1. Frost DPS rotation question

Hi, im new with dk and i want to ask about detailed dk rotation (burst, standard single target and AOE) for now im using this: IT>FS>BT>PEST>UA>ERW, then standard rotation: 3x obliterate>FS dump>2x obliterate>PEST>BS>FS dump

2. Hi, im new with dk and i want to ask about detailed dk rotation (burst, standard single target and AOE) for now im using this: IT>FS>BT>PEST>UA>ERW, then standard rotation: 3x obliterate>FS dump>2x obliterate>PEST>BS>FS dump
    First, I hope it's a typo in your starting rotation. Atm. you are missing a disease...

Single target

In dungeons and lower tier raids (naxx/uld - depending on your drops even toc) you should be using a priority system rather than a rotation.

Diseases > FS (KM proc) > Obliterate > HB (Rime Proc) > FS

For higher gear levels and especially higher arp gear your standard rotation is just fine. Your starting rotation has some flaws, imo.
    I'd always use BT prior and UA exactly at the moment you are engaging the boss. Then IT>PS>Obl>Pest>ERW. In your rotation you are using ERW before all your runes have been consumed and this is a bad thing.
    For UA you may have to train on a dummy as BT is always converting the first blood rune into a death rune no matter it's state. My suggestion is to keep UA on cooldown as good as possible, but just activate it after you finsished your 3x obliterate rune cycle. When to activate UA is subject of personal preference, tho.

Other than that: If you have a KM and a Rime proc always consume the KM proc first (using FS) and than HB.

Multi target

Spread diseases, drop DnD and HB as often as possible.

3. I agree with most part you said. However, the amount of wasted runes for DnD are not worth DoTing enemies for such small damage (it's also more of a tank tool anyways. notice the High Threat tooltip, though it's still questionable in warmane). Those runes could be used to proc Rime with Obliterate instead, or just outright Howling Blast away. As for any surplus Blood runes that may occur, it can be turned to Death rune with Blood Strike if Blood Tap is still on CD

4. Those runes could be used to proc Rime with Obliterate instead, or just outright Howling Blast away. As for any surplus Blood runes that may occur, it can be turned to Death rune with Blood Strike if Blood Tap is still on CD
    Relying on rime procs is a noticeable damage loss. While RNG might be in your favour once in a while it won't be most of the time. A look at the proc% will tell.

As for any surplus Blood runes that may occur, it can be turned to Death rune with Blood Strike if Blood Tap is still on CD
    The purpose of BT is to still be able to obliterate after you used UA. Both abilities have the same cooldown length, so BT should always be up for UA. Using the death runes generated by BS or Pest for UA will result in the loss of an obliterate.

5. While it is true that relying on RNG proc can result in damage loss depending on your luck, using an ability that costs a hefty amount of runes for lesser damage and risking yourself of peeling aggro off your tank (which may or may not get yourself killed, resulting a much more massive damage loss) for the sake of constant AoE damage is not a good idea either.

That's just my opinion

6. That depends. If you're just doing scumbag dps and cleaving things that do not to be killed (ghouls on LK for ex.), then yes, you should be using Obliterate instead. However, if you should be cleaving multiple targets (raging spirits on LK), aiming for a Rime proc is almost always a dps loss on targets that matter.

7. IT > UA > PS > BT > OBLITERATE > PESTILENCE > DUMP 2X FS > ERW > 3xOBLITERATE > FS/RIME DUMP> 2xOBLITERATE>PESTILENCE>BLOODSTRIKE > FS DUMP > 3X OBLITERATE > FS DUMP.

Chuck in a BT>UA>PESTILENCE rotation after your 3XObliterate>FS DUMP phase.

8. Opener (Burst with Empowered Rune Weapon): IT > PS > BT > Pesti > UA > Obli > ERW > Obli > Obli > Obli > 3 or 4 times FS > Obli > Obli > Pesti > BS > FS > FS

When starting without Empowered Rune Weapon: IT > PS > Obli > BT > UA > Pesti > FS >
    Repeat this after that (unless u lose diseases): > Obli > Obli > Obli > FS > FS > Obli > Obli > Pesti > BS > FS > FS

Swaping targets (or losing diseases to late, resisted or miss pestilence): IT > PS > Obli > Pesti > BS > FS >
    Repeat this after that: > Obli > Obli > Obli > FS > FS > Obli > Obli > Pesti > BS > FS > FS

Normal rotation (diseases on the target) Obli > Obli > Obli > FS > FS > Obli > Obli > Pesti > BT > FS > FS

If u have Howling Blast proc from Rime talent, use it instead of 1 out of those 2 Frost Strikes.
    If u dont have HB proc nor u have Runic Power for FS use Horn of Winter.
    If u dont have anything from above wait untill next Obli.

