1. Possible to create stacking nameplates (as opposed to spreading/overlapping)?

As you may know, WotLK only has two options regarding nameplate positions when two or more would be in the same place: spreading and overlapping.

Cataclysm added an interface option called stacking nameplates (http://i.imgur.com/VPOTG62.jpg) which is more pleasing to the eye and more useful when changing target than overlapping or spreading.

I've already searched a bit on Google, and I think the answer is no, but... is there any way at all to make nameplates stack in 3.3.5?

2. i did google for it many days, no results...

3. The nearest I found is to use the addon called Tidyplate for Woltk and untick the following option : "Allow Overlapping Nameplate"

It's then packing the name plate togetter in a bunch , but not staking them as your picture.
    I keep looking..
    Edited: October 18, 2016

4. Glad to know I'm not the only one searching.

The nearest I found is to use the addon called Tidyplate for Woltk and untick the following option : "Allow Overlapping Nameplate"

It's then packing the name plate togetter in a bunch , but not staking them as your picture.
    I keep looking..
    Yeah, that setting is available with Blizzard nameplates too, but I just so happen to use Tidyplates. I mean, it's something, but since they are not stacking vertically, it's hard to tell where what enemy is standing - or even locating the correct target without them swapping places at least 3 times. On the other hand, overlapping nameplates menas you have to be lucky to click the right one.

Hope some of the searches bear fruit someday - in any case, thank you for your time!

5. The option is also on WoTLK as well, in Interface menu under Names category iirc

6. It's possible.

You need addon to use secure handlers to increase width of nameplates in secure enviroment. One has to use secure ref to "hook" WorldFrame in secure enviroment, then you simply use whatever method to run your secure handler script, like modifiers / click which changes width of all nameplates to something huge (like width of entire screen).

Since their width is large they will just stack on top of each other instead of being next to each other. It will mess with clicking into game world though.