1. Arena Season 5 | Season rewards

Greetings Warmane community,

Arena Season 5 will end on August 28th on all realms.

Fight your way and triumph through thousands of opponents and win special prizes which include exclusive rare mounts and dozens of unique game titles for the cream of the top PvP players. Depending on how well the activity goes towards the end of season and depending on our overall funding, Warmane International Tournament: Series II might get organized in the upcoming Fall season.

To also add, we are considering major changes to the way titles are distributed next season, mainly replacing the Gladiator titles (for all realms sans Blackrock) in the 2v2 bracket with previously unused Duelist titles and only keeping the Gladiator titles in the 3v3 Bracket. Feel free to share your opinions in the thread, feedback as always is appreciated.

Players will not be eligible for rewards IF: (team itself will remain intact as part of a rank slot)
    • Personal rating is not within 150 of the Team Rating.
    • You do not have at least 70% of the team's games played.

In order to promote activity in the 3v3 bracket and due to naturally low rating teams occupying top ten slots, players will only qualify for Gladiator titles if they're above 2 000 rating.

Suspicious activity, win trading and exploiting will result in account suspension and in extreme cases account termination.

WoTLK/Cataclysm
    Spoiler: Show

Season 2v2 Rewards

Rank 1 to Rank 3
    • Gladiator title

Rank 4 to 10
    • Challenger title

Season 3v3 Rewards

Rank 1
    • Deadly Gladiator title for WoTLK | Deadly Gladiator title for Cataclysm
    • Magic Rooster for each team member

Rank 2 to Rank 3
    • Gladiator title

Rank 4 to 10
    • Rival title

Mists of Pandaria

Season 2v2 Rewards

Rank 1 to 5
    • Gladiator title

Rank 6 to 15
    • Challenger title

Season 3v3 Rewards
    Rank 1 to 3
    • Deadly Gladiator title
    • Magic Rooster for each team member

Rank 4 to 10
    • Gladiator title

Rank 10 to 20
    • Rival title

On Mists of Pandaria, titles will only last one season, they're temporary.

Blackrock

Season 2v2 Rewards

Rank 1 to 5
    • Gladiator title

Rank 6 to 20
    • Rival title

Season 3v3 Rewards

Rank 1
    • Deadly Gladiator title
    • Magic Rooster for each team member (Blackrock)

Rank 2 to 5
    • Gladiator title

Rank 6 to 20
    • Rival title

Solo Queue

Rank 1
    • Arena Master title

Rank 1 of class
    • Supreme title

Top 1% of 30% of total players that have Solo Queue rating higher than 1600
    • Battlemaster title

Top 10% of 30% of total players that have Solo Queue rating higher than 1600
    • Warbringer title

Top 30% of total players that have Solo Queue rating higher than 1600
    • Conqueror title

2. Again Magic Rooster

I feel like Gladiator should stay as rank1 2s reward, but rank2 and rank3 replaced with Duelist.

In order to promote activity in the 3v3 bracket and due to naturally low rating teams occupying top ten slots, players will only qualify for Gladiator titles if they're above 2 000 rating.
    And I feel like this is not helping at all. We are just getting more Rivals because of it, since it's nearly impossible to reach 2k. Last season, rank1 team barely reached it on Neltharion.

3. If a tem is within 150, will it ger ny reawards?

4. Only top 10 for such a big server feels non-rewarding for the other 99.9% of the PvPers, maybe add some minor reward or title for 11-30, 31-50 (like the duelist title not being rewarded at all in Icecrown along with Rival in 2v2

5. rewarding Gladiator title for the top3 teams, just means that from now on each of these currently "top3" will dodge eachother (same as they are still doing, 1 game and who lose log off)
    As seems like warmane love so much giving titles for 2s, just reward rank one with Gladiator, is pointless reward 3 teams with the same titles.
    Looking for some proper answer about why always such decision.
    Also, giving the 2k req in 3s, but still doing top10 rewards, is just stupid.
    The 2k req works, if you give way a higher amount of lower titles (Rival,Challenger,Duelist) And rewarding top 25/30 teams who got more then 1.5k rate, which would help way easier to have higher teams then the usual 2k rank1.

Warmane never learn,i guess also this time you didnt asked to any pvp community.

Rip ques, the r1-3 in 2s will stop que while dodging eachother, the r1 in 3s will stop also.

6. Only top 10 for such a big server feels non-rewarding for the other 99.9% of the PvPers, maybe add some minor reward or title for 11-30, 31-50 (like the duelist title not being rewarded at all in Icecrown along with Rival in 2v2
    Funniest part is that they even expect to see a revival of the 3s bracket, while not even bothering in help it.
    Top 10 in 3s on 12k player, is a joke and is obvious they are not helping the new pvp people on the server to start 3s.

7. WarmneEleGiggle

Idk why they give titles to so few ppl's.. On Firestorm(WoD,MoP) they give titles,achievs and mounts(regarding the title), 1500 players get a title(and from 3s only, cuz that s the rewarded bracket, so there is 1-10 R1 title(wild gladiator, cuz is wod s2, achiev and the s2 wod mount, 1-40 glad title+the wod s2 mount, 41-150 duelist, 151-400 rival, 401-1500 challenger.. All titles come with the achiev aswell).. On warmane u get same mount every season.. What s the point lol..Maybe warmane are gonna remove the titles from 2s bracket(atleast on mop), to help the pvp community with 3s queue's and give to more players titles..

