1. No offense or anything, but this is the very reason why you guys have a bad image on delivering stuff to your playerbase.
    You guys say you're working on something and expect to be done in a certain amount of time, but then, stuff like this keeps happening, where you shift your focus to something else, which, to be honest, could very much wait till you guys finish the old content because as you've probably have seen, almost everyone in the community doesn't want the changes at all, not even x3, they prefer to have the same.

And by shifting your focus onto something else, you'll be just delaying the old content again and again and that's why the community has made "soon™" famous which equals as saying never or next year.

I'll still give it up and say keep the nice work on fixing the realm crashes and everything that's causing the instability on the old content, but please give it the focus it deserves.
    I fully agree with you - having a "soonTM" be the go-to phrase when talking about anything is not a good sign - but what we have to keep in mind is that this is their server and they'll do whatever they want to do with it.

Realistically, we can all quite clearly see that they're doing it wrong by shifting their focus around all the time, delaying their "projects", prioritizing unimportant bug fixes and so on but we're just players and ultimately, even if we make some kind of petition, it'd mean nothing to them if they so desire. Whether they make bad moves, have incompetent staff, etcetera are their issues to deal with and they'll do it their own way.

2. Meanwhile the players are forced to invent new ways to kill raid bosses that are buged for months because the staff has to fix reputation bugs. Oh the logic. It feels like we have to make huge posts about one bug (like the pvp players did about bad juju, even tho ive never seen it being used in arena just twice in bg) just to have a chance at getting something fixed wich is quite sad.

3. soon, on warmane dictionary means never or keep dreaming, no offense its just the image that the staff give us to ppl that play pandaria, thats the reason why ppl are quit mop, its so sad what you guys are doing to mist of pandaria, i hope staff dont kill pandaria as they do on cata realms

4. Its all fine. Just like staff explained right now , reputation rates reduced took all the time fixing, cos clearly those were TOP priority, over fixing the bugged raiding content. Having bosses undoable and broken is irrelevant comparing to this rate emergency ,and old content is surely not as desirable as those rates, cos afterall ,community is there to be listened to - and it's all about the rates right now, not the raids and old content.Everyone stop whinning about broken bosses and old content ,cos we all know what we actually wanted badly for months,and months,and months - and thats rates reduced.
    afterall,you always have bugtracker where you hang with eachother and make new friends there to share QQ...and dw what happens in bugtracker - stays in bugtracker.

5. The initial patch of old content has some very weird issues. Naxxrammas has client crash problems and Icecrown Citadel has a realm crash problem. As soon as these are resolved, the first 'patch' of old content will come out including: Icecrown Citadel, Black Temple, Gnomeregan, Wailing Caverns and possibly others.

Technically we could release them all in one go, all of the dungeons and raids but that would result in terrible stability as we uncover a lot of issues that cause the realm to simply crash.

Also honestly, most of the work for this past month shifted to making reputations much better due to the rates change lowering the rate to x3.

First batch of content should be coming out very soon with the most requested instances: BT/ICC and after that SWP and et cetera. We estimate to have the whole thing out (all of the dungeons/raids and TBC/WoTLK quests ported as well) by the end of October-mid November if not sooner (if we don't face many of the crash problems).

ok ok ok ok,
    When is Iron Qon getting fixed tough?

6. No offense or anything, but this is the very reason why you guys have a bad image on delivering stuff to your playerbase.
    You guys say you're working on something and expect to be done in a certain amount of time, but then, stuff like this keeps happening, where you shift your focus to something else, which, to be honest, could very much wait till you guys finish the old content because as you've probably have seen, almost everyone in the community doesn't want the changes at all, not even x3, they prefer to have the same.

And by shifting your focus onto something else, you'll be just delaying the old content again and again and that's why the community has made "soon™" famous which equals as saying never or next year.

I'll still give it up and say keep the nice work on fixing the realm crashes and everything that's causing the instability on the old content, but please give it the focus it deserves.
    No offense taken. We can't just deliver a correct estimate of the date because the instance crashes the server now. We get the crashlog, we look at it and we try to find the cause. We can't just say 'oh this crash will take 3 days' to fix. We can estimate it but we stay away from specific dates so we use the broad terms not to consistently have to delay those dates.

The focus alone has been given to old content, one whole developer has been developing it for a while. Although when I said soon, the soon is much closer than you think. The estimate that we provided is for all of old content to be delivered.

Also, do keep in mind, just because reputations took a while, it doesn't mean that old content was somehow neglected. What was meant with that statement is that the team overall was focused there so some roadblocks on the old content's way took a while to remove although the developer working on old content solely works on it.

Again, I don't want to say the exact date due to lack of predictability but Soon isn't SoonTM.
    Edited: October 1, 2016

7. i still remember when on the realm we were like 8k ppl log, and now barely can reach 2k, btw pls next time dont say soon™ cause ppl know what that's mean on this realm, i hope u guys start taking serious frostwolf realm before gones like the cataclism realms

8. Also honestly, most of the work for this past month shifted to making reputations much better due to the rates change lowering the rate to x3.
    I don't think lowering the rates is high priority TODO, because you keep losing players on daily basis. People simply don't have what to do after they cap their characters in bgs/arenas.. The whole thing with rate drop is one big **** in my eyes. There are people with everything and millions of gold. What about new players? Who will start to play from scratch, while almost no pve content works and you cant have any fun as new player, what the realm can offer to new players at this moment? Maybe slower progress. I don't judge or something, don't take me wrong, this is just personal opinion and I bet a lot of people will aggree with me.

ps talking about the mists of pandaria realm

9. From devlog: "We expect to be fully done with the low level content release cycle next month." that means at the end of October.
    " they expect " bro they just expect

10. haha we used to rant the Blizzard forums with the 'soontm' in like '07

11. I dont understand why do you all expect of them to deliver on YOUR time. They are a small team that have a lot on their hands + they didnt yet go thru their deadline yet. As it was said content will be released by the end of this month (I am talking about offical announcement they made). Now they might go thru the deadline as it was said they came across unexpected problems which is normal since they are porting HUGE data into the realm.

