1. Is it worth starting on this realm?

I recently started playing on this realm and I'm not sure if it is worth continuing. I've heard that the rates for rep/gold/skills are all being reduced which will put me at a big disadvantage, and I don't like to wait an hour every time I want to play. I'd love to donate but paymentwall is absolutely terrible and have had problems with them before. Is it worth starting fresh on this realm?

2. Rate cuts are taking place October 1st, so you have a few more days to ding 80, max out your profession, get some rep gear and get your icc ring before it becomes a grind fest! Gold squish is in January.

3. In a word, yes. you have a few days left to get leveled up and power thru at least 2 professions.

With that being said, in terms of longevity, these are moves to ensure the servers resources don't overwhelm and accumulate. With a realm that never progresses past an expansion, build up is inevitable. I wouldn't be surprised if a gold squish comes ever 2 years or so. And it's for this reason, the gold squish is needed and professions at 1x is actually good for people like you. New players will earn gold with mats collected as they level.

So, look at this as an opportunity. You're getting in at a good time, the market will take a bit of time to settle, but gold, with more difficulty to get, becomes more valuable, and will stay that was longer. The mats you get while leveling, with have value now, more than vendor trash.

Will it suck for a bit? Yes, but overall, if you plan on staying longer than a month, you WILL benefit.

I'm sure some people may disagree. that's fine, change sucks, but it's the only absolute in the world. And if you look a little deeper. If there wasn't one, gold would eventually build up to the point it was in the past, and become utterly useless. (anyone else remember a time when the blood queens choker was 212k? that's gold max cap) Things on the Auction House items were so bloated new players were absolutely at a disadvantage.

(That's when I started playing btw :P)
    Edited: September 27, 2016

4. dude , regarding to do bql neck. ppl mostly reserving boe items , and icc weekly quest reward drop as well .. it is not like in past. u cant compare the price of it with gold squish. and also fixed gunship battle in icc , ppl can obtain another alternative neck btw. wasnt working b4

5. In a word, yes. you have a few days left to get leveled up and power thru at least 2 professions.

With that being said, in terms of longevity, these are moves to ensure the servers resources don't overwhelm and accumulate. With a realm that never progresses past an expansion, build up is inevitable. I wouldn't be surprised if a gold squish comes ever 2 years or so. And it's for this reason, the gold squish is needed and professions at 1x is actually good for people like you. New players will earn gold with mats collected as they level.

So, look at this as an opportunity. You're getting in at a good time, the market will take a bit of time to settle, but gold, with more difficulty to get, becomes more valuable, and will stay that was longer. The mats you get while leveling, with have value now, more than vendor trash.

Will it suck for a bit? Yes, but overall, if you plan on staying longer than a month, you WILL benefit.

I'm sure some people may disagree. that's fine, change sucks, but it's the only absolute in the world. And if you look a little deeper. If there wasn't one, gold would eventually build up to the point it was in the past, and become utterly useless. (anyone else remember a time when the blood queens choker was 212k? that's gold max cap) Things on the Auction House items were so bloated new players were absolutely at a disadvantage.

(That's when I started playing btw :P)

The gold squish wont solve anything. Everyone will have the same amount , being poor or rich. is just a number squish which doesnt solve anything.
    The rela problem is , proff and REPUTATION x1. What does reputation rate has to do with server resources or other bull****s? To put new players at slightly more disadvantage ?
    That huge amount of gold could've been spent on some lottery system, in-game, weekly. For a mount or something, dunno.
    Examples? Look at the dmg, get the idea.
    On cata, u get like 20k crits lets say, on a 150k health pool.
    MoP, lets say 500k hp , crits would go 100K+ . Get the idea? Number squish , in this case , gold , wont solve anything. Everyone will have the same amount of gold , comparing poor guys with rich guys. Just a number squish, the economy would be the same.
    Come on, simple economics
    Edited: September 27, 2016

6. Guys....I'm not here to debate you on wither it's fair or not, that is irrelevant. It's going to happen.

The way you guys string words together, I'm having trouble understanding what exactly your trying to say. Take some time to put your thoughts in order before you respond, so it comes together in a nice coherent way.

As far as MoP, and Cata, I'm not sure why your posting damage, and Health pool numbers, the OP is not asking about those expansions, we're in the Icecrown forum section.

I feel Lottery system would be a great way to drain gold from the server, I can't speak for why they don't put that back in.

Simple economics.. ok here goes...

More gold on the server means said gold loses value over time and inflation happens, no way to avoid this on a static server.
    Meaning: As people get larger stock piles of it, gold loses it value because there is so much of it and EVERYONE it. so when you go to sell something, if you crafted it, the mats cost you more, and you have to charge more.

Professions: as people level they get loot from corpses, that leveling loot, is almost always vendor sold, so the only gold a new players see's is that gold, but what if instead of vendoring it, (because more people will be leveling professions at a slower rate) they could put it on the auction house and it actually sale? Since the gold squish happened ( after a month or so the economy evens out) those items bring them a income. barter, it's is the lifeblood of a stable economy, more items for sell, and people buying items more often, means the gold changes hands more often.

