1. From Lordaeron to Icecrown - how is that?

Well, so I am currently playing on the realm Lordaeron. Since I don't have too much time to play games anymore, and I love high populated server, I was wondering about starting on this realm instead. So before I invest any of my time on this server, I have a few questions.

-How is the pvp here?
    (Is it balanced between the two factions?)
    (What arena brackets are active, 2v2 and 3v3?)
    (I the well known SM axe is strong, but is it really as gaming changing as people say?)
    (What is the honor and arena rate?)
    (Is there a big skill diffrence between the two realms? - thinking mainly on arena)
    (How long are the queues, both for RBG and Arena?)
    (Do Call of Arms work as it should?)

-I will mainly focus on the pvp side, but sometimes I like to do some pve too.
    (What faction is best for pve?)
    (Is ICC and the end game raids pugable?) - (And do people pug?)
    (Do people use RDF for leveling, or is it just people at level 80 that uses it?) - And does it work at it should?
    (Do people ever raid older Wotlk and TBC content on this server, or is it all in on the ICC?)
    (Is there a big skill diffrence between the two realms? - since I know the raids tend to be more hardcore on Lordaeron)
    (Is the drop rate from instances/raids the same as Lordaeron?) - I know rep, prof, gold, lvl rate is diffrent tho.

-Classes?
    Is there any class that are very overpopulated? I know that Paladins are often choosen more then other classes in Wotlk, is there a big "paladin population" for example? And is there any classes that are more needed (Will most likely pick healer or dps - so please tell what is most need of both roles, even tho the class may not be able to do both.).

-Sorry if some of these questions has been asked before, but atleast I could not find all the questions answered. I migth be blind.
    Thanks for all the answers! Cheers!
    Edited: October 2, 2016 Reason: Some extra questions about pvp.

2. Pvp is sort of balanced. Alliance win a lot during the night, Horde win a lot during the day. Depends when you log in, or if you manage to queue alongside a premade.
    2v2 is active, 3v3 not as much.
    SM is not as game changing as people like to pretend it is, it's barely noticable. If someone with it kills you, they would have likely killed you anyway without it.
    Not sure what the honour rate is, but if you play for 2-3 hours just doing BGs you tend to end up with about 30-40k honour, if that helps you out.
    Haven't played on Lordaeron, can't tell you anything about skill difference.
    RBG queue depends on your faction, and time of day. They can be from instant to 15 minutes+.
    I don't know about Call of Arms working.

Horde seem to have a lot of later-raiding guilds(9pm+ server time, sort of), Alliance seem to have a lot of earlier ones (5pm server time-ish). Both factions have end-game guilds doing LoD every week.
    ICC is pugable. There are dozens of ICC pugs a day, mostly 10&25 normal. Most don't get very far, but a few do.
    RDF tends to only get used at 80. It works as it should.
    ICC probably sees 90% of the server's raids. RS sees a bit. ToC10&25 see some also. Ulduar tends to only be raided by guilds, no pugs. TBC content is done now and then for achievements, or by the 1-2 twink guilds.
    Again, I can't tell you anything about skill differences, I don't know anything about Lordaeron.

Paladins are stupidly over-populated, and over-represented in raids. Warriors also suddenly seem to be over-represented in raids.
    In terms of a healer, good Resto Shaman mains are severely under-represented, and very much sought after. Holy Paladin main would also be a solid choice. There are a billion resto druids. There are actually very few heroic-geared disc priests it seems, but many normal-geared ones.
    In terms of dps, pretty much play what you're good at. Things which always seem to be under-represented include: Unholy DKs, Boomkins, Elemental Shamans, Demonology Warlocks. Can't think of much more than that.

Best of luck!

