1. the gold squish and rate cuts SUCKS. The reason people play here is because of the high rates and now theyre ruining it. If people whanted low rates they be playing on Lordaeron but as u can see they DONT, and now they whanna make icecrown be more like lordaeron.

2. As has been mentioned the lottery is one way. GM's can also implement something like the black market on retail. Offer trading card items for gold. There are plenty of items that people want that from Vanilla and TBC that are not available that can be sold for gold.

Now this can potentially hurt your profit from donors, but if they're smart they can balance both.

And any wags that crow about "Blizzlike" please just do the real blizzlike thing and quit playing private servers and go retail since that is the only blizzlike exp available.

3. the gold squish and rate cuts SUCKS. The reason people play here is because of the high rates and now theyre ruining it. If people whanted low rates they be playing on Lordaeron but as u can see they DONT, and now they whanna make icecrown be more like lordaeron.
    dat OR because its a bit pay to win realm?

4. @OP

If your goal is PvP, either be prepared to open your wallet or get raped ad infinitum.
    I don't do PvE so I can't comment on that, but it should be viable.

5. @OP

If your goal is PvP, either be prepared to open your wallet or get raped ad infinitum.
    I don't do PvE so I can't comment on that, but it should be viable.
    Yep. If you don't plan to donate 300 euros and play warrior or ret/dk/dlock/ele you better prepare to get wrecked with no chance to counterplay. That's the state of Icecrown.

6. Ok, so If i understand what your saying, something needs to be done to take gold out of the game?

Is that not what the gold squish is doing?
    A %based numbersquish does literally 0. Sure, the price on X might go down 50%, but the gold on players also go down by 50%, so effectively the price for X is exactly, literally, factually, identical to what it was before.
    The O N L Y thing the gold squish accomplishes is to give all multiboxers who stack 25/25 completed quests ready to hand in on loads of characters yet another advantage and exploiters an option to abuse the system (by avoiding the gold squish).

Say you made everything in the universe 50% smaller. Would anybody even notice? No. Why? Because relative to each other, everything is still the same size.

As they pointed out, the only way to fix the inflation is to create a gold sink of a size similar to income.

7. The O N L Y thing the gold squish accomplishes is to give all multiboxers who stack 25/25 completed quests ready to hand in on loads of characters yet another advantage
    Well it will take some work to get started boxing, but there are guides online. Oh wait were you asking how to multibox, or trying to decide to do it? Seemed that way to me.

First 12