1. Just to throw this out there, Low GS players almost always are in a non supporting spec. You won't ever see a 3k GS priest not in shadowform, EVER. This should change, people are literally terribads for doing that. When my priest dings 80, gets to 4k GS, he won't be doing a damn thing other then supporting higher geared players on my team. L2P.
    To be honest, I would rather see them as Shadow than Discipline (not even going to consider Holy for PvP purposes).

Having a low geared Discipline Priest is a huge risk considering that you might have a BiS Discipline Priest on the same battleground and they'll end up having issues with the Weakened Soul debuff - In other words, the BiS Discipline priest won't be able to shield other players because of the lower Discipline priest that doesn't have as effective bubbles.

This is the kind of players that should NOT join BGs...

4 GS > http://i.imgur.com/0iFrBhG.jpg
    Got this guy on my Battleground while running a few battlegrounds today. Made me giggle, not gonna lie.

2. LITERALY impossible.. 2.2k exp 6.2k rog yday died to sm warr in just few hits where he failed 1 time to deadzone warr and rip. results in Lost duel and you telling me a 3K-4K ROGUE can even do some dmg to warr? ROFL i hope you are joking xD same crap like SUB bis rogue vs retry most lamest Encounter (especialy the ones with spell power + shield )... no matter how you are skilled that duel u cant win as (rog) or you either eat and stealth which result it Long long long duel
    git gut nibbbbbbbbbb

3. To be honest, I would rather see them as Shadow than Discipline (not even going to consider Holy for PvP purposes).
    Holy priest can be decent in BGs. But yea, nowhere near disc imo.

4. This is the kind of players that should NOT join BGs...

4 GS > http://i.imgur.com/0iFrBhG.jpg
    For Gods shake, thats the type of player I had in mind when i started this post. Not the ones with at least frostsavage set that are trying but these naked people...

5. To be honest, I would rather see them as Shadow than Discipline (not even going to consider Holy for PvP purposes).

Having a low geared Discipline Priest is a huge risk considering that you might have a BiS Discipline Priest on the same battleground and they'll end up having issues with the Weakened Soul debuff - In other words, the BiS Discipline priest won't be able to shield other players because of the lower Discipline priest that doesn't have as effective bubbles.

Got this guy on my Battleground while running a few battlegrounds today. Made me giggle, not gonna lie.
    Yea but what if all the priests including the 2k GS dude are shadow :( which is the norm.

6. ye ye ye ye bgs are to gear up thats all .. MOST LIKELY que "with premade" /who some pro hero bg PvP Guild and wohohoo u get in premade with 10 mourne and 3 heals ez win, no tryharding wohoho

7. Holy priest can be decent in BGs. But yea, nowhere near disc imo.
    I agree. They can be decent. However how many decent Holy Priests do you actually see in BGs? Reason why I didn't consider the possibility since most of them have no idea of what they're doing.

Yea but what if all the priests including the 2k GS dude are shadow :( which is the norm.
    I'm yet to face such situation to be honest. I don't recall not seeing a Disc priest in every single battleground that I've done. I suppose I'm lucky.

8. i got hited by a war heroic throw once and it was 12k,i was 3k gs and died (could i kit him or dead zone?).Premades and BIS geared players at 1500 mmr are what making Bg unbalance not low geared and players farming for gear.Even arena at low MMR are disgusting facing boosted palyers.

9. i got hited by a war heroic throw once and it was 12k,i was 3k gs and died (could i kit him or dead zone?).Premades and BIS geared players at 1500 mmr are what making Bg unbalance not low geared and players farming for gear.Even arena at low MMR are disgusting facing boosted palyers.
    Well, that's what you get when you play on one patch only... There is no progression trough gear, so, eventually, almost everyone will be fully geared. If you want lesser gap between people, then I think retail is the place for you. And, even there, you can be undergeared (depending at what point in expansion you start).

10. Well, he is either fresh donor with 0 keybinds/macros or completely braindead. I get your point, gear (while it is a factor to some degree) is not as important as some people make it out to be. Your example is just as extreme as his tho. I've seen a video where Flyn is beating a glad warrior with nothing but R1 frostbolt+ice lance spam (or R1 frostbolt+wand, it was long time ago), that doesn't mean everyone can do it.
    Of course not everyone can do that. But that doesn't change that I have seen it actually happen (this story was not made up, I promise you). Things like Engineer bombs that incapacitate and Frostweave Nets make such feats even easier.