Unbreakable Armor in combat:
    Use UA while consuming 1st Death Rune and after that pop an instant Blood Tap so u get 2 fresh Death Runes for fast Obliterate... U need to be fast on fingers for this one. something like this in ur rotation: Diseases up on the target - Obli > Obli > Obli > FS > FS > Obli > Obli > Pesti > BS > FS > FS > Obli > Obli > UA > BT > Obli > FS > FS > Obli > Obli > Pesti > BS > FS > FS > continue the normal rotation.

DPS on a dummy for 1 week straight and u will do wonders. Practice makes perfection.

9. I do IT > BT + UA + engi gloves + PS > OB > Pest > ERW > OBx3 > fs dump > OBx2 > BS/Pest > Pest/BS and repeat.

How I deal with every BT + UA after the first,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Cdp0_2vKY

10. This is my point of view on how to FDK and how i play it, it might help u get into basics. If u find other or even better, ur own rotation that suits and makes u do more dps ggwp.
    Mainly, as any frost DK dps u want to get "Sigil of Awareness", that sigil boosts ur Obliterate dmg (which is ur main dmg scource, arround 30-40% of total dmg).

As a frost dk u want 2 things. To pop ERW so u can triger, how i call it, perfect Rune Grace Period, and to get in the Obli and FS spam as soon as posible without wasting any time on ur trinket procs. If u can use Potions, Engi gloves, any kind of buff that will help u do ur IT > PS > Pesti asap, use them right before u cast that first Icy Touch since more haste u have the faster GCD on ur IT and Pesti will be meaning u get faster to Obli spam part... More haste wont reduce GCD of spells such as PS, BS, Obli, FS.

After u dump all 6 ur runes u will have space for arround 3 global GCDs. Something like: 3x FSs, or: FS + HB + HW, or: HB + FS + FS, or whatever u want and can use. My advice to u would be not to use more than 2 of those GCDs for spells. Meaning: use 2x FSs even if u can use 3 of them. Save the third one for the next runic power dump after u use all of ur runes cos u might starve on recourses and end up waiting 2 sec doin nothing. Also u can wait 1sec after u cast ur 1st FS and during that time u might get 2nd Killing Machine proc and have a Frost Strike crit aswell on ur 2nd FS, if u dont have it alrdy. Dont wait too long tho, always prio using RUNES first over runic power.

Once u perfect:
    Obli > Obli > Obli > FS > FS > Obli > Obli > Pesti > BS > FS > FS
    u can sometimes pop an extra horn of winter, howling blast, or frost strike in ur rotation, if u have extra resources and aslong u dont **** up ur main rotation (i prefer not to use FS and only to pop an extra howling blast or horn of winter).
    It goes like this:
    Obli > Obli > *HB* > Obli > FS > FS > Obli > Obli > Pesti > BS > FS > FS
    Reason for this is simple. Rune grace period time. When u are in combat after ur rune is ready it goes for 2sec or 2.5sec max and reduces the next rune CD by that ammount. Meaning if u sneak in that extra GCD in there u will be able to refresh diseases and keep going with ur rotation.

In case ur pestilence miss or get resisted, fix rotation like this:
    Obli > Obli > Pesti (missed) > X
    X1: If u can still make it on time and refresh diseases with fastest Pesti of ur life repeat pestilence.
    X2: If u cant refresh diseases go like this: X > BT > BT > FS > dont do 2nd FS, wait for frost runes and go > IT > PS > Obli > Obli > FS > FS > Obli > Obli > pesti > BS > FS > FS > repeat the normal rotation.
    After this ur runes migth be a bit ****ed up from the "perfect rune grace period" and u can change ur rotation to this one in order to maximise Killing Machine procs usage: Obli > Obli > FS > Obli > FS > Obli > Obli > Pesti > BS > FS.

