1. I think it is a good idea and it will make this game a bit harder . And people you should remember that they dont owe you anything and newcomers shouldnt get anything . This is a grind game ,work your *** , learn the game and dont cry for free items .

2. Well you all missed my point completely. My point isn't to remove the coin shop (i was just giving an exampel) but not to remove the point shop which was a great balance to the p2w shop. It was a great way for non donors to feel that they have a chance against the donors, while still giving the edge to donors because the gear in coin shop is better. But whatever, p2w is just a short term thing when it comes to profit, i've seen hundreds of games that i loved fail because of it and i don't want it happen to the server i love. But to each their own. If you think that p2w is the way to go, i can't stop you, i'm just giving you an honest opinion.

3. Anyone who's talking about free mounts and vanity items needs to know that we host events every single day and we reward those in events. Feel free to participate and obtain them.

This was a natural decision that needed to be made, the point shop is too easy and unfair to people who either donate and maintain the server and bear the entire community on their shoulders and unfair to the people who obtain those items by raiding and playing in the game.

The time was given to spend your existing points only for those that are missing 2 or 3 points, after that the changes will be set in stone and that is it.
    So what is the change?

And what about the time when u opened that shop and I said that ICC items in shop is stupid idea?

4. Sucks for new people who came here to mainly pvp, thinking it was nice you could get trinkets via points :(

I understand that you want to change things, and you can do whatever you want since it's your server, but a little bit more of a heads up would have been nice. Kinda committed and devoted a bit of time (and money) here with a friend, planning that we could get things (trinkets mainly) via points.
    Edited: October 20, 2016

5. It is not a glitch, bug or anything of the sorts, apparently ICC point shop is getting a nerf because is unhealthy to get an ítem that you can get in a raid by just logging in to the website and get points lol

6. Well you all missed my point completely. My point isn't to remove the coin shop (i was just giving an exampel) but not to remove the point shop which was a great balance to the p2w shop. It was a great way for non donors to feel that they have a chance against the donors, while still giving the edge to donors because the gear in coin shop is better. But whatever, p2w is just a short term thing when it comes to profit, i've seen hundreds of games that i loved fail because of it and i don't want it happen to the server i love. But to each their own. If you think that p2w is the way to go, i can't stop you, i'm just giving you an honest opinion.
    The balance to the people who donate to maintain the server comes from getting the items in-game, by playing the game, not with free stuff out of a daily click. And no, you're not giving an "honest opinion," you're giving a biased one where this change has the purpose of magically making us swim in money, hence why we are doing it, despite all our other decisions and limitations that actually reduce donations by giving incentive for players to play the damn game.

But hey, my old proposal - that funnily no one has ever accepted - stands: would you be up to donating to keep someone else from buying gear with coins? Because our costs aren't going away and, as surprising as it might be, the amount of people who donate out of sincere desire to just help and no intention of "buying" gear is rather on the short end.

7. Not everyone can donate-my card is accepted to pay for twitch subs,pay for something at ebay,youtube,other sites,but to the warmane site its non-existent."Grinding" would sound okay,that's what most people would do IF it was doable-to name some things SHM,Val'anyr,RS was undoable for half a year,ToGC 25 is a pia-nothing close to what it should be.Also,the ID system will remain bugged-ICC normal and heroic doesn't share the same ID as it should-how's that okay then?If the SHM line will get fixed,one can do it in 3 weeks(50 shards)-thats not even close to how much you need to grind.

8. Not everyone can donate-my card is accepted to pay for twitch subs,pay for something at ebay,youtube,other sites,but to the warmane site its non-existent."Grinding" would sound okay,that's what most people would do IF it was doable-to name some things SHM,Val'anyr,RS was undoable for half a year,ToGC 25 is a pia-nothing close to what it should be.Also,the ID system will remain bugged-ICC normal and heroic doesn't share the same ID as it should-how's that okay then?If the SHM line will get fixed,one can do it in 3 weeks(50 shards)-thats not even close to how much you need to grind.
    You just mentioned how easy it is to gear with this points. Considering that under normal circumstances you wouldn't be able to do ICC 25 Normal and ICC 25 Heroic on the same week, you have an open spot to get that done twice per week therefore more chance of loot upgrades. So that's a huge facility for the community to gear their alts or mains. So, being aware of this, what's the issue with the grinding?

As far as I'm aware, Proterean stated somewhere in this forums that GM's would help you with the Val'anyr questline once you had it set and done and as far as I've read from his posts the Shadowmourne quest is being polished as well. Since he's roaming around here, I guess he can fix my statement if I'm wrong but that's what I've seen around this forums during the last weeks. About the donation problems, there are multiple payment solutions and I can tell you that I was one of the persons that was getting his credit card declined however I found a way to go through it. If others were able to find a solution for the problem, so can you.

But hey, my old proposal - that funnily no one has ever accepted - stands: would you be up to donating to keep someone else from buying gear with coins? Because our costs aren't going away and, as surprising as it might be, the amount of people who donate out of sincere desire to just help and no intention of "buying" gear is rather on the short end.
    Your post made me wonder about one thing in specific; Considering that you need to pay a monthly fee to play on Retail I don't understand why people generalize the so called "donors" as people that are "pay 2 win". As far as I'm aware, those people are the ones who allow others to play without paying a single dime so I can't get it. I know my point will sound extreme with what I'm about to say but the ones who state that they can't afford to throw 10/20 euros to the server, I'm sorry, but you shouldn't even be playing in the first place because under normal circumstances, you wouldn't be able to afford the monthly fee either.

