1. @Proterean i have the biggest respect for you and the staff and i wasn't trying to diminish the work you do, which is why i understand that warmane can't function without a cash shop, i was just arguing with the people that said that servers can't exist without a cash shop. And yeah the topic did get derailed a bit xD Ok, a bit of a suggestion: What about enabling the point shop gear only to donors? That way you can't say that people who get the free gear never contributed to the server.

2. Sucks for new people who came here to mainly pvp, thinking it was nice you could get trinkets via points :(

I understand that you want to change things, and you can do whatever you want since it's your server, but a little bit more of a heads up would have been nice. Kinda committed and devoted a bit of time (and money) here with a friend, planning that we could get things (trinkets mainly) via points.
    This ^. Same situation but well survive, just annoying with the lack of notice.

3. In the previous posts my point was exactly that there are players who gave them money to maintain the server even though it didn't give them anything ingame. And saying that Nost was keeping a float is ridiculous, they were the biggest server, which is far from keeping a float.
    Is the server up right now? We both know the answer for that. So yes, they were keeping the server floating. If they really wanted to maintain the server there were legal ways to work around that but they would be expensive, they would require some paperwork and they would be extremely time consuming. You're trying to argue for the hell of it and since this is going off-topic I'm gonna stop replying to that theory.
    Edited: October 20, 2016

4. Well this change is wellcome and all for ofcourse but you announced it within 3 days of the change date. The players respect your choice im sure or atleast most of them, but many are going to be well screwed over because of the short notice. Can you give the base a week to decide what to dump those last points on? Or a month idk. Just as an Idea, you see people even stopped whining about proffessions and exp just because you gave them forewarning.

5. It can't exist without the community willingly donating the amount of money it takes to keep a server alive as well as pay the staff and developers who work on the project. Have you looked at hosting costs yet? Do you know the average amount of donations a server without an item shop makes a month? Can you support the hosting costs, hardware, staff, developers, and do proper testing?

Most people in the private server community aren't very willing to give money without getting something in return. I've heard this no pay to win argument before, it rarely (if ever) works out well for servers in the long run. The servers that do have no pay to win that are still around, are usually poorly scripted. Again, this comes back to the concept of 'quality'. If quality doesn't matter to you, then perhaps this isn't the server to be playing on if pay to win bothers you so much.

Nost also lied about most of their work and didn't deliver on the promises they made. The only thing that server had going for them was population but the quality was terrible. Nost didn't keep afloat, if they had they wouldn't have shutdown. They finally caved either from a letter or not having the funds to support the server anymore (we'll probably never know)
    Other servers don't pay their staff members, that would save A LOT of money.

6. Well this change is wellcome and all for ofcourse but you announced it within 3 days of the change date. The players respect your choice im sure or atleast most of them, but many are going to be well screwed over because of the short notice. Can you give the base a week to decide what to dump those last points on? Or a month idk. Just as an Idea, you see people even stopped whining about proffessions and exp just because you gave them forewarning.
    While I understand you asking for forewarning, at the same time let me ask you what I posted multiple times already: what difference would it really make if you had known this for one month? You can't get points faster just because of that warning, you still have a daily limit.

Answering your question, and also repeating myself, no, there won't be additional time given. The 72 hours is meant only to give people a last chance to use points, not for them to gather more. Three days is more than plenty for that.

7. Other servers don't pay their staff members, that would save A LOT of money.
    And why shouldn't people be paid for the work they do?

8. pos/fos/naxx items coming back hehe

9. Well I ll countinue to play singleplayer RPGs and vote to get points when I decide to come back to WOW...

10. Anyone who mentioned Shadowmourne and Val'anyr in this thread is welcome to check out the homepage for news on the subject. Every single item that exists is available to obtain via in-game means.

11. And why shouldn't people be paid for the work they do?
    It's supposed to be a volunteer thing. I was a GM on another server long ago, went a lot of times without sleep or anything trying to help people, making sure nobody was ever ignored and no problem went unfixed and never got paid for it. It's a little weird to see the only private server that pays staff members. But that is their decision, I guess.

12. Other servers don't pay their staff members, that would save A LOT of money.
    You are correct it would save a lot of money, but most GMs and staff members aren't developers and don't work with code or even touch the core so the quality aspect of the player experience would still be impacted. It is the project's choice to pay their staff members, but it's not my place to question why. That being said, I still don't know of any other private servers that actually pay their developers.

13. It's supposed to be a volunteer thing. I was a GM on another server long ago, went a lot of times without sleep or anything trying to help people, making sure nobody was ever ignored and no problem went unfixed and never got paid for it. It's a little weird to see the only private server that pays staff members. But that is their decision, I guess.
    I would understand the "volunteer" thing if our staff members were permitted to work as they please. But that's not the case. Our staff members are dedicated employees who are expected to work a certain amount of time each day, 6 or 7 days per week. Requiring a specific amount of time out of them and not giving them compensation when that time could be better spent doing paid work IRL, taking care of their children (yes, we have staff members who have families to support), or just otherwise would not have any source of income and would end up living in a cardboard box somewhere - it's important that they be compensated.

But why require a certain amount of work from each staff member? They should be allowed to work as they please! Please, you all already complain about slow development time and how GMs don't exist. If the team was allowed to work whenever, on their free time, things would be worse and you'd have even more things to complain about.

Besides, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a person getting paid for their hard work. Why is this even a discussion?

14. Mercy, i have a question: many players, just cannot raid with their guilds (being more closed people, parents, or school & jobs), and are actually depending on getting an op item from the site so they could join the quite huge gs barrier of most pug-raid leaders. Ofc, once find out how to get gold from proffessions, learn item system, find friends, it gets easier; still a new player is quite in the cold, and will get even more... So, q: Do you think that the shop change will bring down the raid gs barrier, allowing everyone to get in the raids quicklier?

15. Mercy, i have a question: many players, just cannot raid with their guilds (being more closed people, parents, or school & jobs), and are actually depending on getting an op item from the site so they could join the quite huge gs barrier of most pug-raid leaders. Ofc, once find out how to get gold from proffessions, learn item system, find friends, it gets easier; still a new player is quite in the cold, and will get even more... So, q: Do you think that the shop change will bring down the raid gs barrier, allowing everyone to get in the raids quicklier?
    If you're too busy with having a job, why not spend 20 bucks and actually support the server then? The system itself is made a pay2skip system, so you can have it easier.

All I see is people complaining for the sudden lack of absolute freebies. Grow up and go get the items in-game or if you can't because you're too busy making money, pitch in some so the place you play on doesn't disappear.

First ... 678910 ... Last