Practice a lot on a dummy. Again, practice makes perfection, if u want to be a good FDK u need to spend a lot of time on the dummy and get urself in every posible situation u can get and always tend to fix ur rotation and get to the: Obli > Obli > Obli > FS > FS > Obli > Obli > Pesti > BS > FS > FS and repeat part. Sometimes during ur rotation pretend like ur pestilence missed and refresh diseases with IT and PS just to be ready for anything.

P.S. If u dont have ERW before a boss fight its not a big deal, ERW will make ur rotation perfect but with enough practice u can make a perfect rotation in any situation at any time even without ERW. If i forgot something or made a mistake try fixing it on ur own. :D

Best of luck. Have fun...

11. gnimo the first part of your burst is wrong and is actually a dps loss, when you refresh your diseases the damage that ticks will stay static from what ever buffs you had on you at the time, using pestilence before UA is not the best thing to do.

12. Oh, one more trick, u can pop Death and Decay > Army of the Dead 9 sec before the pull (pop that DND somewhere where there are no adds so u dont deal any dmg with it and proc trinkets wasting them). That way u will get in combat right before ur runes finish their CD and u will start the Rune Grace Period instantly. This will postpone ur ERW usage. Or if ur ERW is on CD and ur army of the dead isnt u can DND > AOTD 9 sec before the pull and u wont be needing ERW. U can do it before u start DPSing the dummy and right before ur runes are about to finish their CD hit the target so u get in combat and see how it works...

@Verminslayer, the DPS loss u are talking about is basicly irelevant, like using Razorice enchant on main weapon instead of offhand, one Obliterate crit more or less will make more diference than using UA before pestilence especialy if u have to switch targets or if ur pestilence miss and u have to reaply them. How i see it, if i miss that pestilence or it get resisted after the UA u waste 4 sec on that buff which could be used for 2 Obliterate crits. In the end its all about the RNG, if u miss pestilence couple of times u will always lose no matter what u to do a DK with similar skill lvl that didnt miss those pestilences, or if he crits more than u. As long as u prio Obliterate and Rune usage over Runic power u will do good dps as FDK which is what matters in the end.

Again this is how i play FDK, and the point of the posts i did was not to make rights or wrongs but to show new players the basics. Anyone can nitpick and find a flaw in every rotation, for example Rifokelts explanation on how to use UA in combat makes him lose 1 Blood Strike, compared to my way, which again is irelevant if u look at the bigger picture. U should post ur own way of doin it so new players can test every rotation and find the best suiting them.

13. How does he lose 1 blood strike?, pretty sure he uses BT UA straight after 3xobliterate phase and the rotation goes back to normal, the way you explained to new players by using it during the 3xobliterate phase is actually making it more complicated then it has to be.

14. He uses it INSTEAD of Blood Strike in the normal rotation...
    Normal rotation: Obli > Obli > BS > Pesti
    UA usage: Obli > Obli > BT > UA > Pesti

I use it using the death rune that goes back being blood and on cooldown which i turn back to death and ready again with fast Blood Tap and use that rune with 2nd death rune for obliterate like i would in the normal rotation and just keep going. So its basicly like getting a free rune.
    Normal rotation: Obli > Obli > Obli (using 2 death runes)
    UA usage: Obli > Obli > UA (using the 1st death rune making it blood and on CD) > BT (ready up 1st blood rune making it death) > Obli (using 2 death runes).
    Its more complicated and ofc if u want a fast UA sometimes u will have to use the other way, but the way i explained is the BEST way to use it, all u need is **** ton of practice, to do it fast enough, and not **** it up.

If u cant see that it only proves that u didnt even try it out. I wont be arguing anymore since its not the point of the thread. That is how i play my dk if u dont like it, keep doing ur own way, as far as for new players goes, post ur own rotation so they have more stuff to practice with to get better and ultimately work their own rotation out.

P.S. Sometimes u need to wait for 2nd death rune to get ready and than use fast Blood Tap > Obliterate, or u wont get a free death rune. This mainly happens when u dont have the "Perfect Rune Grace period" and ur 2nd blood rune is 1-2 sec late on finishing its CD after the 1st. I dont know what happens there, its something cos of bugs i guess... Just wait for that 2nd blood rune and pop fast BT>obli and u will be fine. Practice!

15. @gnimo
    If you can execute that and upload a vid on how you do it exactly I'd be very grateful.

123 Last