9. Wooo! 6 pages of salt...now I'm all thirsty.
    But yeah...I don't really know what the fuss is about >.> ... get off your lazy *** from trade chat and raid if you really wanted the gear.. join a guild...or grind.. People gettin fat and lazy from all the spoon feeding. Don't be that guy that complains every single change.. if you don't wanna play a naked toon then pay and support the server or grind....****ing lazy cats >.>

10. The Shadowmourne quest and the Val'anyr quest lines can be both completed by simply PMing me or Aldtharios. There's only one issue with Shadowmourne that needs to be fixed. As matter of fact, we'll try to get it out today.

11. But hey, my old proposal - that funnily no one has ever accepted - stands: would you be up to donating to keep someone else from buying gear with coins? Because our costs aren't going away and, as surprising as it might be, the amount of people who donate out of sincere desire to just help and no intention of "buying" gear is rather on the short end.
    That's because most people don't understand what the concept of 'donation' means. The bar and expectation has already been set: if someone gives money, they should get something in return.

I've had people still try to argue this point but they somehow come up short either with angry replies or silence. On another private server forum I had someone reply to a similar statement above with "What world do you live in?". My answer was simple: "The one that understands what the word 'donation' means.

12. Perfect, this is absoloutely right imo. End-game non heroic items have no place in the point shop, no more nekkid and non-achieved people running around with rs 25 trinkets and lk 25 weapons, yay!

In my opinion, any gear at all should be taken out of VP shop and all the cool annd fun stuff like mounts, companions, foam sword racks, the thingies that transform your looks [like the gnomish infantry one], etc. should be brought back instead.

I get that GM's are hosting events for them and thats really cool [I'm participating in them myself] , but perhaps the event prizes could be a little different, so the old point shop could come back. I still havent figured what could be those other prizes, but im cracking my mind up for it, gonna update this post when I come up with something.

It just doesnt seem right voting 14-16 days [depending on your status] for a PoS hc item, makes no sense at all of having the vote shop active. Okay, the Ulduar items and all the Herald gear is kinda cool to have, but then the VP shop needs rescaling. Not sorting prices by ilvl, but by the difficulity of obtaining the particular item [what instance/dungeon it comes from, how far in the instance/dungeon it drops, etc.]. At the moment Algalons trinket costs less than a PoS hc trinket, that seems kina weird, haha.

Anyhow, I'm happy for these changes and I will be thinking of something to replace the event prizes with something thats not any less cooler + could make the old vote point shop with the fun stuff come back!

Peace out, Karold.

13. You just mentioned how easy it is to gear with this points. Considering that under normal circumstances you wouldn't be able to do ICC 25 Normal and ICC 25 Heroic on the same week, you have an open spot to get that done twice per week therefore more chance of loot upgrades. So that's a huge facility for the community to gear their alts or mains. So, being aware of this, what's the issue with the grinding?

As far as I'm aware, Proterean stated somewhere in this forums that GM's would help you with the Val'anyr questline once you had it set and done and as far as I've read from his posts the Shadowmourne quest is being polished as well. Since he's roaming around here, I guess he can fix my statement if wrong but that's what I've seen around this forums during the last weeks. About the donation problems, there are multiple payment ways and I can tell you that I was one of the persons that was getting his credit card declined however I found a way to go through it. If others could you also can go through it.
    I never mentioned how easy to gear with points,but I'll give you that,its very easy(though a full 25n bis takes a year or so).But still,pug leaders won't change their minds-achievment,high gear or GTFO attitude will stay,no matter what(sometimes they don't accept even mains achievment).I don't mind removing the shop,but it won't change a thing,pug leaders will still ask for ridicolous gear,ar achievments they obtained when things werent working even close to how they should.So does guilds-they need high geared people to down stuff,not someone with let's say full 10m gear.IMO the point shop only helped those who had game knowledge before obtaining the items,bad players would be booted from the instance nonetheless how much gear they have-free or bought.And what does the double ICC means?Yes,it makes grinding easier than it should be,so it could be fixed on the same note.Also,there are no mobile donations aviable from my country,paymentwall is declined for me too-only thing thats left is my cc,which got denied too.The only way would be to change banks,which would mean worse conditions for me.

14. The old voteshop won't be back. The point shop 2.0 will only feature northrend epic gear up to toc 10 N

15. The balance to the people who donate to maintain the server comes from getting the items in-game, by playing the game, not with free stuff out of a daily click. And no, you're not giving an "honest opinion," you're giving a biased one where this change has the purpose of magically making us swim in money, hence why we are doing it, despite all our other decisions and limitations that actually reduce donations by giving incentive for players to play the damn game.

Where the hell did i say that this is going to magically make you money? I said that it will actualy make you less money in the long run. And my opinion is totally honest. And if warmane wasn't pay to win i would gladly give my money to keep it alive. About the people not donating out the goodness of their hearts it's because you don't ask for it. If you anounced "We will be removing the p2w shop but we will need you to donate so we can keep it alive" i'm sure that a lot of people would do it. Vanity items shop is also a good thing. Best example i have is Star Citizen which received tens of millions of dollars only by player donations. And don't pretend that there aren't private servers without a cash shop that operate just fine. And about the balance coming from the people that grind in the actual game, i would say there isn't much balance when i have to grind for a year to get bis items and a donor has to click and pay and he gets it in a few seconds. Where's the balance in that?

First ... 45678 ... Last