3. Regarding your first paragraph of questions :
    -Most pvp guilds premading in BGs are in the horde, but most of the pvp players are in Alliance for the human racial
    -2v2 is active, 3v3 is dead
    -SM is obviously gamechanger, but the worst is all the offsets 284/277 (sanctum/icc hc) accessible in the cash shop. If you don't plan to donate, you will have a very sad experience in arenas, almost everyone is fully geared there, and with that kind of ilvl, the warriors who usually run with full pve offset + SM are unplayable and will just two or three shot you with no counterplay possible even if you are fully pvp geared (the dmg are insane)
    -honor and arena rates are x1
    -I don't know if there is a skill difference between the realms, I would say that Icecrown is probably more skilled because it's more pvp oriented while Lordaeron is more pve focused (I may be wrong idk), but to be honest you can't really speak of "skill" in Icecrown arenas, 50% play hpal/war or a wizard comp with half pve and faceroll to the win
    -Queue time for BGs is around 10 minutes usually in the Alliance, and much less in the Horde. Arena proc is very fast if you are < 2k rating
    -Call of arms works but is not very used by the players, so if you don't want to wait for a long time just queue for Random battleground
    Edited: October 3, 2016

4. Call of arms BG hardly pops up because specific bg queue is bugged.
    More info here: http://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/20444

5. Realm is overpopulated by warriors, DKs and rest shadowmourne apes.

6. There's also a lot multiboxers on Icecrown. Loads of fun. :)

7. That joke that u cant win a shadowmourne with lower gear... not again pls rofl when i start new char and see them in arena at 1.4 mmr , 1.5 rating Hpaly + SM Warr i just cant stop lol' on them remeber they are donors - probably trying new things or never got oportunity to get Wrathful healm so - donors - low skill just saying

8. Thank you all for the answers, really thankful! :)

I have seen some people talking about the multiboxers on Icecrown, how big of a problem is it really? Are the multiboxers going around ganking in the open world or is it mainly in the BGs/WG the multiboxing problem is?

9. Thank you all for the answers, really thankful! :)

I have seen some people talking about the multiboxers on Icecrown, how big of a problem is it really? Are the multiboxers going around ganking in the open world or is it mainly in the BGs/WG the multiboxing problem is?
    Multiboxers cause problems only during Wintergrasp battle for alliance side.

10. Thank you all for the answers, really thankful! :)

!st - Multiboxing problem? well that depends on who you ask, if you're someone that takes the game way to serious, and are of lower intelligence, and run at 10, 15, or 25 players head first, and your main focus is PvP no matter what, you won't like boxers at all.

If your someone that gets butt hurt cause you can't kill 10, 15, 25 players solo, then you won't like boxers at all.

Multiboxing is a playstyle, and one you are free to try, however if your gonna get hurt by getting beaten, then stay clear from us.

If you like trying to figure out how to beat us with your friends, and coordinated, and like a challenge. then have fun with it.

There aren't many of us, handful really....

I do enjoy WG, and most boxers do.

Here's some advice tho, if a boxer isn't killing you, and you get the bright idea to attack, don't get upset when you die and have to do a corpse run.
    don't come on the forums complaining, about boxing, its not gonna change, and your going to look like a crybaby, like the rest of them that comment on every boxing thread.

If you do, know that, and I can't speak for everyone, But I'll be laughing at you :)

Otherwise welcome to the server! there is much fun to be had!

11. There's also a lot multiboxers on Icecrown
    There aren't many of us, handful really....
    Exactly those moments when I reflect about it while I'm scratching my head...
    Anyway doesn't matter, good job for bringing the discussion again, although I must confess I love all the helmets and shields you're using on the forums whenever the term "multibox" alarms around here

12. Exactly those moments when I reflect about it while I'm scratching my head...
    Anyway doesn't matter, good job for bringing the discussion again, although I must confess I love all the helmets and shields you're using on the forums whenever the term "multibox" alarms around here
    Exhibit A: This guy.

Don't come on the forums complaining, about boxing, its not gonna change, and your going to look like a crybaby, like the rest of them that comment on every boxing thread.
    I can't speak for him, but he might mean anyone that is 2 boxing or more, I'm saying 10+ . Do you know everyone on the server? well what makes you think we do? Back under the bridge troll.... back, back I say.

13. What I needed to say regarding boxing I did it on the other thread. Feel free to review it. If you're going to say it's complaining, then I have no clue what that word means exactly

14. Thanks again for the answers! :) I can see there are diffrent opinions, but atleast I know there are some multiboxers and the use of SM-axe are both hated and accepted without too much hate from people.

Think I have got all the answers I needed so far atleast :)

15. Hi, "re-opening" the topic. After what I have understood you can't get the SM-axe trough the quest yet? Is there any set time or news when we will be able to get it? :) Or is it ment to be like only donors can get it? :)

12 Last