1. Downloading update?

So downloaded warmane (Wrath of the Lich King (Old)) overnight and started it up and logged in, it tells me once i logged in that it was downloading an update, so i left it too it, i come back a few mins later and i see it asks to download a patch, which i click okay to.

it closes the game and Blizzards downloader comes up and tells me its updating the game from 3.3.x to 4.0.0 and that the file is 73mb.
    Should it be doing this? even so it didnt download, said that it had problems connecting to the server, but yeah, it seems i wont beable to actually play the game without getting past this, any ideas?

Thanks.

Torment.

2. No, do not update the client. You have to log in with your username (not email).

3. No, do not update the client. You have to log in with your username (not email).
    Thats what i tried at first, i signed into the website and it accepted my username and password, when i go into the client however and use the same username and password, it tells me that it is unable to connect, which i really dont understand since i can sign into the website fine.

would it be worth just making a new account?

Thanks

Torment.
    Edited: October 10, 2016