As for the "braindead" part. How often do you see players at that level on here? Rhetorical question. You don't. What does that mean who is left for the pool of players that actually participate in competitive PvP? The majority of which leave much to be desired in terms of skill. I know it. You know it. Several people in this thread know it. So what happens to the Skill vs. Gear balance when one end of this spectrum is missing? Yep, the other side becomes king. Hence why this thread exists.

I'm not going to claim that gear isn't important, because it is. However, saying things like "this guy beat me because he has Shadowmourne" is just plain dumb.

11. "this guy beat me because he has Shadowmourne" is 100% true now days,i am sorry but it's true and by the way the issue is not 1vs1 its more about arena,you can fake cast the dump war or dk forever and kit him for like an eternity but once he link into you it's forcing all your defensive cooldowns without them popping swifty one shot macros yet.Besides it's not 2010 anymore ,everyone can figure out how to play faster than it used to be before.Class and game mechanic knowledge is a not anymore a thing.
    PS: i was a molten duel hero and was camping duel zones since molten release with semi rp gear and undefeated on duels for months.But again its 1vs1.
    Edited: October 24, 2016

12. "this guy beat me because he has Shadowmourne" is 100% true now days,i am sorry but it's true
    It isn't though. A Warrior or Paladin should never beat a good and decently geared Frost Mage, for example. Shadowmourne does not equate to auto-win.

13. Various ppl play bgs for various reasons, i can say that when i played on Stormscale EU which was one of the most "hardcore" pvp realms in the world back then i entered EoTs bg right after dinging lv 80 with about 2k gs and i topped the healing chart with my hpala. So yeah the problem is that most ppl are nubs and that's how it is, no matter how much "gs" they have. I could do more with less gear then most ppl would do with more gear, besides bgs are where you get the honor to purchase the pvp gear, so where do you want those fresh 80s to go to farm pvp gear???

I don't understand ppl who see bgs as just a means to get gear btw, like if you LIKE pvp, you'd play bgs all the time anyway, regardless of the gear. So you start them after dining 80 and you keep playing after u have the gear.

Also what is this weird opinion that ppl should go do pve (frozen halls dungs etc) to get some gear and then enter the bg? I start bgs as soon as i ding 80 and cos i have skill, i actually do more to win than most ppl with gear. Besides i don't give a **** that it takes longer to get to the same gs in bgs, cos i LIKE pvp and i will play bgs even after i'm geared. Why the **** would i first go do pve that i don't like, to get some gear that i will replace anyways with bg gear, if i could just right off the bat enter bg and start earning that gear...?
    Edited: October 26, 2016

14. It isn't though. A Warrior or Paladin should never beat a good and decently geared Frost Mage, for example. Shadowmourne does not equate to auto-win.
    Rofl now you bring in a bloody frost mage. That's just ONE class/spec...i mean u brought the very worst enemy a warr would meet, a Fmage. What about everyone else? In order to say that a dual trink SM full BiS warr won't automatically win, you had to mention the counter to a warr basically. What about everyone else rofl? 50% healing reduced with MS + some nice hc dual trink full bis SM crits and ur on the ground no matter how "skilled" you are. Most people don't have uber reflexes and haven't played 10 000 arena games like some nolifer pros, with the same person all the time and with good communication. **** these warrs literally carry crappy healers to good ratings rofl.

I mean Icecrown = the same as Molten. I remember playing hpala with my dk irl friend and we started 2v2ing, got to around 1,7k-1,8k and all we encountered from there on was basically 6k gs + ppl or full BiS smourne warr+heal comps with plenty of keyboardturning healers getting carried by mortal strike rofl. I mean that kind of crap is very disheartening to ppl that are wearing relentless and just started playing arena.
    Edited: October 26, 2016

15. 325 Triumphs from eot farm and you are set to enter bg s with 5 mainset furious and with supporting PvE pieces near 5k. You wont be able to do much still alone yet, if you go with team tactics you may actually be usefull at least. And unlike how people say Skill > Gear, its not like that till you raise your gear to a reasonable amount like 6k ish or lesser for some classes. Even the player plays like robot at 5k, he cant beat smourner imba warri ONLY with skill.

@Marcus
    You can only heal at 2k gs if enemy faction is not targeting you and your teammembers protecting you. You topping the chart prolly when there wasnt any healers there cause even mana would be an issue for you. And I d like to see you going 2k ish hpala doing bg at anytime with that crappy sp amount.

First 12345 ... Last