As for Rep, I don't agree with it, The way I see it, it's a grind that is not needed on this server, the only advantage I see, is that it keeps you playing here longer, or perhaps forces you to consider donating sooner, since it will take longer to get gear if you have no guild, and/or friends to help you... ie.. new players...

dude , regarding to do bql neck. ppl mostly reserving boe items , and icc weekly quest reward drop as well .. it is not like in past. u cant compare the price of it with gold squish. and also fixed gunship battle in icc , ppl can obtain another alternative neck btw. wasnt working b4
    All the information i put out there and this is what your trying to harp on? lol ok, that was a on the fly example of how items got to a ridiculous amount before.. nothing more.
    Edited: September 29, 2016

7. Simple economics dictate that the gold squish will not do a damn thing. If I have 500 gold and everyone else has 50 gold vs my having 1 million gold and them having 100 thousand the ratio stays the same. So the squish will lower prices, but the spending value is going to stay the same. There is no point to it.

THE ONLY WAY TO REPAIR AN OUT OF CONTROL ECONOMY IS TO ADD GOLD SINKS AND TAKE GOLD OUT OF THE ECONOMY. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY. And anyone that thinks different has obviously not passed any type of economic courses.

Otherwise all your doing is introducing appreciation/depreciation, the value vs cost is constant.

Oh and the reputation diddling makes 0 sense, unless you realize that it might, might force people to spend cash to get donor items.

And if it was such a great idea than Lordaeron would be booming with people: and it ain't.
    Edited: September 30, 2016

8. And any idea how to make those "gold sinks" ?

9. And any idea how to make those "gold sinks" ?
    Lottery, like we used to have in past. Lets say 20k gold per token, which gives you a chance to get Battle tank mount or something else not obtainable via coinshop/ingame.

10. Simple economics dictate that the gold squish will not do a damn thing.

THE ONLY WAY TO REPAIR AN OUT OF CONTROL ECONOMY IS TO ADD GOLD SINKS AND TAKE GOLD OUT OF THE ECONOMY. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY.
    Ok, so If i understand what your saying, something needs to be done to take gold out of the game?

Is that not what the gold squish is doing?

I understand that the x number of gold is a arbitrary number, and it keeps it relative to what is already in the game, However isn't this what Bliz done when the damage numbers got to high to manage?

I will say that I haven't the slightest idea what Warmane's plans are, however if i was looking to keep a static server's economy healthy, First I'd reduce the amount of currency in circulation, and then after its been decreased, implement "gold sinks". At this point it's all speculation.

On your appreciation/depreciation, the value vs cost is constant, this is true, but as I said this could be only the first step, it's not like they ever post all of the plans they have up front do they?

Just because you've passed a high school level economic's course, doesn't make you an expert on that subject. Next time try offering some insight as to why you think the way you do, instead of trying to insult someone's opinion.

If it was such an easy topic to "fix" no one in the world would have a worry when their countries economy when a little out of whack. Don't you think?

I'm pretty sure that Bliz was approached in order for economists to study server economy because it let them experiment on how affect them, without the possibility of the world coming to an end.

Finally on your Lord comment, Lord is a dying server, it's population has been in steady decline over the past 6 months. With a decreasing population, you get inflation, not boom.

11. You can not compare damage with gold squish. Also, on retail right now there is a vendor that sells a mount for 2M gold and couple of pets for 250/500K.
    Let's say you have 10 BiS characters, with everything maxed out, every single gold you earn will accumulate, and ofc in the end you'll end up with goldcap on all of them.Gold sinks are needed on a realm that doesn't progress trough patches, even on a x1 realm. The thing is that there aren't any upgrades on which you can spend your gold, unlike retail (where gold is also inflated tbh, but that's also due to soloing old content raids and getting like 5k gold per run) where you have tiers which drain your gold trough BoE/enchants. Also, everyone who has some significant amount of gold will just raid AH the day before gold squish and end up being rich after it, nearing gold cap in few days. I don't know the situation now, since i haven't farmed in ages, but at ALL TIMES there were at least 5-6 bots farming herbs/mining nodes, THAT was a huge problem. Everyone can turn farming bot and do IRL stuff or whatever and gather thousands of gold by literally doing nothing. Hardly anyone has time to properly farm that amount of materials, and therefore they will be broke af compared to botters.

Also, as a suggestion, maybe if we could buy some mounts with gold, let's say Celestial Steed for 200k gold on marketplace, I'm sure gold problem would be history. Or, maybe adding some feature where you can "buy" premium for a month (to skip queue) with like 100k gold or something like that.

12. Can I ask you, if you even bother to read posts, or do you just rehash the information provided in unintelligible blocks of text.?

If when you read, you don't understand whats being said, reread it.

Those were my points, I made further up.

You can not compare damage with gold squish.
    Yes I can, I feel that are very similar. Which is why I used it to make my point. If you had bothered to read, and comprehend, above, you'd see why.
    Edited: October 1, 2016

13. Yes I can, I feel that are very similar. Which is why I used it to make my point. If you had bothered to read, and comprehend, above, you'd see why.
    No, you can not. Number squish on retail wasn't done because "numbers were too big", it was done because if you have large numbers constantly appearing on your screen your field of view will be limited (similar to for example druid full hotting 25man raid, have Trauma proc and pop GTS). One is an inconvenience and other is a problem that can put some people in advantage.

12 Last