8. This is how you promote 3s bracket.
    Lower the requirement for shoulders to 1800 rating
    Do not give gladiator title in 2s and only in 3s and give it to rank 2-5 instead.
    Remove the 2s titles every season and make permament titles only obtainable from 3s.
    Add a tournament at the end, nothing big but just something to gather the community. Doesn't have to be cash but perhaps 23 coins each player in the winning team.
    Increase the arena points gatherd from 3s even more than it is now, which will motivate people do to 10 games in the 3s bracket more often.
    Give challenger title in 3s to the lower rated teams so they feel they have obtained something.

9. considering it was top10 for titles on both Rag and Deathwing before and the current population on Icecrown has more than tripled I expected atleast a slight increase to like top15 or top20 for titles on wotlk with possible addition of duelist to fill out the extra spots, little dissapointed by this fact :/

10. Does this also count for Lordaeron, it says ALL SEASONS. But it doesn't make sense, since the new PvE patch TOC hasn't been announced as far as I know. Thank you

11. This is how you promote 3s bracket.
    Lower the requirement for shoulders to 1800 rating
    Do not give gladiator title in 2s and only in 3s and give it to rank 2-5 instead.
    Remove the 2s titles every season and make permament titles only obtainable from 3s.
    Add a tournament at the end, nothing big but just something to gather the community. Doesn't have to be cash but perhaps 23 coins each player in the winning team.
    Increase the arena points gatherd from 3s even more than it is now, which will motivate people do to 10 games in the 3s bracket more often.
    Give challenger title in 3s to the lower rated teams so they feel they have obtained something.
    I like your ideas,
    Also lower elite gear req on Cata to 1800 rating.
    Remove Gladiators from 2s I agree. However make Glad only for r2/r3 in 3s.
    I'd say leave Duelist for rank 1 in 2s, then Rival/Challenger for lower ranks. And yes, make 2s titles only stay one season.
    Tournament is a good idea. A small tourney with rewards like 100 coins for each winner, X for second place, X for third and thats it. Then you can also add vote points rewards for top 4 and lower. Also run official stream and help promoting server.
    About Arena Points, I don't know because I don't play on Wotlk.
    Yeah, and bring back the damn Duelist, whats the point of deleting it?

Example of rewards for 3s:
    Top 1 - Rank 1 Glad plus magic rooster, maybe that legendary mount from AQ
    Top 2-3 - Gladiator title
    Top 4-5 - Duelist title
    Top 6-8 - Rival title
    Top 8-12 - Challenger title

Minimum req for Challenger lets say 1600 rating+ and min req for Glad/R1 Glad 1800/1850/1900+

12. I don't get why both WoTLK and Cata got top10 for titles when Icecrown is currently x12 the population of Neltharion. Before merge 10 teams on deathwing and 10 teams on rag in each bracket got titles, now only 10 teams in total of all those ppl (plus the additional 5-6k ppl that went active/joined after merge)get titles, which doesn't make very much sense to me, making it top20 would still make it harder to end on a title spot in Icecrown than it was on rag/dw.

I also agree with Sumic about the changes, altho since lowering req for gear isn't blizzlike I doubt it is going to happen. However, increasing the top that get titles(if not for both ladders then 3s only?)would make 3s more appealing for lots of players. I mean the population has made 3s the most active I've seen it here since I joined in 2011, but I can imagine making top20 get titles would encourage even more players to go for 3s, even if they are bis etc. Bringing back 3s tournament at the end of every season like Sumic said would also be a nice way to promote that bracket. I sincerely hope staff will consider these suggestions.

13. when Icecrown is currently x12 the population of Neltharion.
    First of all, no.
    When you check Dalaran at "12k players" time in Icecrown, you wont get any more people than Neltharion's peak time in Stormwind/ Elwynn. Reason why it is marked as "population cap" almost all the time is because of the bots or people that don't log in at all and don't get kicked out of character selection screen, or simply their player count is broken.
    But yeah, I agree that Icecrown should have top15 rewards, but not top20.

14. I'd like to preface this post by saying it's nice to have a forum where opinions are welcomed and feedback is taken into account, so props to warmane for that.

I do however disagree with some aspects of the top 10 title cutoff, namely that for Icecrown and for 3s. In regards to Icecrown it's a realm with 12k pop + a sizable queue, comparatively we had top 10 titles on both Ragnaros and Deathwing, two seperate realms, with considerably lower population. Whilst I think a balance must be struck on the title cutoff, they shouldn't be so easy that everyone has them, yet shouldn't be so hard that they're too unobtainable - top 10 on such a populous realm swings too far towards the unobtainable and I think will prove a disincentive for a lot of people even trying and thus lowering overall arena activity.

I think an increase to top 15 or top 20 to mirror the increase in population is more reasonable, even if this increase only applied to 3s. I think such a change would definitely promote activity.

Not sure of my opinion on removing gladiator from 2s, afaik blizzard gave glad in 2s during wotlk, so in that respect it's blizzlike, though how much warmane's hands should be tied by being blizzlike is debatable. Also whilst Duelist is currently unused, if you achieved gladiator, you were also given rival, challenger and duelist titles - that might devalue duelist title, or at least affect it's uniqueness and desirability as a top tier reward. Thanks for reading.

12311 ... Last