1. Mining problem

Hi guys, I recently started mining and I encountered a problem. As the picture shows, I can't get past 210 because everything is gray (I'm told when the thing I want to smelt is grayed out, it doesn't bring any skill/exp) and I can't learn a new thing to mine because I'm not up to 230, so only thing that's "new" is Truesilver, but that's grayed out as well. So what should I do? I'm really stuck here and I can't proceed. Any help? Please.

http://imgur.com/Ijo0tcV

2. Smelting is just an extra way of leveling mining. You have to actually go out and mine now if you want to lvl it up. I think at your lvl Mithril, Truesilver, and then Thorium to 300..then head to Outlands. Btw, Thorium is bugged in Un'goro and Silithus (it just doesn't spawn) and devs don't seem to want to fix this...so go to Winterspring where theres a bunch of it.

3. Smelting is just an extra way of leveling mining. You have to actually go out and mine now if you want to lvl it up. I think at your lvl Mithril, Truesilver, and then Thorium to 300..then head to Outlands. Btw, Thorium is bugged in Un'goro and Silithus (it just doesn't spawn) and devs don't seem to want to fix this...so go to Winterspring where theres a bunch of it.
    So what you're saying is that even if the letters are gray, if I mine like crazy I would eventually level up the skill?

4. So what you're saying is that even if the letters are gray, if I mine like crazy I would eventually level up the skill?

As long as your mining nodes that are high enough for your lvl. When you mouse over the node if it is green, yellow or red you will lvl up your skill.

5. As long as your mining nodes that are high enough for your lvl. When you mouse over the node if it is green, yellow or red you will lvl up your skill.
    That's the thing! Everything is grey!

6. Yeah, there's a smelting dead zone at 210 where you need to go mine. As I recall, you can go to the Searing Gorge in Eastern Kingdoms or Felwood in Kalimdor and level up there.

7. Yeah, there's a smelting dead zone at 210 where you need to go mine. As I recall, you can go to the Searing Gorge in Eastern Kingdoms or Felwood in Kalimdor and level up there.
    Alright, thank you, I'll try that tomorrow and write the results ♥

8. Btw, Thorium is bugged in Un'goro and Silithus (it just doesn't spawn) and devs don't seem to want to fix this...so go to Winterspring where theres a bunch of it.
    This is FALSE. Thorium definately spawns in Silithus. You may farm there and transfer seamlessly to the Burning Steppes, then to Hellfire Peninsula for Fel Iron.

9. This is FALSE. Thorium definately spawns in Silithus. You may farm there and transfer seamlessly to the Burning Steppes, then to Hellfire Peninsula for Fel Iron.
    Just went to see if this was fixed. It isn't...
    Went over every inch of Silithus and Un'goro and not a single node. You do know we are talking about Frostwolf here right?