1. Btw, who was the multiboxer that camped Booty Bay with his ret Paladins yesterday. I mean ok, WG has at least somewhat even numbers on both sides, but why would you actively hunt down people in a neutral town, knowing they will stand 0 chance alone lol. Are you so intent on ruining people's day?

2. You realize WOW Servers aren't that resource intensive right? If all multiboxers charged back all their donations and half the donators refunded their donations the owner would still have enough money to keep the server online adn still host another 10 of these
    You really can't rely on your tests or your personal experience to evaluate each resource quantity. Even though multiboxers may represent a low percentage on the money received, it's an amount which still makes a difference, which could be crucial in certain moments. Your last phrase however, is something that you can never assume by your own. Do you realize how much money you're talking about? The staff has answered several times, that as much as they loved to, they can not raise Icecrown's cap for the moment, which is 12k atm, Lordaeron having 12k cap too with a very restricted donation, and another 4 servers to sustain, think about the amount of money needed. Now reflect about what you said and tell me if your sentence sounds reasonable.

3. Btw, who was the multiboxer that camped Booty Bay with his ret Paladins yesterday. I mean ok, WG has at least somewhat even numbers on both sides, but why would you actively hunt down people in a neutral town, knowing they will stand 0 chance alone lol. Are you so intent on ruining people's day?
    Probably bcs multuboxers are losers who have found a way to be worthy and dangerous in this game regardless of their skill ?

4. Probably bcs multuboxers are losers who have found a way to be worthy and dangerous in this game regardless of their skill ?
    Ah so no skill takes to setup it all.Guess everyone is running multiboxing hmm.. How did i miss that on icecrown,everybody in town is running 5355 toons,separate.Jk.

Everything takes skill more or less,both real life and game.Only the amount needed is different.

5. Ah so no skill takes to setup it all.
    That requires sick google skill, game knowledge and a bit of attention.
    However knowledge itself does not provide skill - you may know you should swd blind, but in the game you may fail 24/7.
    Everything takes skill more or less,both real life and game.
    Among all Ragnaros and Icecream multiboxers i've seen only Purplebeer does not look like clumsy target dummy - he had some multiboxing special tricks n' ****, so yes, in some cases we can call him as "skilled" multiboxer he deserves to be called.
    Rest are garbages who rely on massive amount of windows and stacked firepower.
    Edited: October 15, 2016

6. You really can't rely on your tests or your personal experience to evaluate each resource quantity. Even though multiboxers may represent a low percentage on the money received, it's an amount which still makes a difference, which could be crucial in certain moments. Your last phrase however, is something that you can never assume by your own. Do you realize how much money you're talking about? The staff has answered several times, that as much as they loved to, they can not raise Icecrown's cap for the moment, which is 12k atm, Lordaeron having 12k cap too with a very restricted donation, and another 4 servers to sustain, think about the amount of money needed. Now reflect about what you said and tell me if your sentence sounds reasonable.
    lmao.

Business 101

They DON'T want to raise the cap because it forces people to donate to get rid of the queue. The queue isn't that big either, max queue I've seen wasn't even 1k so there's literally no reason for them to increase the cap.

And if you honestly think that the owners aren't getting 2k+ profit per month (let's be honest it's way more but just for the sake of it let's say 2k) even after paying for the expenses, then you're delusional.

You got no idea how much a server with ~18-20k people does, it's a completely ******ed amount and I'm not even talking about the whales which spend thousands of dollars on this game.

I've ran servers from tons of games and I've never ever been in the negative. A single minecraft server costed me 30$ per month for ONLY 50 people back in the day and it was making me 200$ a month, a single Dofus server which was kind of like WoW was very easy to maintain in terms of resources, a server costed me 20$ and hosted 200 people and it was making me 300-400$ a month sometimes more when a whale came.

If you think a WoW server with 20k people isn't making 10k a month at the very least you're delusional.

Just another thing, a website hosting that can host 100k concurrent people (online at the same time) doesn't cost more than 400-450$, you can probably even find cheaper. Ofc wow requires way more but I assure the owner doesn't even pay more than 2-3k for all the servers.

7. They DON'T want to raise the cap because it forces people to donate to get rid of the queue.
    If Warmane so greedy, why they allow to vote for normal versions of bis trinkets ?
    Difference sometimes so minor that makes people ignore heroic version - bauble as best example.

