1. [Frostresist Gear] Need some theorycrafter or link here

Hi guys, i'm Gorchak, the tank of the french Guild Go Reborn, today we kill our first Syndra 25 HC .I took a lot of dammage only only have the chest Frostresist item & Syndra trinket and i was thinking what if i got the full set (feet ring belt chest &Syndra trinket ) its realy worth it or have we a resist cap ? How that think work ? Thanks for future help

Gorchak

2. It's always worth equipping a full set of frost resistance for Sindragosa, yes. There are no "caps" or "softcaps" for resistances - the more you have, the better. Don't let anyone else make you think otherwise, they are plain wrong - Player resistances were updated in WotLK and no longer have caps, or thresholds against PvE bosses; think of it like armor instead, there's a hardcap somewhere, but its so high you'll never reach it. So just stack as much as you can get.
    Basically because you can never reach the hard cap for Magic Resist, you'll always gain a benefit from more magic resist. Basically, the more pieces of magic resist you have equipped, the better. You'll gain full benefit from all of the Damage Resist. Also, unlike with armor, resistances don't suffer from nearly as much Dimishing Returns (or DR), as sources of magic resist are much rarer.

Icebane Chestguard - chest
    Icebane Girdle - Belt
    Icebane Treads - Feet
    Titanium Frostguard Ring -Ring

It is also recommended to equip your Signified Ring of Binding if you have it.
    Also helping is the Arcanum of the Frosty Soul enchant and the Effulgent Skyflare Diamond helmet metagem, so if you have a 2nd helmet, such as a spare 251 T10 helmet or similar, it's definitely worth using as well.

Lesser Flask of Resistance flasks you up another 50 resistance

Pattern: Fur Lining - Frost Resist - Leatherworkers can enchant a spare Wrist item if you happen to have a 2nd pair of Bracers of Dark Reckoning or similar item.

Edit; I should also add that tanks with Frost resist items need not worry about threat on Sindragosa at all; Especially in a guild raid environment where DPS need to monitor their stacking debuffs, unchained stacks and ESPECIALLY since you should have hunters or rogues MD or ToT you at both the start of the fight, but also after EVERY airphase - always yell at your guildy-hunters to Misdirect after airphases, it is a good habit that will serve them well.
    Also Sindragosa Melees hit for next to no damage ((around10k per melee on 25hc against 35k armor), all her damage is almost purely from frost damage.
    With a full set of frost resist gear, solo tanking Phase 3 is a trivial matter as long as you rotate and manage your cooldowns properly; Saving trinkets and major cooldowns for frost breaths and blistering colds, saving bigger cooldowns the more stacks you get. If the fight drags on longer than you wish, ask for pain suppression or hand of sacrifices and solo tanking phase 3 becomes extremely easy.
    Edited: December 28, 2017

3. @raenel Do you have any post mentioning this resistance change? If so I'd like to read it since the only relevant resistance topic I've found on the subject is
    http://web.archive.org/web/201306101...chanics_wotlk/

4. Pre-BC, resistances were capped at (Enemy Level x 5). So against a level 73 boss in BC, 365 resistance was considered a cap, at which point a tank gained 75% Average Damage Reduction via resistance; This is no longer the case in WotLK. Yet many people still use the formula to spew nonsense that against level 83 bosses, the cap is (83 x 5) 415 resistance; or some idea that 415 is a magic number that you absolutely must reach or other glorified idea - In reality, the number 415 holds no significant weight for WotLK, as the entire resistance table was fully reworked for the expansion.

Generally speaking, the amount of damage absorbed per point of additional resistance is subject to DR, but given that it is possible to achieve over 50% average damage resistance to frost spells with a full set of frost resistance gear equipped; We only stand to profit in EHP by hoarding as much of it as we can get.
    Another way of putting it is that if you can gain 50% Damage Reduction without halving your Health Pool, it is a profit and a very significant gain in magical-EHP.
    Equipping 4 pieces of the frost resist set normally only sets tanks back a few thousand HP, which is almost negligible considering how much damage they will absorb instead; Instead most of the compromises lie in Threat stats, which everyone knows tank's have less of an issue with on Sindy due to DPS throttling mechanics.
    Edited: October 7, 2016

5. I still think that the 75% damage reduction cap was still in place in Wotlk. Sadly it s hard to find a lot of sources regarding this with EJ only accessbile through web archive, wowwiki/wowpedia being a big mess and wowhead forum posts being indecisive.

6. Well Ty for the comment guys, i have my spécial Gear for Syndra now with the BS set+the ring of the JW+onyxia ring 245 &the hodyr arcanum on my head, i got 415 FR unbuff without the Syndra trinket si that gonna help our heal i hope, i gonna talk about in 4-5 days

7. 75% damage reduction cap is still in place, but it's practically unreachable after changes blizzard introduced to resistance mechanics in 3.0.
    If you are interested in specific details, you can look it up on old EJ: https://web.archive.org/web/20120329...chanics_wotlk/