that is, in my opinion, very poor standards of care.

Yes, it's a free server, but the server is already on a steady decline in population and releasing bugged content is just going to push people away, especially with the anticipation for this new release and season. Another question I'd like to ask is, why weren't arena teams wiped? People started at 2k rating, which in my eyes seems pretty stupid as-well.

I'd like to know the communities thoughts on these issues, as people are already considering Lordaeron a 'dead server' because of what has happened, people are favoring Icecrown or just favoring another server all-together. Compared to other projects, I've heard the developers and the staff even get paid real money to do their job correctly, I'd like to add that I am nothing but disappointed with the lack of care, because it feels like the developers and the testers really don't, then again, I can't blame the testers as only horde were invited.

2. I agree with a lot of what you say. So many people say that the server is free, so we should not complain, but without feedback from people, there will not be much improvement to the server. Yes, thats why we got PTR realm, that is one kind of feedback, but it does not seem to complete the need of feedback that is needed. So far we have seen that the release of TOC was sadly very bad. There was still bugs and it is only horde that can do it.

There was also some delays on the pvp side. The arena teams got wiped long time before the TOC was released, something that made a lot of people stop doing pvp, because they wanted to wait for the new gear to be released. In the development log it was said that the pvp gear was going to be released with TOC - 21. september, but at the day of release, the gear got delayed.

I think warmane is in many ways doing a good job, but there are also done some mistakes, that I hope they learn from. When it is written in the development log that something will be released a set day, people should be able to except it to be released on that set day. If it is not released that day, people should not hate on people commenting it. It is a diffrence between commenting with reason, and commenting for hate.

In many ways tho, I think naxx will still be important for many. With the emblem gear it will be a lot easier for many that need it to be easier. This will be important for those who need to get wepons from the easier raids.

All in all, I think there has been done a lot of good stuff to the server, and I really enjoy it. Even tho I really enjoy and like the server, I will say that I have been dissapointed a few times now.

As the topic opener said, 4-5k online are far from a low population compared to other servers, and 12 k was not expected from anyone. It does not change the fact that the server population may still decrease. It may also stop decreasing. But to atleast keep the population there is, it should not be released to much bad stuff, for example TOC - it was a bad release, sorry to say it.

All in all, I love the server, so I think it is important to atleast give how I look at the problems. I have a lot of positive stuff to say, but it is the bad things that needs to be fixed, thats why I am bringing them up.
    Edited: September 25, 2016

3. Well being able to make a guild and be committed to it is something every person has to do it themselves. I play in cata and it seems that even with 1k players the guilds seem to be very tight and anything that would try to ruin them are quickly gotten rid of. In my opinion u gota find propper people to join your guild, dont invite randoms and being in a server who has 5k players and saying it's impossible to make a raid is stupid to say the least

4. Well being able to make a guild and be committed to it is something every person has to do it themselves. I play in cata and it seems that even with 1k players the guilds seem to be very tight and anything that would try to ruin them are quickly gotten rid of. In my opinion u gota find propper people to join your guild, dont invite randoms and being in a server who has 5k players and saying it's impossible to make a raid is stupid to say the least
    Finding serious people is hard, not blaming the population for the guild troubles. Just saying, it leads a majority of people on the pugtrain where they get nowhere, plus it wasn't the main point I was trying to make.

5. I just wanna point out that only 1/3 bosses actually drop loot in ToC 5, so it's bugged for Horde too and clearly wasn't tested by anyone.

6. I just wanna point out that only 1/3 bosses actually drop loot in ToC 5, so it's bugged for Horde too and clearly wasn't tested by anyone.
    Nothing more to add

Hi there, we haven't tested 5man instances at all.
    It's not properly scripted and sometimes mobs evade. But it's doable tho.