8. What you don't see is:

1.) This business is not static income/month. It heavily depends on if people are going to donate or not.

2.) Your little s**t minecraft server that holds 50 people or "Dofus" server that holds 200 people have way much less expenses than this server. I am not working for Warmane so I can't tell, but for WoW server to be optimized, it has to have MULTIPLE servers; one for login, one for character database, one for items, one for instances, one for battlegrounds, and one for field. Alright, let's say Warmane is short on budget so they couldn't get all of these, they still need AT LEAST 2 servers that should be able to hold up 25,000 people ONLINE at the SAME TIME with holding at least half a million character datas.

Those 25,000 people aren't sitting still doing nothing. They are keep on requesting something to the server at the same time. They are requesting to the server to make an individual instances for dungeons/raids every minute, every second. They are requesting to the server if skill 'X' is out of cooldown and ready to be used. They are requesting to the server how much skill 'X' has done to the target 'Y' and if target 'Y' is dead or not. They are requesting to the server what random items have dropped from 'X' boss with 'Y' loot table. Reminder: THIS SERVER RUNS 24/7.

They do not have a hardware servers hosted by themselves. That will take an actual office and people to actually take care of it, which cost money. As far as I am aware, they have a contract with another hosting company. Usually, for a high performance cloud server, it will cost you about 6,500$ / month.

You talked about "website hosting"... You are seriously in delusional or have no idea what you are actually talking about honestly. If you SERIOUSLY think an MMO server that can hold up to 25,000+ people IS DONE WITH WEBSITE HOSTING, you might want to just go give yourself a gentle pat on your head. Serious level of delusional at this moment.

3.) YOU HAVE TO PAY GAME MASTERS, FORUM MODERATORS ( I don't know if they actually get paid. I heard from Mercy once that "it is voluntary", but I do not work for them, so I can't tell. ), GAME DEVELOPERS (THEY COME, CODE, TAKE MONEY, AND LEAVE.). Working on TrintiyCore actually takes a lot of experiences WITH IT along with high level knowledge and understanding of programming.

You are so in delusional and denial, it is amazing.

9. They DON'T want to raise the cap because it forces people to donate to get rid of the queue. The queue isn't that big either, max queue I've seen wasn't even 1k so there's literally no reason for them to increase the cap
    This guy has absolutely no clue what he's saying. Providing information from his own narrow mind and spread false statements just because yes and too stubborn to understand certain things. Do you actually have some kind of proff or something to support your idea about Warmane forcing players to donate? No one, but absolutely no one is forced to donate, point 1. Point 2, check this link https://www.warmane.com/information, Lordearon and Blackrock both with 50ms and Icecrown with more than 150ms. That being said, would you really raise the cap and then forcing everyone to play with 300ms? There were 15000 threads begging to raise the server cap, especially when the queues used to hit more than 2500, and all ended up with the same answers "as much as we love to, we can't increase its capacity to avoid lags and stability issues", period. There's nothing else to discuss about it. Or are you calling staff members liars hmm?
    The money Warmane receives from donations is something no one knows for sure, it can be 1k/month or 100k or 1000k, it won't matter, only the staff knows what is best for each moment, it's not players who will say if they have enough cash for this and for that. Stop living in your own world and maybe try to comprehend this is a different project from those you hosted, which in fact is.
    Forgot to mention, more or less adding what Zelda said, this is one of the most populated WoW private projects, so think about all the DDOS attacks that happened here and Blizzard's attemps to shout this project down. I'll leave that to you so you can reflect once again. With your "great" experience hosting "big" servers, I hope you get to the most wise conclusions.
    Edited: October 15, 2016

10. Tbh, at least in BGs multiboxes arent (or shouldnt be) a problem. A good group will always win (see rbgs in later expansions).

11. one for login, one for character database, one for items, one for instances, one for battlegrounds, and one for field.
    Not to mention if they ever want to make cross-realm bgs(after lordaeron has full content for a year or so),that would need an additional server,and that would have to be VERY stable,or it would dc both realms if it runs into an error.

12. There are various reasons, the most important of which are it's blizz-like and there are some grey areas involved in pertaining to the rules which we cannot encroach on without adversely affecting others.

Anyway, this section is intended to be a sanctuary for these players to discuss their playstyle and etc amongst themselves. If you're coming in here to bash on them, you made a bad move.

Thread closed.

First 12