1. None of those really helped, and I do realize that setting the texture cache size only works with d3d9ex (which doesnt work for me!). My monitor is 60Hz. This is my new config:

SET locale "enUS"
    SET realmList "logon.warmane.com"
    SET hwDetect "0"
    SET gxResolution "1920x1080"
    SET gxRefresh "60"
    SET gxMultisampleQuality "0.000000"
    SET videoOptionsVersion "3"
    SET textureFilteringMode "5"
    SET movie "0"
    SET Gamma "1.000000"
    SET readTOS "1"
    SET readEULA "1"
    SET showToolsUI "1"
    SET Sound_OutputDriverName "System Default"
    SET Sound_MusicVolume "0.20000000298023"
    SET Sound_AmbienceVolume "0.30000001192093"
    SET shadowLevel "0"
    SET farclip "1277"
    SET specular "1"
    SET groundEffectDensity "64"
    SET groundEffectDist "140"
    SET environmentDetail "1.5"
    SET projectedTextures "1"
    SET weatherDensity "3"
    SET mouseSpeed "0.94999998807907"
    SET accounttype "LK"
    SET showGameTips "0"
    SET gxMaximize "1"
    SET windowResizeLock "1"
    SET Sound_OutputQuality "2"
    SET Sound_EnableReverb "1"
    SET Sound_MasterVolume "0.10000000149012"
    SET Sound_SFXVolume "0.30000001192093"
    SET Sound_ZoneMusicNoDelay "1"
    SET Sound_EnableSoundWhenGameIsInBG "1"
    SET particleDensity "1"
    SET gxWindow "1"
    SET checkAddonVersion "0"
    SET uiScale "0.71111111111111"
    SET useUiScale "1"
    SET realmName "Lordaeron"
    SET Sound_EnableAmbience "0"
    SET maxFPS "300"
    SET screenshotQuality "10"
    SET Sound_EnableErrorSpeech "0"
    SET Sound_EnableMusic "0"
    SET gxTextureCacheSize "6144"
    SET accountName "Cymbaw"
    SET componentTextureLevel "9"
    SET gxMultisample "8"
    SET M2Faster "3"
    SET SkyCloudLOD "3"
    SET gxVSync "0"

Windowed mode vs. fullscreen appears to be irrelevant in terms of fps for me - I have tested this before. What I really want to figure out currently is why d3d9ex is performing so poorly for me.

2. @OP

I might be hallucinating but I gained at least 20 more fps during fight with Fullscreen mode.

3. http://imgur.com/a/3jVXQ

1st image fullscreen, 2nd image borderless window

It is hard to tell if there is any difference since its not an intensive scene but I did try it in dal and there was no difference just like here.

4. Test these preset config.wtf files I made (save your config.wtf file somewhere, then delete it from WTF folder and paste the downloaded one), do not change any video/audio settings before you load into the game. http://www.filedropper.com/config_36 - ultra settings, d3d9 graphic api. http://www.filedropper.com/config_37 - ulta settings, d3d9ex graphic api. Load the game without any addons (some addon can be problem aswell).
    Also, since your display refresh rate is 60hz, don't you get huge tearing when your fps is over 61? IIRC I got tearing on my old laptop when I tried to raise fps cap over 60, so I had to enable vsync and triple buffering and set max fps to 61 to avoid screen tearing completely.

5. I don't get any screen tearing (at least I have noticed it yet), anyways heres the result: http://imgur.com/a/H7RTp

Image 1: Your d3d9 config file
    Image 2: Your d3d9ex config file (so same issue as before, d3d9ex causes me to go down to 5 fps)
    Image 3: My old config file (no shadows)
    Image 4: My old config file (max shadows)

The results show that Image 1 = Image 4, Image 2 was as expected, and Image 3 is what I always have

EDIT: Ya I am getting 60 fps in the picture with my old config, its pretty okay (the minor tweaks from way earlier seemed to have helped), it does still dip to 40-50 if its crowded but I guess thats to be expected in dal (?). I have yet to test this in a 25 man yet (almost saved to all of them for this week), so hopefully I can see the difference there if there is one.
    Edited: October 15, 2016

6. I see you loaded game with addons, which doesn't count for testing purposes. Load clear game w.o. addons (move your "Interface" folder somewhere then start wow.exe) then take screenshot, if you don't mind. Since settings do almost nothing, it's bugged addon. For example, in the past I had one version of MFClip (addon for spriests), that dropped by fps from 160 to 10-15. It could be something like that but with different addon, that's why clear game load is important to test.
    About d3d9ex, in my experience, it works better for specs with low video memory, on wotlk client this thing was quite buggy untill cata (4.x patch) came.

7. No addons enabled: http://imgur.com/a/AvEzM

Image 1: Old config
    Image 2: Your config
    Image 3: Your d3d9ex config

8. His config makes game look like Minecraft. Clay moving around shooting..

The solution we are looking for is (at least on my hand) increase of game performance without damaging the quality as we think our rigs are more than capable of doing so.

9. Both of my configs are ultra settings, Zelda1220, with only adjustments could be made by increasing multisampling from x4 to x8. The rest are maximum possible settings you can get in game.
    To Cymbaw, sorry mate, guess your problem lies beyond game client. We tried all possible solutions and your fps stays the same. Your PC specs are more than enough to run a game from 2008 on ultra settings and get at least 120 fps (which works out for most of players). Can't help much more.

10. Well... judging by the screenshot it literally looks like clay moving around. ( I know because I have been there.. feelsbadman )

I will have to conclude that it is due to s**t game optimization on Blizzard's hand back in 2008. They didn't see that we would have i7 hyper-threading 8 cores.

: (

First 123