I am a developer myself (not on warmane and Im not associated with any sort of warmane development team) and these things happen all the time, not just on Warmane but in the entire gaming industry, even Blizzard does this sometimes.

Now Warmane wants to deliver amazing experience on the Frostwolf with this content and we can just thank them for that. They are not obligated to release anything they dont feel it should go out, well they are not obligated to release anything at all, its their server afterall. I can understand your frustrations and everything but lets face it, the deadline is still 1 month ahead of us meaning it can be anytime this month. Last announcement they made they clearly stated "By the end of October" and as Proterean said it MIGHT be pushed by 10-15 days (mid November) which is fine. If they dont deliver by then, then you can be upset, but for now constantly re-creating threads about how it wasnt delivered by now, by how warmane is just P2W and they dont want to add old content so they can earn more cash from the shop, bla bla bla is just childish.

They will deliver the content once they are 100% sure it is working properly + if they push the deadline, I am quite sure they will release what they can by then and you will lack maybe 20-30% of the content which will be updated in November.

Also, regarding people bringing up reputation rates and such, they decided to do it how they think is the best for the server and I think its a positive change + they pushed that deadline (which benefits ALL of us) and no one brought that one up, but we brought up how they didnt deliver something half way thru the time they said it will be done.

Please from now on, read what they wrote about the old content release, "By the end of October" means what it was said, today is 1st of October which means they have a full month ahead.

ALSO not to bring up, half of you guys are crying about it and mostly its just bunch of guys (not saying ALL but many of the people who make threads like these) havent donated a single penny to support these guys. Warmane is not P2W but they still need $$ to give out paychecks, maintain servers, so if you havent helped them on that behalf at all, I dont think you are in a right place to even complain. They are letting you play WoW for free, which is amazing. Now there are bad and good things on Frostwolf but all in all, if you dont like it you can always move onto another realm on Warmane or to some other community.

Also dont get me wrong, Im not saying you are not important if you didnt donate, its just these guys are letting you play-for-free game that costs 10-20$ a month to play and they have to be funded by mini transactions, therefore it would be nice if you could help them out in that way also.

All in all, I think that topics like these should be closed right as they are opened to stop this childish qqing and because it has a bad influence on newcomers that once they check the forums for the first time they see stuff such as "OMG YOU DIDNT DO THIS" and "OMG THIS IS BROKEN WTF FIX IT!" which pushes a lot of people away from the community.

Thanks Warmane devs, thanks for all the hard work you are putting in, also thanks to Proterean for letting us know where are they at with the development and Im glad to see there are some offical news regarding the content.

12. That comment was far too long to read, but I did skim the first two or three sentences.

You mention it's their server, and that's true. However, the server wouldn't exist without the players, and their jobs wouldn't exist without the players. We make it what it is, we've provided the opportunity for it to grow, provide the community, and the staff just facilitate us and our ever-growing needs as a community. We appreciate them doing so, we appreciate their work. Most of us do, anyway.

Not sure what other points have been made so far, but the long and short of it is that Warmane have always done what they want, and will continue to do so with or without players wanting changes. Stay here if it doesn't bother you, leave if it does.

13. Only thing i have to tell about ur nonsence wall of text is: Paycheck's must be earned. And since you say ur developer by urself how hard is to revert/write code for a melee auto attack that only is bugged in one instance and make huge problem for 90% of pve's on realm? its doable but still. Or they need whole team for that which worked flawless before update 1month ago, and its comfirmed on bugtracker for 1month also and since than they can not revert? To be honest, I would love to get paycheck for doing nothing in my area of expertise.

14. One thing to note, is to not bring up announcements if it is not 100% guaranteed it will release.
    That is what killed off a few communities in Frostwolf since moltedown and the second wipe, promises that turn up empty.
    What should be done, as you said, continue to test things out, wait it out a bit and have others do more internal testing, THEN give a legit date, and then release said content.
    Low content, Strands and other things were promised a few change logs ago, including more low level content from last month. Making an impression is always key, not holding on to old demons from before moltdown.

As for those who left, some from said community are thinking of coming back, however, it is still unknown; also population took a bit of a dive too.

15. Only thing i have to tell about ur nonsence wall of text is: Paycheck's must be earned. And since you say ur developer by urself how hard is to revert/write code for a melee auto attack that only is bugged in one instance and make huge problem for 90% of pve's on realm? its doable but still. Or they need whole team for that which worked flawless before update 1month ago, and its comfirmed on bugtracker for 1month also and since than they can not revert? To be honest, I would love to get paycheck for doing nothing in my area of expertise.
    You have a code that was worked on for 6-7 years now by a HUGE number of different developers, someone new hops in, he needs months if not years to find exact line where someone hooked something to a wrong event/function or such. If it was developed by same team for 7 years that would be a different topic but the problem is that the code itself is huge thats why 1 thing can easily break another one.

Plus one more thing, its not the same to test some piece of code with 100 people and then have 2500, 3000 people activly using it.

First 123 Last